OT: T'eo a fraud? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: T'eo a fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I used to be a Notre Dame fan before I saw through all of their BS. They come from this holier than thou platform and their behavior as a University and Athletic Department is morally bankrupt.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The way I see it, there are 4 realistic possibilities here:

1. Teo is the dumbest person in the world to fall for this for 3 years (1% possibility)
2. This is a lie he created to cover up something in his life (ie homosexuality) and it got out of hand (70%)
3. Teo is a sociopath and has serious mental issues (29%)

Either way, he just cost himself millions of dollars...does he even get drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft now?!

Reaction Score
Wow this is just too weird, ill wait till I here all the details. Imagine trying to tell this story to NFL teams if it holds true.

Reaction Score

1. Teo is the dumbest person in the world to fall for this for 3 years (1% possibility)
2. This is a lie he created to cover up something in his life (ie homosexuality) and it got out of hand (70%)

Either way, he just cost himself millions of dollars...does he even get drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft now?!

Maybe hes gay and using a made-up girl as a coverup

Reaction Score

The original story says he and the guy who made up the identity of the girl knew each other...don't know what the motivation is for doing something like that.

Reaction Score
Te'o issued a statement Tuesday afternoon:
"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.
"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.
"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.
"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.
"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.
"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Reaction Score
"Conspired to make him believe that she had died of leukemia." How does one do that? Pick up the phone and tell your boy friend "I'm dead of leukemia. Speak to you tomorrow honey."

This is commercial fraud. The Notre Dame SID worked with him to sell more tickets and try to win Teo the Heisman. It needs to be prosecuted, if for no other reason than to see how high in the school's hierarchy the conspiracy goes.

Reaction Score

Either that or a fame whore.

Reaction Score
If this was a hoax played on him by imposters/cons, what do they get out of it? That they played a sick prank on a prominent CFB player? Seems like a lot of effort just for that?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Didn't Teo's dad call for a boycott of the Honolulu paper for running a photo of him missing a tackle (one of many) against Bama? Some serious entitlement issues here. He chose the right school.

Reaction Score
there is definetly more to this story then what were hearing this is very bizarre.

Reaction Score
How did reporters miss this story? Not a single reporter bothered to look for an obituary? Or tried to contact the family? Or her classmates at Stanford?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If this was a hoax played on him by imposters/cons, what do they get out of it? That they played a sick prank on a prominent CFB player? Seems like a lot of effort just for that?

And a hoax that lasted over 3 years including spending hours on the phone together all night and sending an imposter to Hawaii and California?!

Would love to see his receipt for the flowers he supposedly sent to her funeral as well as the phone records of him talking all night, every night with her. I have a feeling that they don't exist.

My only question is if ND was in on this in any way, or if this was all Teo, his family, and friends.

Reaction Score
Te'o statement and Notre Dame's statement does not match the Deadspin story at all. Not a wise move at all to keep lying, this is going to blow up and get a whole lot worse for Manti and ND.

Reaction Score
College football is just too shady.

Next time I criticize UConn's marketing I will have to remember what they are competing against. Schools who will pump up their name and Heisman candidates by telling fake stories about a dead girlfriend and than again LIE when caught.

Reaction Score
Te'o statement and Notre Dame's statement does not match the Deadspin story at all. Not a wise move at all to keep lying, this is going to blow up and get a whole lot worse for Manti and ND.

Family said he visited her in the hospital.

They are lying and so is Notre Dame. Even when caught. Welcome to college sports in 2013.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this story is just so great i find myself sitting here hitting refresh looking for more. its truly just gold. this kinda stuff happens where? only in the acc! hahaahahahahahaahah

on a more serious note, i would love for uconn to have this problem. :eek:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone here watch the show "Catfish" on MTV? This happens regularly apparently. Amazing that people are so gullible but it seems pretty commonplace. http://www.mtv.com/shows/catfish/series.jhtml

(yes, i am 44 and still watch teenage programing on MTV. I know im a loser)

EDIT: After reading the entire Deadspin article it doesn't sound like a "catfish" situation took place. This is one crazy story.

Reaction Score
And a hoax that lasted over 3 years including spending hours on the phone together all night and sending an imposter to Hawaii and California?!

Would love to see his receipt for the flowers he supposedly sent to her funeral as well as the phone records of him talking all night, every night with her. I have a feeling that they don't exist.

My only question is if ND was in on this in any way, or if this was all Teo, his family, and friends.

The whole thing is a huge fraud. They said the funeral happened in Carson City, California. Carson City, California is not a real place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom