OT: PGA Championship | The Boneyard

OT: PGA Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who do we like this week?

I want to believe Day breaks through this week - who does everyone else like?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Spieth continue his run and take the American Slam.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Being Whistling Straits is more a links than a typical lush PGA course, I'd go with the same guys who were top of the leaderboard at the US and British Opens. So my top 10:
1. Louis Oo
2. Speith
3. Day
4. Scott (ban the long putter!)
5. Sergio
6. Brendan Grace
7. Koepka
8. Pat Reed
9. Matsuyama
10. Rory

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like either Day or Bubba to win but as a sleeper look out for Brooks Kopeka

Koepka is a good sleeper pick as is Shane Lowry of Ireland.

You have to think betting on Day, Fowler or Dustin Johnson eventually pays off, but they are creeping in to Sergio's territory.

Bubba sounds good too.

I'm gonna go a bit unconventional and pick the other Johnson, Zach. Split the majors down the middle and have all four go to guys who emphasize ball striking and putting over bombing.

Reaction Score
3 sleepers - Russell Henley, Justin Thomas and Danny Lee

I like Koepka and he will break through just not yet although I expect him in it. Agree with storrs on Louie O he is playing well and knocking on the door again and again.

If I had to throw out 2 I would expect to be near or at the top come Sunday evening it will be Jason Day and Justin Rose. Hopefully Speith too but he seems to be a bit tired for now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Golf hasn't returned to the mainstream crossover appeal of Tiger but there are a ton of high level golfers in their prime right now.

Here's a small list of players teeing up this weekend. I am going strictly off the top of my head and am probably forgetting 5-10 very good golfers

Anyone who wins will have gone through a fantastic leaderboard of healthy golfers in the primes

Golfers w/ 2 Plus Majors
Rory
Bubba
Spieth
Z Johnson
Kaymer

Golfers w/ 1 Major
Rose
Louie
Furyk
Scott
Schwartzel

Golfers w/ No Majors
DJ
Fowler
Garcia
Day

***I no longer consider Phil a threat.

Reaction Score
Couple long shots I like are Robert Streb and David Lingmerth. Big ask for either to win but both have been playing great.

Danny Lee has yet to make a cut in his career at the majors ( 0 for 3) but he has also been playing great.

Bubba loves the course, and when Bubba is not crying and complaining, he plays very well so look at for him.

Like Day to take it

Reaction Score
Couple long shots I like are Robert Streb and David Lingmerth. Big ask for either to win but both have been playing great.

Danny Lee has yet to make a cut in his career at the majors ( 0 for 3) but he has also been playing great.

Bubba loves the course, and when Bubba is not crying and complaining, he plays very well so look at for him.

Like Day to take it

Like those - Bubba for me is just not a likable dude. I'm sure he's okay but there's a lot of fake in him from what I read. Nonetheless he's USA so may need to root for him coming home.

Reaction Score
Like those - Bubba for me is just not a likable dude. I'm sure he's okay but there's a lot of fake in him from what I read. Nonetheless he's USA so may need to root for him coming home.
won good chunk of change on Bubba's first masters win so I have tried to like him because of that, but I can't. No one complains and b^tches more than him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I like Bubba, Louie and Matsuyama here a lot. Koepka too, although he sucks for fantasy because he always has a really high draft %.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Spieth, Rose, Zach, Oosth in that order. Dustin and Sergio will never win a major. Not because they aren't tremendous golfers, they are just head cases who will find a way to beat themselves. I think Rory just hasn't played enough.

Phil and Furyk could put a magical weekend together but both of them need to perfect for 4 days at this point in their career (and then probably need a little help). Tiger has some time to get it back to that level, but he's quickly heading into that territory. He won't be a factor after Saturday if he makes the cut.

Reaction Score
Tiger and the cut?

I like Tiger and want to see him back in a huge way great for the game for the kids to have to worry about him again if he does. But that course and his inability to control the tee game leaves me very doubtful we see him this weekend. The stinger won't be effective there too much carry required it would seem. Huge trouble although would love to eat crow on this one.

Reaction Score
Here are my DraftKings picks. One on the left was original. For some reason really felt good about Francesco Molinari, so re-did a lineup to fit him in. Had to submit both, so I wasn't kicking myself if gut instinct was correct.

Reaction Score
Course is playing soft and forgiving, everyone is scoring early, except Tiger of course.

Reaction Score
Course is playing soft and forgiving, everyone is scoring early, except Tiger of course.

and Keegan Bradley, and Jim Furyk, and Charl Schwartzel, and Bubba Watson.

Their careers are all over.

Reaction Score
Adam Rainaud of Black Hall Old Lyme via South Hadley MA is 3 over after 12 - real nice player.

Reaction Score
Tiger cannot putt today as compared to 2 weeks ago where he looked decent

Reaction Score
In an office pool, chose

Koepka
Spieth
Kaymer
D. Johnson
Day

Everyone did pretty well, Koepka recovered nicely on the back 9

Reaction Score
Dustin Johnson - setting himself perfectly for another major choke. Gotta feel for the guy - the pressure must be immense. If he had a 5 shot lead going into Sunday, I'd still bet against him.

Reaction Score
A surprising number of players' careers ended yesterday (they failed to beat Tiger). Zach Johnson, Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington, Adam Scott, Jimmy Walker, Henrik Stenson, among others. Most, if not all, were in too much shock to acknowledge the reality of their situation.

Reaction Score
After Day 1:

Dustin dusted off the ghosts of Staits past and proved he's a viable contender.
Jason Day proved he never goes away and is always a contender in the majors.
Zach Johnson was told the length would be tough for him if he didn't put it in the short grass. Well he was hitting it sideways for him and he's out.
Speech couldn't make a putt but is in the red and will be there on Sunday I would bet.
Rory had some rust but was solid, tee ball long and fairly straight. Wedge game comes back he's going to be there.
Phil was all over the place but damn the guy can come up with shots no one else can. Should be gone after today if he hits it off the tee in the same places.
Tiger - well he not only doesn't hit it like Tiger any more he also doesn't putt it like Tiger any more. Interesting to see how today goes although expectations aren't good.

Projected winner: Russell Henley

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member