OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn anything. Season ticket holder in men's hoops and football. Also saw men's hockey and the field hockey team live this year. Yankees in MLB and San Diego Super Chargers in NFL. I watch the NHL and NBA playoffs but don't care too much who wins.

Reaction Score
Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots and every NBA team. :oops:

Oh crap too much Sam Adams I guess don't know what else it could have been. Reality is:

UConn, Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Celtics and Maloney HS

You talking to yourself? Partied hard last night, huh? LOL

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Mets

Jets

Newcastle United

All three find new ways to break my heart.

I also love fastpitch softball and you will often find me and my daughter at Brakettes games on a Saturday night

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Silly Nannies
Red Sox
Bruins
Celtics
Dolphins
Canadian Womens curling team

Reaction Score
UConn MBB; anti-dook, anti-UK (goes without saying)
Red Sox; anti-Yankees
NY Giants; anti-Patriots, anti-Cowboys, anti-Eagles
UConn WBB; anti-ND, anti-Tenn.
Knicks, but indifferent this century; anti-LeBron, anti-Celtics, pro-UConn alums
UConn FB, but mostly as it relates to CR

Don't care at all about: hockey, soccer (save USMNT, USWNT in WC or Olympic play)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For baseball my loyalty is toward the Mets and Blue Jays.
When it comes to football the Jets are my team and the NBA teams I watch most are the Celtics and Thunder. I couldn't be paid to watch hockey, so needless to say I was a misfit growing up in Canada.

Reaction Score
Im a New York sports fan all the way, Yankees and Giants. I dont have a favorite NBA team though because I always pull for the UConn alums. Ive been lucky enough to see all of my teams win multiple championships in my lifetime and im not even 30 so I cant imagine what its like to be a Jet or Met fan. With all of that said, I would take a UConn National Championship over a Yankee World Series or Giants Super Bowl win. UConn basketball has always been my #1

Reaction Score
1st UConn bball 2nd Vikings 3rd Chelsea 4th Clippers I previously liked the yankees but baseball has been unwatchable to me since they cracked down on roids

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Does anyone else keep clicking on this thread and once it's open thinking, "why am I clicking this thread? I don't care what other teams anyone likes."

Well, except for the guy who said the Cardinals in baseball. That made sense to me.

Reaction Score
Football- Eagles (grew up in Eastern Pa), Patriots ( when I moved here I wasn't going to root for the Giants)
Basketball-Even growing up in PA I was always a Celtics Fan.
Hockey-Flyers(my hometown team) and Whalers (had season tickets)
Baseball ? (not a fan, like soccer I could name about three players that currently play) The sport(?)sucks.

Reaction Score
My logic:
Winter is for UConn basketball ONLY. This is my favorite team and it's not even close.
Spring and Summer are for the Yankees.
Fall and early Winter is for my Philadelphia EAGLES.

I like to have one team to support all seasons. I don't really watch NBA or NHL so I don't have favorite teams for those. BUT, UConn is my favorite team. I'm a die hard.

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies
San Francisco 49ers

That's my sports world, and the origin of my user name.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Im a New York sports fan all the way, Yankees and Giants. I dont have a favorite NBA team though because I always pull for the UConn alums. Ive been lucky enough to see all of my teams win multiple championships in my lifetime and im not even 30 so I cant imagine what its like to be a Jet or Met fan. With all of that said, I would take a UConn National Championship over a Yankee World Series or Giants Super Bowl win. UConn basketball has always been my #1

Right there with you with Yankees/Giants and UConn Basketball/Football.

Don't really give a crap about the NBA anymore after 15 years of Knicks apathy and only watch the Devils if they are in the playoffs.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
NCAA: UConn, UConn, UConn. Though I pay attention to other CT division 1 schools as well particularly CCSU.

MLB: Yankees. Derek Jeter was my favorite player growing up. I do have somewhat of a soft spot for the Rays. I'm intrigued by the way they build their teams.

NFL: Patriots.

NBA: Knicks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn, the Minnesota Vikings, and the New York Yankees - probably in that order.

I would say that I'm at live-and-die-with status with UConn hoop, football, hockey and soccer.

I've been a Vikings' fan nearly all my life - my father was a Viking fan and he bought me a Viking sweatshirt when I was three which effectively doomed me for life. Later, he was a Steelers fan and then a Giants fan - my two younger brothers are fans of those two teams as a result, so I've endured the entire family celebrate Super Bowl after Super Bowl. (My mother is a Packer fan. My sister-in-law is a Patriots fan.)

Also a fan of the Knicks and Marist basketball, but have been beaten into ambivalence by breathtaking organization incompetence. I'm a bandwagony-type of NY Rangers fan as well.

Past that, I follow horse racing, boxing, cycling, golf, marathon running and whatever the big event is at the time - World Cup, Olympics, even the cricket championships. I've been trying to get into soccer and like watching the EPL on Sunday mornings - I don't really get the nuance of soccer yet and I haven't been able to develop a rooting interest in a particular team yet. That's been a sticking point.

Reaction Score
I'd say baseball is my wife, College hoops is the ex i'm still friends with and could have married and boxing is the slutty babysitter.

Red Sox have been the centerpiece to my life since forever. Baseball is always #1, it's what I do for a living, what gets me out of bed, yadda yadda. It's what our family talks about during the holidays, the game we're known for playing.. you know the drill...

UConn hoops were my life as a kid (apart from the Whalers).. I loved playing basketball and it was arguably my best sport. In the late 80's/early 90's I followed literally everything the program did. Went to the camps in the mid-90's had all the Major players as coaches, charmed my way into JC remembering me year in and year out, etc. What's weird is - for some reason I just kind of fell out of college hoops for like 4-5 years. NO clue why, really. I moved to Mass (if you count the Springfield area as such) and you'd be surprised at the difference 5 minutes over a state border makes. I always checked in, followed from a distance, but never really got the bug like I had it. Then the 2014 team happened, I had two daughters and here I am chasing childhood feels again. I missed it a ton and am glad to be back in the loop.

I don't tell people - but I love boxing. Yeah, it's a twisted scrap of compared to what it used to be - but there still isn't a better moment in any sport than the five seconds between the ring clearing and the opening bell of a blockbuster fight. I watch UFC casually and I'm sure my pro wrestling habit is some sort of psychological self-loathing. I call it a 'habit' becuase i'm not sure I even enjoy it anymore yet still, compulsively every Monday night.

I used to be a big football fan - grew up as a Bo Jackson/Raiders fan; but once I got to college, the Patriots really won me over. The Snow Bowl was probably the official break up. I wouldn't say I follow the Pats obsessively, but i'm somewhere between casual fan and devotee. I watch every Sunday, get super into things come playoff time and go to a game a year. But if I miss a game here and there - that's OK.

Hockey lost me somwhere. Whalers moving killed the sport for me as a fan. Can't get into the Hurricanes. I spent WAY WAY TOO MUCH TIME as a kid HATING the Bruins, Rangers and Canadians to lend my allegiances to another team in the interim. I was a sports journalism major in college and rabidly covered hockey to the point where I had my first internship editor relentlessly trying to get me on-camera gigs with ESPN. No idea why I just stopped watching - but seriously, 2002 came and went and by 2003 I was gone. Just dropped it and no freaking clue on god's green earth why. With pro investment gone, my routing interest gone - it's hard to plug back in.

I've legitimately tried to get into the NBA. Loved it in the 90's, but the style evolved and then totally and completely lost me. I've spent hours of time trying to will myself back into the league, but it's just not there. Ditto for college football. Even with UConn doing their thing, I can't get into it. I'm a total bandwagon soccer fan. Every world cup comes up - i'm glued. I used to be big into Chelsea before they got really good, but I'm smoked enough as is with sports - Chelsea's hard to cram in.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Reaction Score
UConn is definitely #1, but I'm also a Giants/Yankees fan, as well as Barcelona. In any sort of international competition, I root for the Americans, because of course I do, but the only ones I'd say I "follow" are a handful of Olympic athletes and the USMNT.

Reaction Score
UCONN anything, Knicks (ugh!), any NBA team w UCONN alum, Pats, Yanks, Liverpool...only really pay attention to UCONN basketball men and women.

Reaction Score
UConn is definitely #1, but I'm also a Giants/Yankees fan, as well as Barcelona. In any sort of international competition, I root for the Americans, because of course I do, but the only ones I'd say I "follow" are a handful of Olympic athletes and the USMNT.

Bruce maybe you can assist me as none of me TV's were working this weekend. How did the Yanks/Sox series go? :oops:

Reaction Score
UConn Basketball and Football #1

NBA: Wizards (wasn't a huge NBA fan until I moved to DC)
MLB: Yankees
NFL: Dolphins (family in Florida)
NHL: Capitals

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
UConn Football and basketball pretty much tie for #1.
Red Sox
UConn hockey, baseball, and soccer have started to take over more of my life.
Winnipeg Jets <- married a girl from Winnipeg... plus I identify with the whole losing an NHL franchise thing.
Whatever team is fighting to keep from being relegated in the EPL... seriously this is the greatest idea in the history of sports...
Patriots
I was a huge Knicks fan during the Ewing era... but the last 15 years have pretty much destroyed any interest I had in the team. Just brutal.
Whatever mistfit sport is on BeIN sport... team handball, rugby, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom