OT: T'eo a fraud? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: T'eo a fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The legal theory for prosecuting requires commercial gain. If TeO clearly plotted a hoax, I'm still not sure you can have a conviction because what he would gain from it is very tenous. What ND gains from it is much more clearly commercial -- sell more tickets and sweatshirts and better compete for students.
Didn't ND hold fundraisers for her on Te'o's behalf. Where did that $$ go?

Reaction Score
http://post original url/4W6XlsON

New ND rally shirt from LSU Freek.

Husky25

Reaction Score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-t...nti-te-o-girlfriend-story-rank-140115493.html

Te'o's hoax is already ranked at #4 in top ten sports hoaxes. Here's an update on that kid who pretended he had offers from California and Oregon. His high school GPA was 1.8.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...rnia-golden-bears-sign-missouri-western-state
This was an Outside the Lines story a couple years ago. It's amazing how many people will take a 17 year old at his word and give him a pass due solely to athletic ability (i.e. How was he eligible in high school with a 1.8 GPA?).
It's a little different too. Hart was a teenager when he perpetrated his hoax. Te'o is an Notre Dame educated young man.

What's been bugging me about this is why did Te'o's non-existent girlfriend have to die and why of something like luekemia? Why couldn't he just break-up with her?

Husky25

Reaction Score
http://post original url/4W6XlsON

New ND rally shirt from LSU Freek.

On yesterday's Whiner Line on WEEI, they were mocking him with "Win One for The Grifter" taunts.

Reaction Score
This was an Outside the Lines story a couple years ago. It's amazing how many people will take a 17 year old at his word and give him a pass due solely to athletic ability (i.e. How was he eligible in high school with a 1.8 GPA?).
Unfortunately, that's the world we're in. Those who add pride to communities can get away with almost anything.

Reaction Score
Interesting article out there from ESPN. Solid reporting. Still got to wonder why it's happening now, and not when they it was reported from knew about it the day before the BCS game, and why Notre Dame officials, didn't find anything unusual about allowing the story to be promoted, after they knew it was not real.

You got to hope that if this info is accurate, the guy that started "Kekua" persona, gets mental help, becuase he needs it. You also still got to wonder WTF is up with this Manti Te'o. I'm quite certain that NFL GM's are going to be wanting some more than usual detail info on this kid before they invest millions in him. It's entirely possible that he was completely fooled all along. It just isn't the most likely scenario.

Regardless of what Te'O's role in the thing is, nothing changes the fact that there was commercial fraud perpetuated here by Notre Dame to promote their own product and name based on false pretenses, but they most likely will not be taken to task on it. One of the more bizarre things I've ever seen.

Reaction Score

Te'o is kinda screwed regardless of what is actually true at this point. They've already turned up a number of references to his girlfriend from Te'o after December 6th, so no matter if he was in on it from the beginning or initially duped and then found out, he still took some part is promoting this BS. Even if he had just stopped talking about it after he found out and not own up, that would have been a lot better than to keep talking about how terrible it was to lose your gf to cancer.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Still not buying this. So Tuiasosopo's cousin was spending 4+ hours on the phone with him each night? She was carrying around a second cell phone waiting for calls? And she and Tuiasosopo were coordinating the online stuff and phone conversations so their story always matched? And they kept this up for at least THREE YEARS?
In a way, this would be kind of good for T'eo. It would be good because it would prove he was not a liar. However, there were parts of his story where he said they met at a football game - so that doesn't jive. What guy would have a 3-year online relationship and never want to meet a girl in person (especially after calling her "his girlfriend)? That just brings up more questions. And the last thing is - if T'eo was duped that badly for 3+ years and never questioned anything about this girl, I'm sorry but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reaction Score
Te'o is kinda screwed regardless of what is actually true at this point. They've already turned up a number of references to his girlfriend from Te'o after December 6th, so no matter if he was in on it from the beginning or initially duped and then found out, he still took some part is promoting this BS. Even if he had just stopped talking about it after he found out and not own up, that would have been a lot better than to keep talking about how terrible it was to lose your gf to cancer.

I think it's both... duped and embellished and couldn't reverse it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok this may the best one I've heard yet. From Mateo Q in and e-mail to The Sports Guy (Bill Simmons):

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Manti Te'o's girlfriend pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-t...nti-te-o-girlfriend-story-rank-140115493.html

Te'o's hoax is already ranked at #4 in top ten sports hoaxes. Here's an update on that kid who pretended he had offers from California and Oregon. His high school GPA was 1.8.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...rnia-golden-bears-sign-missouri-western-state

Kevin Hart, the pride of Fernley, NV ! I actually saw him play in high school a couple of times (against Truckee, CA High School but didn't know who he was other than a big kid who got pushed around by the state champion Truckee offensive line that averaged about 170lbs). That story was awesome.

Reaction Score
Interesting article out there from ESPN. Solid reporting. Still got to wonder why it's happening now, and not when they it was reported from knew about it the day before the BCS game, and why Notre Dame officials, didn't find anything unusual about allowing the story to be promoted, after they knew it was not real.

You got to hope that if this info is accurate, the guy that started "Kekua" persona, gets mental help, becuase he needs it. You also still got to wonder WTF is up with this Manti Te'o. I'm quite certain that NFL GM's are going to be wanting some more than usual detail info on this kid before they invest millions in him. It's entirely possible that he was completely fooled all along. It just isn't the most likely scenario.

Regardless of what Te'O's role in the thing is, nothing changes the fact that there was commercial fraud perpetuated here by Notre Dame to promote their own product and name based on false pretenses, but they most likely will not be taken to task on it. One of the more bizarre things I've ever seen.

Why? Te'o is a 21 year old kid that was no doubt embarassed by the fact that 1. he had a girlfriend online that he never met. 2. he got duped. Any one of you would do the same thing he did. Here's the 'I told you so moment' from me.

Reaction Score
You people here have to realize it's a different day and age. People do have online relationships. There's a regular show on tv about people lying to each other and still trying to work it out because they are in love. It happens. Don't blame Te'o for this. Blame our society. Some sick people out there.

Reaction Score
Why? Te'o is a 21 year old kid that was no doubt embarassed by the fact that 1. he had a girlfriend online that he never met. 2. he got duped. Any one of you would do the same thing he did. Here's the 'I told you so moment' from me.

I go back to my original comments this morning, after discussing this w/ some folks last night. There's something fishy here, stinky fishy, and I'd lay any bet that Te'O is gay, is a complete moron in the true sense of a very, very low basketball IQ and intellectual capability, or he's part of the hoax.

He's a 21 year old kid, that's the most popular player on the most popular team at the entire university. He's big, tall, he's muscular, he's not particularly ugly. He's a national celebrity. What the hell does this guy need with an online girlfriend he's never met? I absolutely 100% guarantee you, regardless of what kind of feminist issues it might bring up, (especially with the way that Seeberg's suicide was handled)....that there were females lined up to polish this guy's knob. Real girls.

So what gives? Is he tebow? Saving himself? Good religious boy? Maybe. Sure - that's not unrealistic......rare - but not unrealistic. Still should have a real life warm bodies rubbing up on him, of the female persuasion.

The only thing missing from this entire story, is the story of the girls that have tried to hook up with Te'O, but failed. Or better yet, those that did hook up with this guy. I don't believe any exist.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ok this may the best one I've heard yet. From Mateo Q in and e-mail to The Sports Guy (Bill Simmons):

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Manti Te'o's girlfriend pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
You've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off? That was super funny...in 1986.

Reaction Score
So you would have written a letter to a little girl battling cancer offering your fake girl as a role model for her? Wow

Reaction Score
I go back to my original comments this morning, after discussing this w/ some folks last night. There's something fishy here, stinky fishy, and I'd lay any bet that Te'O is gay, is a complete moron in the true sense of a very, very low basketball IQ and intellectual capability, or he's part of the hoax.

He's a 21 year old kid, that's the most popular player on the most popular team at the entire university. He's big, tall, he's muscular, he's not particularly ugly. He's a national celebrity. What the hell does this guy need with an online girlfriend he's never met? I absolutely 100% guarantee you, regardless of what kind of feminist issues it might bring up, (especially with the way that Seeberg's suicide was handled)....that there were females lined up to polish this guy's knob. Real girls.

So what gives? Is he tebow? Saving himself? Good religious boy? Maybe. Sure - that's not unrealistic......rare - but not unrealistic. Still should have a real life warm bodies rubbing up on him, of the female persuasion.

The only thing missing from this entire story, is the story of the girls that have tried to hook up with Te'O, but failed. I don't believe any exist.

Because some people are more mature than others at that age than trying to screw anything that walks.

Reaction Score
So you would have written a letter to a little girl battling cancer offering your fake girl as a role model for her? Wow

When i understand what you just wrote, maybe i'll have a response for you.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yeah, I could see myself having an online relationship with a girl for 3 years and calling her my girlfriend....................WHEN I WAS FOURTEEN.

Reaction Score
Well it seems like his teammates knew he was bullsh*tting about the girl. He was supposedly dating other women on campus and was dating a girl from St. Mary's this fall.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well it seems like his teammates knew he was bullsh*tting about the girl. He was supposedly dating other women on campus and was dating a girl from St. Mary's this fall.

Are they dead too?

Reaction Score
Ha, pretty sure the girls at Notre Dame are real but the one at St. mary's is definitely fake, no way he would walk the 5 minutes to see if she's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom