OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10: | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10:

Reaction Score
Why wouldnt uconn recruit/offer the more good players on Newtowns D then?

Dan is a really good high school player but I don't see him as a D1 FB player.

Maybe PWO.
Maybe because they might be underclassmen? UConn would be interested in some of them. Edsall likes to talk about finding a diamond in the rough, but according to you Mason is not even that? FWIW Mason isn't playing defense now but his career stats on D are pretty good.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Maybe because they might be underclassmen? UConn would be interested in some of them. Edsall likes to talk about finding a diamond in the rough, but according to you Mason is not even that? FWIW Mason isn't playing defense now but his career stats on D are pretty good.
Yes. According to me he is not a diamond in the rough but I have been wrong in my life. And you can recruit underclassmen for the future.

I can't even find Dan on a recruiting site and his D stats I found the past two years weren't that impressive as I havent seen him play D this year. Pedestrian actually.

If he does come I will cheer for him like I do for every UConn player.

024.jpg

Reaction Score
For a guy that plays only offense, 3.2 tackles per game seems pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
For a guy that plays only offense, 3.2 tackles per game seems pretty good to me.
Those are his sophomore/Jr year numbers. If you're not dominant as a junior in Connecticut you're probably not a D1 player unless you have a crazy growth spurt

Reaction Score

Wow. It woudl be a smart though to do; but, combining two relatively struggling districts and all of the history and bad blood between the people and the schools will be hard to overcome. What would not be surprising is that the end result is two separate school districts that share back-office functions (HR, accounting, purchasing, maintenance, transportation, etc.)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Newtown should be at least 2 or 3 spots higher, they could beat Shelton or Southington, not sure about St Joe's or Hand, but the real unknown is Naugatuck, anyone see them play yet?

Naugy has a lot of football tradition; but, they are are a large school (L) playing in a conference filled primarily with M and S teams. To date, their closest win was 14-0 over a 5-2 Wolcott (M) team. Their schedule is also back-loaded with 1 team with a winning record (Wolcott) and 6 who have a combined 12 wins. Their final 3 games having winning records - Seymour (S) 6-1, Holy Cross (S) 5-2, Ansonia (S) 7-0. If the Greyhounds beat Ansonia on Turkey Day (one of the great Thanksgiving Day rivalries), then they are legit. Otherwise, overrated.

Reaction Score
There are some really big games this weekend. Berlin/Bloomfield. East Hartford/New Britain. Brookfield/Newtown. Hopefully the weather cooperates

Reaction Score
There are some really big games this weekend. Berlin/Bloomfield. East Hartford/New Britain. Brookfield/Newtown. Hopefully the weather cooperates

Gonna be some changes to the bottom of the Gametime Poll w/ Berlin thumping Bloomfield and New Britain crushing East Hartford.

Reaction Score
Gonna be some changes to the bottom of the Gametime Poll w/ Berlin thumping Bloomfield and New Britain crushing East Hartford.
New Canaan is also quietly setting themselves up for a playoff bid if they can win out.

Newtown was really disappointing last night. Mason is possibly the most overrated player in the state.

Reaction Score
New Canaan is also quietly setting themselves up for a playoff bid if they can win out.

Newtown was really disappointing last night. Mason is possibly the most overrated player in the state.

Naugy just got by Seymour last night 28-26 after jumping out to a 20-0 lead along with Seymour losing its best offensive weapon early in the game. Its a big rivalry game; but, I think Ansonia is going to tear them apart on Turkey day.

Reaction Score

I didn't get to see the game, but heard they beat Brookfield 21-0. How is that disappointing for Newtown? Agree on New Canaan, they can do some damage in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game, but heard they beat Brookfield 21-0. How is that disappointing for Newtown? Agree on New Canaan, they can do some damage in the playoffs.
It was 7-0 with 6 minutes left in the game and the last two TD's were on a short field due to turnovers. Newtown moved the ball a little bit here and there, but considering how much bigger they were than Brookfield it was not a good effort. I am usually a Newtown apologist because I think they've had better teams in the past than people give them credit for, but this team isn't anything special.

Reaction Score
It was 7-0 with 6 minutes left in the game and the last two TD's were on a short field due to turnovers. Newtown moved the ball a little bit here and there, but considering how much bigger they were than Brookfield it was not a good effort. I am usually a Newtown apologist because I think they've had better teams in the past than people give them credit for, but this team isn't anything special.
Thanks for the report, did Comizio play for Brookfield? Brookfield can still make the playoffs, those kids really play hard and all of them play both sides of the ball. To take Newtown down to the 4th quarter only down 7-0 is a testament to Angarano's coaching. He always fields a tough team with a small group of kids who have all played together since Pop Warner.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the report, did Comizio play for Brookfield? Brookfield can still make the playoffs, those kids really play hard and all of them play both sides of the ball. To take Newtown down to the 4th quarter only down 7-0 is a testament to Angarano's coaching. He always fields a tough team with a small group of kids who have all played together since Pop Warner.
Comizio did play. As long as Brookfield wins out they will make the playoffs. I think they're probably the 3rd or 4th best team in class M so they have a chance to win a game or two.

Brookfield almost always has a good defense and Angarano does a great job of getting the fundamentals down, but their offenses the last several years have been bad. Even when they won back to back titles the offense was bad. A lot of that is because they haven't had a true quarterback since the 2013 season, but with all the talent they've had, they shouldn't be as one dimensional as they have been.

Reaction Score
Comizio did play. As long as Brookfield wins out they will make the playoffs. I think they're probably the 3rd or 4th best team in class M so they have a chance to win a game or two.

Brookfield almost always has a good defense and Angarano does a great job of getting the fundamentals down, but their offenses the last several years have been bad. Even when they won back to back titles the offense was bad. A lot of that is because they haven't had a true quarterback since the 2013 season, but with all the talent they've had, they shouldn't be as one dimensional as they have been.
They haven't had a decent QB since the 2008 team that beat Ledyard in the playoffs. IIRC that was also the last Brookfield team that beat Newtown.

Reaction Score
They haven't had a decent QB since the 2008 team that beat Ledyard in the playoffs. IIRC that was also the last Brookfield team that beat Newtown.
You're forgetting about Westmark in 2012 & 2013. Their 2008 team was the best team they've ever had, though.

Reaction Score
You're forgetting about Westmark in 2012 & 2013. Their 2008 team was the best team they've ever had, though.
I'm not forgetting Westmark, remember him well but as talented as he was, that team his senior year was mostly a running offense, with a great sophmore class, Bobbie Drysdale, Austin Reich, and Sies and Manesis on defense. My daughter was also a sophomore, and a varsity cheerleader back then so we went to all the games.

Reaction Score
I'm not forgetting Westmark, remember him well but as talented as he was, that team his senior year was mostly a running offense, with a great sophmore class, Bobbie Drysdale, Austin Reich, and Sies and Manesis on defense. My daughter was also a sophomore, and a varsity cheerleader back then so we went to all the games.
Westmark got a scholarship to Marist and was good enough to walk-on at UConn... Their scheme choice doesn't have anything to do with his ability lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom