OT: Pats-Jets sham. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Jets sham.

Reaction Score
No one knows if he crossed the goal line at all no way to tell. TD on the field the replay wouldn't show anything to change it, it's really that simple unless you're Scott Zolak.

I guess it is possible he lost possession twice and had possession for the split second he was over the goal line. The tape shows him not having possession right before the goal line and then the ball goes out of view. The next time you see the ball he is on his back out of bounds putting his hand back on the ball. I guess the only thing we know for sure is that he didn't have possession right before and right after he crossed the goal line. I guess we will never know what happened the split second he crossed the line.

Reaction Score
When people start bringing up all sorts of other stuff you know they know it was one of the worst calls ever and they were given a gift. One of the reasons I'm watching less and less NFL these days, catches are no longer catches, non-fumbles are fumbles etc. When the game no longer makes any sense it's really not worth watching.

Reaction Score
I can see by reading these posts that some are having a very bad day. We feel your pain. Have a good day.

Reaction Score
Don't you Giant fans have enough on your plate ?

Season's over 'yell rooting against you guys is all I have ;)

Giants lose by 60 tonight, immediately fire HC and GM and move closer to the #1 pick, that's what I got!

But can't wait for Husky basketball. If I thought the Yanks would start hitting again I'd have that because they are shutting down the Astro's, but I've never seen a lineup with all of the studs unable to keep their hands back and looking like LL'ers at the plate seeing a deuce for the first time ever:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When people start bringing up all sorts of other stuff you know they know it was one of the worst calls ever and they were given a gift. One of the reasons I'm watching less and less NFL these days, catches are no longer catches, non-fumbles are fumbles etc. When the game no longer makes any sense it's really not worth watching.
Yeah but a bad day of football is still 1000 times more entertaining than baseball on its best day.

Reaction Score
I guess it is possible he lost possession twice and had possession for the split second he was over the goal line. The tape shows him not having possession right before the goal line and then the ball goes out of view. The next time you see the ball he is on his back out of bounds putting his hand back on the ball. I guess the only thing we know for sure is that he didn't have possession right before and right after he crossed the goal line. I guess we will never know what happened the split second he crossed the line.

I don't really know what your watching to spin it that way....but even if that description is accurate...you just admitted the refs messed up since we need indisputable evidence to change the call

Reaction Score
Yeah but a bad day of football is still 1000 times more entertaining than baseball on its best day.

True story I can watch baseball when the Yanks aren't on, not a lot but Sunday night and the Sox on NESN maybe, but I really don't care about the NFL when the Giants aren't playing or when they suck. College football yes, NFL nah. Maybe a Pats-Chiefs, Eagles-Skins or alike for a little, but I'm watching golf now. Rather watch the Dodgers-Cubs too.

Reaction Score
Maybe Jets fans should be more concerned about being up 14-0 w the ball in the 2nd quarter and finding yet another way to lose to the Pats than whining about the refs. At the end of the day, you're still the Jets.

Reaction Score
Season's over 'yell rooting against you guys is all I have ;)

Giants lose by 60 tonight, immediately fire HC and GM and move closer to the #1 pick, that's what I got!

But can't wait for Husky basketball. If I thought the Yanks would start hitting again I'd have that because they are shutting down the Astro's, but I've never seen a lineup with all of the studs unable to keep their hands back and looking like LL'ers at the plate seeing a deuce for the first time ever:rolleyes:
I know we got a gift Mau and we are keeping it , consider it a Xmas present. Just sports and the way it goes sometimes. I haven't even seen it yet as I'm the road but the radio is all over this and and I know you and the others are right.
Hate Denver will be rooting hard for the Giants , this will tough.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You realize buster skrine committed pass interference on every single route? Including his long interception.
If it was called right all game, and you got those 2 plays back (1 borderline, the other wasn't a penalty), it would have been 49-15 Pats. Even w that D.

Counted at least 5 clear PIs.

The Pats I'm sure would find a way to win that game, and there's no question of their football superiority, but come on: Be objective a little.

These PI calls specifically but reffing in general is pretty inconsistent to be as nice as humanly possible, so pointing out and comparing individual plays often don't do it justice.

I'm also sure there were plenty of iffy calls that didn't go the Pats way, which is sorta my point. Reffing is so inconsistent, but they get quite a few monster, game changing calls and today there's not much debate they got helped out.

Again, do they win? Are they a far superior organization? So on and so on, but today, the Jets got hosed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I gotta tell you, I have no dog in this fight. I couldn't care less who wins between those teams.

That was an outright robbery. Perhaps the most outrageous call I've ever seen. The guy scored a TD. A fumble into the end zone??? Putting aside the attempt to enforce a bizarre rule in a strange situation, there no evidence to support a reversal, let alone incontrovertible proof.

The concussion stuff, Deflategate (a debacle no matter what side you're on), the failure to penalize Ray Rice and then the despicable rush to punish an innocent guy in Elliott (complete with burying exculpatory evidence), and the incompetence of people given the best technology and very clear rules on when and when not to overturn calls -- not a good few years for the league.

There's no defending this call. Pats fans are UNC grads today -- just enjoy the incompetence that handed you a gift.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

The "through the ground" rule is so moronic.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't care about the NFL and I don't watch it. But, this thread made me curious so I pulled up the highlight.

That was a TD.

Period.

Reaction Score
I'm a pats fan. Horrible call. Went to the bathroom figuring it was a TD and came back to wtf just happened?
My brother is a Pats fan and said the same thing. I told him that's one of the worst calls I've ever seen, he said what are you talking about? He saw the touchdown but got a phone call. He thought I was making the whole thing up.

Reaction Score
Maybe Jets fans should be more concerned about being up 14-0 w the ball in the 2nd quarter and finding yet another way to lose to the Pats than whining about the refs. At the end of the day, you're still the Jets.

They aren't whining they are simply letting people know they would've loved the correct call on the field so the score would've been 24-21, that's pretty simple right? They are right after all maybe 2 people have disagreed and most Patriot fans agree. No one wants to take the gift away as it happens in these days to every team, both good and bad.

Reaction Score
You have just encountered the few Jets fans.
I’m not a Jets fan ( Bears) but that was a terrible call. Instant play is a good innovation, but only if those making the final call are impartial and can see. Almost as bad as the NCAA,s fumble on the North Carolina call.

Reaction Score
Not even close. Baseball is the purist, greatest game on earth. The playoffs have been a great showing of pitching, defense, and timely hitting.
I guess if your an insomniac it would be therapeutic. But honestly people complain about soccer fans trying to push their sport on people. I find that baseball fans are a lot more annoying. It is a brainless sport. I did make money off baseball fans however. Before I retired I used to use my seniority to take the corporate tickets to Red Sox Yankee games at Yankee Stadium and resell them for a nice profit. I would piss off my co-workers lol.

Reaction Score

A good way to avoid rules "controversies" like this is to not fumble the ball when you're trying to score. It's easier to whine about it though.

Reaction Score
They aren't whining they are simply letting people know they would've loved the correct call on the field so the score would've been 24-21, that's pretty simple right? They are right after all maybe 2 people have disagreed and most Patriot fans agree. No one wants to take the gift away as it happens in these days to every team, both good and bad.
It was a terrible call. Made no sense whatsoever. But wasn't the reason the Jets lost the game, as single calls seldom are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom