OT PGA Championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT PGA Championship

Reaction Score
Is this all he gets after his 4th major: :cool:
03E178ED-52BC-494B-A112-079B25CEB994.jpeg

Reaction Score
Saw the interview with Koepka on Golf Channel this morning about being dared to do a really heavy lift right after a workout the morning of a Sunday round and the interviewer asked something like, "Weren't you worried about exerting yourself that much right before your round?" To which Koepka replied to the effect of, "No, it's only golf. You're not exerting yourself. You're just walking, what, 5 or 6 miles."
That's what I love about him. He basically talks like he doesn't even like golf and thinks golfers are dorks. He wanted to play the other sports but realized golf was where he could make the pros. Everyone thinks he's boring. He doesn't say and do what golf wants him to say and do and he just boringly goes around kicking everyone's butt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The wind finally made Bethpage into Bethpage for a 4-5 hole stretch. That wasn't Koepka choking as much as it was a bunch of golfers facing a behemoth of a course. As it turns out, he's a cyborg. Not human inside.

Koepka played last three rounds at even par.

Six players under par and one at E. On a course that laid low for 3 1/2 days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've been sour on Spieth for past 12-15 months because he has sucked.

After watching Bethpage I'd be tempted to put some coin on him at Pebble Beach for US Open.

Not a long course, greens are minute compared to standard tour greens. Roughage around greens is usually ridiculous.

Of course taking Koepka against the field has a 50% chance of paying off lately.

Reaction Score
Koepka played last three rounds at even par.

Six players under par and one at E. On a course that laid low for 3 1/2 days.
No, he had 1 bad day. Wasn’t over par until today.

Reaction Score
I've been sour on Spieth for past 12-15 months because he has sucked.

After watching Bethpage I'd be tempted to put some coin on him at Pebble Beach for US Open.

Not a long course, greens are minute compared to standard tour greens. Roughage around greens is usually ridiculous.

Of course taking Koepka against the field has a 50% chance of paying off lately.
Have to give him props for a decent comeback after yesterday. Was surprised he finished -2, tied for 3rd. I didn’t think it was in him, but he’s still young.

Reaction Score
Koepka makes golf boring. He’s a machine playing against men. However, it won’t last forever and someone will come out of nowhere to humanize him sooner or later. I hope that guy is a fist pumping Everyman that brings the crowds. I respect Koepka, but he is sooo boring. I figured DJ would choke, but his run today was the only interesting 90 minutes of the whole tournament.

Reaction Score
Koepke used to tear up the Seminole golf course when on the team...easy course but he still hit it long and hit a lot of greens.

I watched the team once at the driving range while awaiting my up....he appears to be stronger now than he was in college...

He was an All American...but not what he is now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Koepka makes golf boring. He’s a machine playing against men. However, it won’t last forever and someone will come out of nowhere to humanize him sooner or later. I hope that guy is a fist pumping Everyman that brings the crowds. I respect Koepka, but he is sooo boring. I figured DJ would choke, but his run today was the only interesting 90 minutes of the whole tournament.

He is the placebo in a science experiment.
His best isn't better than the best of several others. He just screws up less often.

Similar to Nick Faldo in his prime.

Reaction Score
He is the placebo in a science experiment.
His best isn't better than the best of several others. He just screws up less often.

Similar to Nick Faldo in his prime.
This may be one of the dumbest statements ever made on this board. He’s won four of the last eight majors. What, because everyone else sucked? When he’s on, he hits it 30 yards past ANYBODY. Has a great wedge game, great short game and can putt w anyone. He may not have Tigers course Managment, but his A game right now is far and away better than anyone else in the game. 4/8 does not happen by accident.

Reaction Score
The wind finally made Bethpage into Bethpage for a 4-5 hole stretch. That wasn't Koepka choking as much as it was a bunch of golfers facing a behemoth of a course. As it turns out, he's a cyborg. Not human inside.
Average score was a +4 in the last round.

Reaction Score
The Opens were both soaking wet.
Yep re the USO in '02...I was there on Friday and it rained all freaking day, BUT, without wind. I played that course twice in the 80's when I lived in NYC and it was in total disrepair (like most NY muni courses then): No grass on tees, sandless traps, lots of GUR areas, dried out areas on the greens. Even with those conditions the course showed its promise to be a track worthy of pro-play if completely renovated, which, thankfully, they did! And yes, it kicked my butt!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom