OT PGA Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT PGA Championship

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The bet is with Poly. He's the one that made the comment back, glad to see he put his money where his mouth is.

agreed. good job by him. i was hoping hed turn tail.

Reaction Score
Tiger's going to miss the cut. He looks totally defeated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Those people sleep in their cars overnight to get weekend tee times which may account for their attitudes. Plus they are New Yokers.

You guys seem spoiled these days. Used to be a time when every local muni required sleeping in cars to get a morning tee time. Even Norwalk and Stamford.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well, I was wrong about the scoring, but the wind never whipped up and got gusty, so the course could be had again. Now there are 25 guys under par.

Koepka just kept the pedal down. Even though he did make a couple bogies, for the most part it was a total stress free round with most par saves coming within 5 feet and usually were tap ins. Now having to grind out pars helps a lot mentally. I doubt he can be caught.

Amazing for Spieth who hasn't finished in the top 20 all year to be in the final pairing tomorrow. Nice come back for him.

I get that Tiger needs to manage the number of starts to keep his back issues under control, but he's got to have a a couple before a major. He was not at all tuned up for this. Having not played since the Masters was not a well thought out plan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, Spieth shot a 66 today; DJ shot a 67.

Both lost strokes to Koepka and are further behind after the second round than they were after the first round.

Reaction Score
I would think that's a good deal. I think there's over a 75% chance Koepka wins.
My book has Brooks at -400 to win right now, so 80% chance. Taking the buyout is the +EV move.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hey Poly. I’ll let you buy out of your bet for 75.00. What do you say?

Sure what’s your Venmo? Mathematically doesn’t make sense not to take it

Reaction Score
I’m waiting for all of those Tiger haters who love to accuse him of steroids now pointing at Koepka for the same? Won’t happen but this guy is bigger, stronger and he earned that with hard work like Tiger. Add to that he’s mentally tough as nails in the majors this is fun to watch. Amazing the confidence he has to stand on #1 yesterday and fly it as right over those trees and grab fairway for a simple flip in? He’s killing it.

Reaction Score
I’m waiting for all of those Tiger haters who love to accuse him of steroids now pointing at Koepka for the same? Won’t happen but this guy is bigger, stronger and he earned that with hard work like Tiger. Add to that he’s mentally tough as nails in the majors this is fun to watch. Amazing the confidence he has to stand on #1 yesterday and fly it as right over those trees and grab fairway for a simple flip in? He’s killing it.
Maybe playing in those overseas tours makes a difference. No prima donnas there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Koepka catching some small breaks to keep the huge lead. Tee shot on 8 lands on short side of green on a steep embankment and the thick, nasty stuff. Chopping out and two putting for bogey would have been a great score.
Instead ball bounces high out of thick stuff and rolls on to a more manageable location. Chips to 3' and taps on for par.
Good bounce saves 1-2 strokes.

Champion always seems to get those good breaks.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
From what I've seen so far, the long rough is doing nothing to affect the play of the better hitters. I've seen a lot of birdie tries resulting from approach shots and chips/pitches in the long junk that the announcers would consistently say would take a miracle to get out.

Guess there are a lot of miracles being handed out today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From what I've seen so far, the long rough is doing nothing to affect the play of the better hitters. I've seen a lot of birdie tries resulting from approach shots and chips/pitches in the long junk that the announcers would consistently say would take a miracle to get out.

Guess there are a lot of miracles being handed out today.

Course has held up well overall today. Low score is -3 and only two players shot that score. There were 6-8 players who shot a -2.

Almost everyone in the top 40 shot somewhere between 67-72. That is a solid score.
Bethpage really needs to get tricked out like US Open does to the course in June. A US Open gets another month of growing in rough really thick and firming up greens. The wet spring somewhat limited what PGA could do to green speed.

Reaction Score
None of them are that big but PED's are definitely a part of golf. If I had to guess Tiger was on stuff at some point but certainly not the only one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom