OT: Pats-Jets sham. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Jets sham.

Reaction Score
Total sham . I turned it off in first half after
That double sham of the flag being pulled after a helmet hit,and then offensive pass interference on gronk that was somehow called on jets. Knew that was game right there. It's why I don't watch football and imsorry I wasted I hour on it.

I thought that PI call was worse than the RD reversal. I just hope the refs at least remember to call the Jets in the morning.

Reaction Score
Putting aside the attempt to enforce a bizarre rule in a strange situation, there no evidence to support a reversal, let alone incontrovertible proof.

The entire origin of the Patriots dynasty was the attempt to enforce a bizarre rule in a strange situation with no evidence to support a reversal.

This is just the continuation of a 15-year trend.

Reaction Score
It was a good call.

You know why everyone is freaking out? Because the CBS crew only showed the real angle ONCE! And they repeatedly showed the inconclusive angle over and over. From the angle from the back of the end zone, you could see the ball the entire time until he went down on the sideline. It was loose. Fumbled.

There's a reason they overturned the call. But the dummies at CBS only showed it once coming out of the timeout.

And it's laughable that everyone is incensed based on an inconclusive angle.

This reminds me of the World Cup 2014 penalty called on Ivory Coast against Greece. It knocked them out of the WC. Everyone was up in arms because of the replays on ESPN showed the Greek player stubbing his toe and going down. Of course, recordings from the back showed the defender taking his other leg out.

Before criticizing the NFL official, make sure you're looking at what he was. Because if you saw this on CBS or ESPN, you're not basing it on the same thing.

Reaction Score
It was a good call.

You know why everyone is freaking out? Because the CBS crew only showed the real angle ONCE! And they repeatedly showed the inconclusive angle over and over. From the angle from the back of the end zone, you could see the ball the entire time until he went down on the sideline. It was loose. Fumbled.

There's a reason they overturned the call. But the dummies at CBS only showed it once coming out of the timeout.

This reminds me of the World Cup 2014 penalty called on Ivory Coast against Greece. It knocked them out of the WC. Everyone was up in arms because of the replays on ESPN showed the Greek player stubbing his toe and going down. Of course, recordings from the back showed the defender taking his other leg out.

Before criticizing the NFL official, make sure you're looking at what he was. Because if you saw this on CBS or ESPN, you're not basing it on the same thing.

Of course.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The entire origin of the Patriots dynasty was the attempt to enforce a bizarre rule in a strange situation with no evidence to support a reversal.

This is just the continuation of a 15-year trend.

What a crybaby.

The Patriots don't even play the Raiders if it wasn't for the Tuck Rule. The Patriots lost to the Jets that season because of the Tuck Rule. The Patriots Raiders game doesn't even happen were it not for the Tuck Rule!

Reaction Score
I guess if your an insomniac it would be therapeutic. But honestly people complain about soccer fans trying to push their sport on people. I find that baseball fans are a lot more annoying. It is a brainless sport. I did make money off baseball fans however. Before I retired I used to use my seniority to take the corporate tickets to Red Sox Yankee games at Yankee Stadium and resell them for a nice profit. I would piss off my co-workers lol.

It's actually the complete opposite of a brainless sport. I'm sorry you don't understand and appreciate baseball. Every pitch there is something going on (defensive positioning moving based on pitch location/type, the hitter/ pitcher battle is a game within the game that carries over for the entire game and series, strategic decisions, every player has a responsibility on every pitch/ play, etc). It's the ultimate chess match and hitting a baseball is the most difficult thing to do in any sport.

Every says baseball takes too long but they last 3 hours just like football and there a ton of dead time/ standing around in football.

To each their own but please don't ever describe baseball as brainless

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
As an aside to this, the touchback rule needs to go. If you fumble in the end zone, the other team shouldn't be rewarded (they didn't recover). It should be placed at the half hard mark and you go from there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That was simply the most deranged piece of officiating I’ve ever seen in professional sports.
What a bunch of crap that statement is
Not a Jets or a Patriots fan BUT if you watch the one angle that the network decided to not show the ball wasn't even in his hands when he crossed the goal line.
Can't be deranged if they go by the rules
Only a deranged mind might think that way

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It was a good call.

Never change.

Reaction Score
How fitting, upstater is the only person in the country who thought it was a good call. Somehow I'm not at all surprised.

Reaction Score
It was a terrible call. Made no sense whatsoever. But wasn't the reason the Jets lost the game, as single calls seldom are.

I agree no doubt but throw yourself in their shoes, 24-21 plenty of time or 24-14 lost the ball which do you have a better chance? There’s “single plays” holds, interference etc but this was a TD taken away they certainly have a right to whine if that’s what it is they’re doing.

Reaction Score
How fitting, upstater is the only person in the country who thought it was a good call. Somehow I'm not at all surprised.

And really could be the only person in all reality.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Terrible call. The ball was loose for just a split second as the receiver moved the ball from one hand/arm to the other, but had the ball secured in the other hand/arm as he crossed into the end zone/hitting the pilon. The ball was only loose in his possession for a split second and he secured it before he went out of bounds. Worst call I can remember in a long time. I'm not a Jet or Patriot fan - just how I saw it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom