OT PGA Championship | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT PGA Championship

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Koepka catching some small breaks to keep the huge lead. Tee shot on 8 lands on short side of green on a steep embankment and the thick, nasty stuff. Chopping out and two putting for bogey would have been a great score.
Instead ball bounces high out of thick stuff and rolls on to a more manageable location. Chips to 3' and taps on for par.
Good bounce saves 1-2 strokes.

Champion always seems to get those good breaks.
While he did get a couple like that, he missed several short putts that have all been center cup for him the first two days. The field is lucky he doesn't have double digit lead. Doesn't matter, I don't see anyone catching him.

Jordan really faded. He does not look comfortable with many clubs.

Who the heck is Jazz Janewattananond??? Talk about an announcer's nightmare.

Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing that no one made a move today. It’s probably not even worth it to watch tomorrow.

Yeah I agree on this. I mean DJ got it to -7 and hit some awful shots down the stretch to end 5. How much fun would it have been with those bombing it as the final twosome with DJ down even 4?

7s too much period. Real happy to see Harold Varner have a nice solid round and grab the first page in a major seems like a real genuine dude.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just read this over on ESPN. If Koepka holds on to win, he joins a small group of players with multiple PGA and multiple US Open Championships:

Nicklaus
Woods
Trevino
Hogan
Hagen
Sarazen

Nice company.

Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing that no one made a move today. It’s probably not even worth it to watch tomorrow.
Was looking like Koepka might have been making a move early on. Came back to earth with back-to-back bogies.

Reaction Score
Just read this over on ESPN. If Koepka holds on to win, he joins a small group of players with multiple PGA and multiple US Open Championships:

Nicklaus
Woods
Trevino
Hogan
Hagen
Sarazen

Nice company.

He’ll also be the only one ever with back to back USOpen and PGA. Ever. If he wins tomorrow.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty wild. He seemingly came out of nowhere and in less than 2 years he has made himself a lock for the golf hall of fame. After tomorrow he will have won twice as many majors than regular PGA events.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s pretty wild. He seemingly came out of nowhere and in less than 2 years he has made himself a lock for the golf hall of fame. After tomorrow he will have won twice as many majors than regular PGA events.

Not entirely out of nowhere. He was an NCAA All-American three times at FSU and qualified for the US Open as an amateur.

I think as fans Tiger, Rory and Spieth got us desensitized to how hard it is to reach the top. Nicklaus was a prodigy as well. Used to be you were 25-30 and had a few wins under your belt before you started to excel. And usually you needed a big time loss/failure in a major before you broke through.

Reaction Score
Not entirely out of nowhere. He was an NCAA All-American three times at FSU and qualified for the US Open as an amateur.

I think as fans Tiger, Rory and Spieth got us desensitized to how hard it is to reach the top. Nicklaus was a prodigy as well. Used to be you were 25-30 and had a few wins under your belt before you started to excel. And usually you needed a big time loss/failure in a major before you broke through.

I've loved watching the Euro Tour early morning for years now. Obviously always interested in the kids from the USA who go there to prepare as well as the other great golfers. When I saw him I didn't know much about him but looked him up and saw the achievements as a college and amateur golfer. He was a very good player over there and normally always in contention. He learned how to compete and win there and I think this was a great plan for him which very few Americans think about (his brother is there now). It seems since his success there are more over there now (Lipski, Kityama, Peterson others) thinking this could be the way.

4 of the last 8 majors including one stoke off at the Masters just over a month ago. It worked for him and he's been heading to these successes for quite a while. Just watch him yesterday when he left about 3-4 putts anywhere from 2 inches to a foot short dead snots center. Do you even see a grimace of pain like so many golfers do when they should have hit it? He's so mentally strong he may be stronger than Tiger was at this point it's amazing.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Saw the interview with Koepka on Golf Channel this morning about being dared to do a really heavy lift right after a workout the morning of a Sunday round and the interviewer asked something like, "Weren't you worried about exerting yourself that much right before your round?" To which Koepka replied to the effect of, "No, it's only golf. You're not exerting yourself. You're just walking, what, 5 or 6 miles."

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Saw the interview with Koepka on Golf Channel this morning about being dared to do a really heavy lift right after a workout the morning of a Sunday round and the interviewer asked something like, "Weren't you worried about exerting yourself that much right before your round?" To which Koepka replied to the effect of, "No, it's only golf. You're not exerting yourself. You're just walking, what, 5 or 6 miles."

Everyone should listen to Koepka on pardon my take. It’s funny how much he talks junk about golf.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Course is definitely getting its revenge today.
As easy as course has seemed no more than 10 golfers will finish tourney under par.

Reaction Score
Koepka will still win. If it was any other top player other than Johnson chasing him it would maybe be different.

Reaction Score
Koepka will still win. If it was any other top player other than Johnson chasing him it would maybe be different.

DJ gagging on 16-17 believe the same yesterday. Had his chance Koepkas facial expressions not even the same guy as the first 3 days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
DJ gagging on 16-17 believe the same yesterday. Had his chance Koepkas facial expressions not even the same guy as the first 3 days.

Tee shot on 18 has got DJ by the nuts. Three days in a row he's flared it right in to that mess of weeds and sand.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Me three hours ago enjoying a break from some boating.

Same view DJ had from the bunker on 18.

IMG_20190519_131650766~2.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You'd think Koepka grew up a NY Football Giants fan and not a Packers fan the way he's been playing prevent defense on the back nine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom