OT: Red Sox Swept | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox Swept

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I still have a rooting interest, though. Love to see Tito to stick it to Theo.

Why don't you like Theo? If it wasn't for Lucchino, he'd probably still be the Sox GM.

Reaction Score
Hilarious point of view but really not your fault, it's the Nations!:eek:

That's all you got?
I've got as much as you can handle. What is so hilarious? You can't just write a vague response without some specifics to back up your point.

Reaction Score
They definitely have options behind McCann that don't require signing Encarnacion or any other DH. And with as bad as the pitching projects to be next year, I doubt very seriously that there is any obtainable bat that could impact the team's overall trajectory in 2017. They managed to stay within striking distance of the playoffs with the roster they had in 2016. I say keep that strategy at least for 2017 and find out for real what you have in guys like Judge, Bird, Austin, Mason Williams, and more.

Plus, the Yanks will not want Bird playing 1st base every day in '17, should he win the spot, as he is coming off a major injury and ditto Sanchez as we have seen what happens to guys like Carter and Piazza who ae behind the plate every day. The DH slot can be used by those two periodically and maybe Butler if he sticks around for a full season. That should be plenty of power without wasting dollars on the FA market. If money is to be spend there, I would like to see a bonafied lead-off hitter, assuming none of the younglings are ready yet; or better yet, on starting pitching.

Reaction Score
Why don't you like Theo? If it wasn't for Lucchino, he'd probably still be the Sox GM.

Because Red Sox fans consider anyone who left them a traitor, even if the guy was run out of town by and idiot in the front office.

Reaction Score
Wow Stair, you're a lost soul to believe that. Guess you're one of those "baseball started in 2004 guys huh"?? Problem with you and Red Sox fans who just became anything close to significant (how does last place feel every couple of years huh?LOL) in 2004, you would prefer to forget how dominant the Yanks were for such a long time. I believe you need to do some reading, but you aren't alone the Nation knows little about baseball prior to 20034 that's been obvious. And the one's that do have takenbt he 5th - hilarious group of fans now, simply pure comedy! Enjoy your little millennium vacuum.

Maybe there are young Yankee fans who feel that but most could give a rats a** I promise. I mean playoffs is what a fan wants, 162 games and competing is what a fan wants. Since the 1995 tell me how many times the Sox made the playoffs, were a player for the regular season and how many times they finished last?

You wish you were us
The Sox have made the playoffs 11 times since 1995, 50% of the time! Give me a break on the last place finishes Mau, nobody gives a sh#t about a team that makes the playoffs and gets knocked out early. I can attest to that after this Sox loss to Cleveland. The goal is to win a World Series so I'll take a few bad seasons along the way, sprinkled in with titles, just like we've seen out of our Huskies. And I think I can speak for all Boneyard Sox fans, when I say none of us wish we were you! You have reason to be optimistic moving forward but with our young core we are as well positioned for the next 5-6 years as any team in baseball. You'll never see Fenway half empty in September when the Red Sox are still in playoff contention, you can't say the same.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Because Red Sox fans consider anyone who left them a traitor, even if the guy was run out of town by and idiot in the front office.

If the Cubs win it this year, Theo will have been the guy to stop 85 and 107 year World Series droughts. woooo boy

Reaction Score
The Sox have made the playoffs 11 times since 1995, 50% of the time! Give me a break on the last place finishes Mau, nobody gives a sh#t about a team that makes the playoffs and gets knocked out early. I can attest to that after this Sox loss to Cleveland. The goal is to win a World Series so I'll take a few bad seasons along the way, sprinkled in with titles, just like we've seen out of our Huskies. And I think I can speak for all Boneyard Sox fans, when I say none of us wish we were you! You have reason to be optimistic moving forward but with our young core we are as well positioned for the next 5-6 years as any team in baseball. You'll never see Fenway half empty in September when the Red Sox are still in playoff contention, you can't say the same.

I actually respect the Sox have put into their farm system as I believe that that is the 'right' way to do things until the Yankees of the last ten years or so and the Sox in 2010/11, especially. That said, both teams have one glaring hole, which is key to winning MLB playoff series - at least 1, preferably 2 bonafied, proven, shut-down playoff pitchers. Tanaka (lifetime playoff experience: appearances, 1 start, record 0-1, ERA 3.60) has not proven himself yet while CC (lifetime playoff experience: 19 appearances, 18 starts, record 9-5, ERA 4.53) is past his prime for the Yanks. For the Sox, Porcello (lifetime playoff experience: 9 appearances, 3 starts, record of 0-3, ERA of 5.66) and Price (lifetime playoff experience: 15 appearances, 9 starts, record 2-8, ERA 5.54) to date have proven not to be playoff pitchers.

That said for 2016, a mediocre Yankees team did outsell the World Series dreaming Red Sox 3,063,000 versus 2,955,000, which is an average of 37,819 to 36,486. Not bad for a team that was dead by the All-Star break only to get a quick injection of life and hope at the end of the season. By the way, when are the Red Sox moving out of that AAA sized ball park they have?

Boston Red Sox Team Player Roster - ESPN

intlzncster

Reaction Score
By the way, when are the Red Sox moving out of that AAA sized ball park they have?

God I hope not. I'm it's nice to go sit in fancy luxurious seats, but for the few games I do get to, I really enjoy being kind of transported back in time. It's cool to soak in the history. I haven't been to Wrigley, and frankly, it's the only other park I'm really interested in going to.

And pitching is a glaring hole for the Sox right now. They have some good arms, but they do need 'the guy' to get it done in the post season; there's no Pedro, Schilling, Beckett, Lester, etc.

They need more quality depth in both the rotation and the pen. Losing Carson Smith early hurt the pen bad this year, but that just means it wasn't deep enough to begin with. The Sox haven't seemed to be able to develop any young stud pitchers. I don't get it. I look at teams like the Tigers, the Mets, and the A's of a few years ago and I salivate.

Traded Anderson Espinoza for Drew Pomeranz this year. If Espinoza (who very early on) becomes 'the next Pedro', I'll $h1t myself.

Reaction Score
It's not just Yankee fans guys, but you have your own little world. Just like saying other players gravitate to him - funny, the DR players do for sure the others just put up with him. Again, you will think what you want because he's yours, but no one else gave a crap about his last game I promise but you and the media.
If you stayed up to hear the TBS postgame, they had Sheffield and Rollins raving about him and one of the two - I believe Sheffield - said that Papi would go say hi to a ton of players during BP and if he didn't go say hi to some players, the ones who he missed would go up to him to talk.
He is very well liked by a lot of players. Even ex-Yankees say so.
But I suppose you know more than MLB players.

Reaction Score
That said for 2016, a mediocre Yankees team did outsell the World Series dreaming Red Sox 3,063,000 versus 2,955,000, which is an average of 37,819 to 36,486. Not bad for a team that was dead by the All-Star break only to get a quick injection of life and hope at the end of the season. By the way, when are the Red Sox moving out of that AAA sized ball park they have?
Usually when I'm watching the Sox I'll flip over to YES during commercials. The real average attendance in YS this year was probably a lot closer to 15-20K then 37K. The amount of empty seats - even when they were turning it on in the end - was amazing.

Reaction Score
You're too worked up on ONE year dude. Relax no one took a steaming dump on any legacy this is all in your mind. You guys still think about Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone?
2004 changed the fanbases more than the organizations.
I can tell you that Yankees fans aren't the a***holz they once were pre-2004 and I hardly hear them talk about Bucky and Boone anymore. Because they can't.
That's what 2004 did. You may think Sox fans are massive dicks now - and maybe they are - but where do you think we learned it from?

Reaction Score
The Sox have made the playoffs 11 times since 1995, 50% of the time! Give me a break on the last place finishes Mau, nobody gives a sh#t about a team that makes the playoffs and gets knocked out early. I can attest to that after this Sox loss to Cleveland. The goal is to win a World Series so I'll take a few bad seasons along the way, sprinkled in with titles, just like we've seen out of our Huskies.

And in the same time the Yanks made the playoffs 17 times, won 5 World Series while losing 2 and never came in last place.

Reaction Score
If you stayed up to hear the TBS postgame, they had Sheffield and Rollins raving about him and one of the two - I believe Sheffield - said that Papi would go say hi to a ton of players during BP and if he didn't go say hi to some players, the ones who he missed would go up to him to talk.
He is very well liked by a lot of players. Even ex-Yankees say so.
But I suppose you know more than MLB players.

Ok Vike everyone loves him LOL. They all do on TV, they have to don't be so naive for crying out loud. Keep on hating ARod and enjoy your little fantasy.

Reaction Score
I can tell you that Yankees fans aren't the a***holz they once were pre-2004 and I hardly hear them talk about Bucky and Boone anymore. Because they can't.
That's what 2004 did. You may think Sox fans are massive dicks now - and maybe they are - but where do you think we learned it from?

You ARE massive di**s or at least the majority of the newbies are for sure, it's not me thinking it I promise.

Reaction Score

37-38K? WOW most of which joined in in 2004. My company has season tickets for decades I was going with customers to games in August September with 18-20K in Fenway at times prior to 2000. And even after a few times when things weren't going well. It's no different than anywhere, maybe a bit better now with that delirious Nation of yours.

Last place 2 of the last 4 years and every year you had reason to be optimistic, let's see how it works out ok? Fans give a shot about being in a race all or most of the year who are you kidding? Tell me you were happy as a fan last year when you were history at the All Star break and I will tell you you're full of major crap.

Reaction Score
Usually when I'm watching the Sox I'll flip over to YES during commercials. The real average attendance in YS this year was probably a lot closer to 15-20K then 37K. The amount of empty seats - even when they were turning it on in the end - was amazing.

So MLB's official attendance figures are wrong for Yankee Stadium? Possible. If they are, then they are wrong for Fenway Park, too. Don't go by what's on TV either as the seats behind home plate at Yankee are so expensive, no one buys them. Looks horrible on TV. I was at Yankee for Papi's last game and the stadium looked to be about 2/3 filled, which is what I would expect for a weeknight game on a cool, rainy night the day after the Yanks were officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Theo was the one that insinuated Francona was on pills at the end of their time in Boston. That was crappy. And my 2nd favorite team is any team Tito is coaching.

Reaction Score
37-38K? WOW most of which joined in in 2004. My company has season tickets for decades I was going with customers to games in August September with 18-20K in Fenway at times prior to 2000. And even after a few times when things weren't going well. It's no different than anywhere, maybe a bit better now with that delirious Nation of yours.

Last place 2 of the last 4 years and every year you had reason to be optimistic, let's see how it works out ok? Fans give a shot about being in a race all or most of the year who are you kidding? Tell me you were happy as a fan last year when you were history at the All Star break and I will tell you you're full of major crap.
I wasn't happy about the first 2/3 of last season but they played hard the last 50 games or so and finished just below .500. It's the AL East, so yeah, even a near .500 record can land a team in last place some years. It was and continues to be a young team, some down years are expected when rebuilding.

A friend of mine who is a huge Yankee fan texted me after the game he attended in mid September. He was appalled by the lack of actual attendance, even while facing Kershaw while 2 back in the wild card race! I went to the game the next night and it was still half empty at least. You'll never see that at Fenway while in a pennant race.

Reaction Score
I wasn't happy about the first 2/3 of last season but they played hard the last 50 games or so and finished just below .500. It's the AL East, so yeah, even a near .500 record can land a team in last place some years. It was and continues to be a young team, some down years are expected when rebuilding.

A friend of mine who is a huge Yankee fan texted me after the game he attended in mid September. He was appalled by the lack of actual attendance, even while facing Kershaw while 2 back in the wild card race! I went to the game the next night and it was still half empty at least. You'll never see that at Fenway while in a pennant race.

Who gives a flying about attendance figures?

Reaction Score
This is hysterical. Bucky Dent and Aaron bleeping Boone took up residence in Sox fans heads. That's on YOU, not us. I honestly can't even think of a context where Yankee fans would bring up either of them. The Yankees won those games and those series. And on bulk, as I said before, the Yankees as a franchise have more success overall and over most eras in baseball.

Literally nothing has changed for the Yankees or their fans because the Sox won in 2004 and twice since. Nothing. Anything that changed was on the Sox side of things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom