OT: T'eo a fraud? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: T'eo a fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Let's see if the SID is willing to make up such ridiculous denial and explanatory stories when the Indiana AG's office puts them under oath before a grand jury. My guess is the truth will come out very quickly.

Seriously, this needs to be prosecuted.

Why?

Using the steroid kerfuffles as a guide, it's probably time we stop pissing money like a fountain on these jock-sniffing escapades.

But this is a weird duck*ing story.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, Te'o is really going to double down on this one. I'm amazed. I just don't see any way that he went three years and couldn't figure out anything was wrong. Never visited her in the hospital, never video-chatted with her, and made the kind of statements he did without ever meeting her in person.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Oh boy, Te'o is really going to double down on this one. I'm amazed. I just don't see any way that he went three years and couldn't figure out anything was wrong. Never visited her in the hospital, never video-chatted with her, and made the kind of statements he did without ever meeting her in person.

In previous interviews, his own father said that she had visited him in Hawaii. So his whole "I never met her" line is complete BS.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I feel for the kid and don't think he's a fraud.

I met my current girlfriend online. She's Ugandan royalty and I just wired her $4000 so she could escape the turmoil in her country and come spend the rest of her life with me! I don't want to jinx it but by this time next week I should have enough cash to complete the BB practice facility, buy out our current FB staff AND expand The Rent. Fingers crossed!

Reaction Score

I met my current girlfriend online. She's Ugandan royalty and I just wired her $4000 so she could escape the turmoil in her country and come spend the rest of her life with me! I don't want to jinx it but by this time next week I should have enough cash to complete the BB practice facility, buy out our current FB staff AND expand The Rent. Fingers crossed!
Well done. I hit the first line and was like, how?!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

fabalous

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Here is my favorite quote from the Notre Dame board:

Only thing that this story proves is that he's a naïve and good kid

Reaction Score
I feel for the kid and don't think he's a fraud. Well done, definitely got a laugh out of me.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is having a press conference at 8pm tonight...this should be interesting!

What are the odd's that they allow questions?! ;)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here is my favorite quote from the Notre Dame board:

Only thing that this story proves is that he's a naïve and good kid
Perfect. They own this kid and his story, it looks like they are willing to go down with the ship. No doubt Mike Golic will be blubbering his way around this story on the radio tomorrow, defending Teo's character. After all, he's a ND football player, so don't believe your lying eyes.

Reaction Score
Why?

Using the steroid kerfuffles as a guide, it's probably time we stop pissing money like a fountain on these jock-sniffing escapades.

But this is a weird duck*ing story.

And leave the SID out of it. The kid told his own made-up story about his own personal life. Not like the SID is going to doubt him and investigate it. This wasn't something that causes your "b.s. sensors" to activate.

Now if this was the SID's plot to get phony publicity and Te'o went along, that's another matter entirely.

Sad part is next time the media does an inspirational story like this, they'll have to ask for death certificates or photos from the open-casket funeral. "Sorry, ma'am, those could be anyone's ashes in that urn. I need proof."

Reaction Score

Post of the year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kind of makes Gottlieb look like an amateur by ND fraud standards.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is having a press conference at 8pm tonight...this should be interesting!

What are the odd's that they allow questions?! ;)

10% chance that Notre Dame will allow questions.

90% chance Notre Dame dug up a corpse in a potter's field and will just point to it and yell, "SEE? She's real!", and then walk out of the room.

Reaction Score
Don't feel bad for the kid. He's already got himself a new love of his life...
21137M.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
@mh-ver-3 hearing that the b10 is no longer interested in courting #ND. they will stop at 14 for good now.

Reaction Score
I love that ESPN is being forced to run with a Deadspin story, I know this must burn their soul. They spent a good 15 minutes talking about Chip Kelly to lead off the 6pm SC knowing they had to eventually get to this.

Reaction Score
The best thing that ND and Te'o could do is come clean now.

That being said, I really really really really hope they continue to defend Te'o and his reputation. Because then, we all win in the end.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Religious family, religious school, playing a sport with no actively gay players...

Kinda crazy that in this day and age he thought his best bet was to invent a girlfriend, but...

Well, let's just see what happens.

Reaction Score
c

Come on man. We've been over this, the Rent doesn't need to be expanded until we can fill it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom