OT: PGA Championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tiger in the lead heading into the weekend, be interesting to see the TV rating this gets if he still there on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Ok, name the next 3-4 dominant players in golf.
Not really hard to figure out.

Rory, Jordan and Day have won 5 of the last 6 majors and if Rory was healthy for the Open its probably 6 of 6.

Add in the runner ups, and basically at least 2 of 3 being in the top 10 of all those majors, and the 8 or 9 non major wins the 3 have combined for over that stretch we have 3 clear guys dominating the sport right now.

Reaction Score
Tiger in the lead heading into the weekend, be interesting to see the TV rating this gets if he still there on Sunday.

Don't worry even if he wins the naysayers will site the less than stellar field and rightfully so to a point. Should be fun because quite honestly if he really has the feeling back, his reaction should be a positive one. I mean c'mon we all know how bad he would like to get into the FedEx and making it there with that kind of pressure would be a confidence builder for him. Interesting for sure.

Reaction Score
WOOHOO Jason Day won the PGA championship! Now back to another white stiff winning the next major.
"White stiff?" What? Is that necessary? You really think Tiger's success was because he was half asian, half black? And not because he was a tremendous, revolutionary talent? Tiger was successful notwithstanding his race, not because of it. What is your issue? Golf too white for you? Tough t1tties for you.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
"White stiff?" What? Is that necessary? You really think Tiger's success was because he was half asian, half black? And not because he was a tremendous, revolutionary talent? Tiger was successful notwithstanding his race, not because of it. What is your issue? Golf too white for you? Tough t1tties for you.

1. You just put several words in my mouth-when did I ever make such a stupid statement like "Tiger's success was because he was half asian, half black'? That is asinine. Tiger was dominant, unique, had personality (either good or bad), and a pioneer-mostly because of his race and background. That's what made it fun to watch. Please don't make up stuff that I never said.
2. Sorry if my lack of political correctness offends you. By white stiff, I meant a guy who lacks personality, edge, character. And yes, it just so happens that an overwhelming majority of the tour is caucasian. I have no problem (especially considering I'm white). But it's not about race mostly, it's about uniqueness. For example, Rickie Fowler is a unique golfer, especially with his outfits, (but unfortunately he's not dominant enough to fit this conversation). Bubba is also unique-unorthodox swing, self-taught. (I think Fowler is claimed to be self-taught also).

Golf is not "too white", because that is subjective and breeds racism. It lacks character, people coming from different paths with unique playstyles and methods that are extremely competitive. Not to say golfers aren't competitive (it's probably one of the most mentally demanding sports), it just lacks observable fire that exists in most other sports at the highest level. This could also just be because you don't physically compete against another person.. But JMHO

Reaction Score
1. You just put several words in my mouth-when did I ever make such a stupid statement like "Tiger's success was because he was half asian, half black'? That is asinine. Tiger was dominant, unique, had personality (either good or bad), and a pioneer-mostly because of his race and background. That's what made it fun to watch. Please don't make up stuff that I never said.
2. Sorry if my lack of political correctness offends you. By white stiff, I meant a guy who lacks personality, edge, character. And yes, it just so happens that an overwhelming majority of the tour is caucasian. I have no problem (especially considering I'm white). But it's not about race mostly, it's about uniqueness. For example, Rickie Fowler is a unique golfer, especially with his outfits, (but unfortunately he's not dominant enough to fit this conversation). Bubba is also unique-unorthodox swing, self-taught. (I think Fowler is claimed to be self-taught also).

Golf is not "too white", because that is subjective and breeds racism. It lacks character, people coming from different paths with unique playstyles and methods that are extremely competitive. Not to say golfers aren't competitive (it's probably one of the most mentally demanding sports), it just lacks observable fire that exists in most other sports at the highest level. This could also just be because you don't physically compete against another person.. But JMHO

Not sure how Jason Day and his story lacks personality, character and an edge? Have to agree many of the bigger names are "stiffs" in so many ways with little to attach to but Day isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom