OT: Pats fans do it again..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats fans do it again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Good grief. Another Pats Giants devolving thread on a UConn message board. This should be taken to it's appropriate forum - the cesspool.

My advice is you shut up and eat the turkey and ketchup sandwich commie.:)

Its off season now.
Time for the fur to fly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know. If he can show the league acted in bad faith and/or fraudulently (and there certainly seems to be a basis for both) then I think that there's an opportunity to set aside his original agreement.

Sure, but as someone said earlier in the thread, owners agree to not sue the league. And if they do, they become a pariah a la Al Davis. As one of the more influential owners, Kraft has too good of a standing in the league to risk jeopardizing that with a law suit, win or not.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am a Giants fan and have been for over 40 years
But I am sure that if this BS happened to the NYG organization there would be an uproar
Guess I am in the minority of the Giants nation but I am not a Pats hater and I have to say that Goodell and the NFL are approaching NCAA and Emmert status

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I am a Giants fan and have been for over 40 years
But I am sure that if this BS happened to the NYG organization there would be an uproar
s

maybe, but you wouldn't actually sue the NFL, amirite?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have to say that Goodell and the NFL are approaching NCAA and Emmert status
They are neck and neck for most incompetently led sports organization. On the other hand, the gobs of money that both are making covers up a lot of warts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's fairly obvious the League acted in bad faith, but Kraft has no grounds to sue. First, he has no support among the other owners and the owners are not part of an organized Union with collective bargaining against the League. They ARE the League. Second, the owners implemented rules in their franchise agreements where they can no longer bring legal action against each other or the League (Call it the Al Davis rule).
Sure, but as someone said earlier in the thread, owners agree to not sue the league. And if they do, they become a pariah a la Al Davis. As one of the more influential owners, Kraft has too good of a standing in the league to risk jeopardizing that with a law suit, win or not.
I agree with both of you, yet agreements induced by fraud aren't binding. For all his love for the league, it sure looks like that isn't reciprocal. I do think he realizes that accepting punishment was a mistake, in fact, I believe he's said as much.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
But you can't hold a whole boneyard responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole boneyard system? And if the whole boneyard system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our blogging institutions in general? I put it to you, Fishy - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
In the spirit of the evergreen "Shut-Up, Dove"....

Shut up and eat the Mojo sandwich, commie!

Reaction Score
Hey wait, let's not be too hasty in judging the Pats fans. If they should win, we can go after the NCAA and Emmert for what they did to UConn. Seems we would have a much stronger case.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No joke, though. When Deflategate hit, the talk was of course Belichick knew about it. Stuff like, "No detail is too small for Belichick to use to get an edge" All that went away and the NFL made it a point to mention that the coach was not involved.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No joke, though. When Deflategate hit, the talk was of course Belichick knew about it. Stuff like, "No detail is too small for Belichick to use to get an edge" All that went away and the NFL made it a point to mention that the coach was not involved.

Yeah, but that's just paranoia. BB is in the heads of every other organization. They do all that bug checking etc, and they've never found anything. It's good for the Pats because it takes focus from preparation.

If you think the guys in the NFL, many of whom have serious, long standing beef with BB, would let him off the hook for anything, you're mad.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there would be Giant fans that would sue. Maybe not you. But I guarantee someone would. I am a Patriots and Eagles fan and I think the lawsuit is stupid. But unfortunately it is not even close to the dumbest lawsuit I have ever heard about. It is our society today every one want's to sue. Then these same people complain about their insurance rates.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

So your going to smear all of Pats nation with the moronic actions of a few lunkheads? (Cue Otter) The suit is stupid, but this isn't the work of a Gillette Stadium capacity crowd.

But I also disagree with the NFL taking away a first round draft pick from the Pats when the NFL has proved absolutely nothing about illicit ball deflation. (see the work at Carnegie Mellon, MIT, and pretty much any fifth grader in New England) And if it goes back to 'SpyGate'/taping, which was eight years ago, well, that's just pathetic.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone who grasps facts and science can think the Pats deserved to lose that draft pick. LOL Jets/Giants homers.

I guess the only respectful answer to this would be who in their right minds doesn't believe the Pats should've lost that draft pick? LOL Pats homers;)

Reaction Score
I guess the only respectful answer to this would be who in their right minds doesn't believe the Pats should've lost that draft pick? LOL Pats homers;)
Well, I'm a Bears fan. Couldn't be less surprising that you come down on the opposite side of facts and science though.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm a Bears fan. Couldn't be less surprising that you come down on the opposite side of facts and science though.

Not facts or science at all, it's what Kraft and #12 thought was ok right? Now they want it back? At one point they must have thought the NFL had something on them or else they wouldn't have said yes or is this not a fact?

Oh yeah and I'm a Giants fan and I don't like the Pats, why, because we beat them when we have to? Funny people actually think that only the Giants and Jets fans dislike Kraft and his organization there's plenty more. Funnier they think the Giants fans do for that reason? Jets I get but what do the Giants and Pats have to do with each other except a couple games every 10 years and a couple super bowls. I dislike the Eagels and Cowboys a helluva lot more we just don't talk about them all the time.

Oh yeah and I hope they get the draft pick back because who really cares?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

There are people out there who still believe Richard Jewell and the Duke lacrosse team are guilty. Once they've made up their minds, the real story doesn't matter. It's the same thing here.

Reaction Score
Not facts or science at all, it's what Kraft and #12 thought was ok right? Now they want it back? At one point they must have thought the NFL had something on them or else they wouldn't have said yes or is this not a fact?

Oh yeah and I'm a Giants fan and I don't like the Pats, why, because we beat them when we have to? Funny people actually think that only the Giants and Jets fans dislike Kraft and his organization there's plenty more. Funnier they think the Giants fans do for that reason? Jets I get but what do the Giants and Pats have to do with each other except a couple games every 10 years and a couple super bowls. I dislike the Eagels and Cowboys a helluva lot more we just don't talk about them all the time.

Oh yeah and I hope they get the draft pick back because who really cares?
I have no idea about the politics involved in agreeing to give up the draft pick, as I don't know any of the individuals involved in the situation. I can certainly think of scenarios where they gave up the pick without thinking it was "ok". I do know that everything that happened with the footballs can easily be explained by science.

I assume people hate the Patriots mainly because they win the most by far, have a quarterback that's famous beyond just football, and a coach that irritates people with his demeanor. Even your team is far less successful than the Patriots, despite 2 Super Bowl wins. If the Patriots were a losing team most fans wouldn't care about this at all, just like you don't talk about the Eagles and Cowboys much.

Reaction Score
I assume people hate the Patriots mainly because they win the most by far, have a quarterback that's famous beyond just football, and a coach that irritates people with his demeanor. Even your team is far less successful than the Patriots, despite 2 Super Bowl wins. If the Patriots were a losing team most fans wouldn't care about this at all, just like you don't talk about the Eagles and Cowboys much.

Super Bowl wins: Patriots 4, Giants 4.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Super Bowl wins: Patriots 4, Giants 4.
I *think* he was only referring to the Giants' two wins over the Pats in the Super Bowl, where the Pats have never beaten the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom