OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Other favorite sports and teams you follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CFB: None really. Not really a Football School. I guess anyone who faces Bama

NBA: Mavs, really started watching NBA basketball in 2006 when the Mavs were like the best team and Dirk is my favorite player

Nfl: Chargers, again started watching NFL in 2006 when LT was like the best and he became my favorite player.

MLB: Twins, visit Mn a lot during the summer and have always gone to twins games when I go just happened.

NHL: Rangers, local team which is odd because I dont usually root for the local teams

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You'd expect on a UConn fan site most people would have UConn 1 or 2, but it's interesting that almost nobody follows an NBA team closely or just roots for UConn alum.

Same with college hoops in general. It's UConn or nothing.

I fall into that myself, but weird to love a sport so much (hoops) but not care about the pro league or the college division aside from your squad.

Reaction Score
You'd expect on a UConn fan site most people would have UConn 1 or 2, but it's interesting that almost nobody follows an NBA team closely or just roots for UConn alum.

Same with college hoops in general. It's UConn or nothing.

I fall into that myself, but weird to love a sport so much (hoops) but not care about the pro league or the college division aside from your squad.

Wait until the Celtics/Knicks make a deep playoff run that'll change.

Reaction Score
Sox (My true love)
Pats
UConn
Knicks (comic relief)
Whale (went as a young pup)

Reaction Score
Oh crap too much Sam Adams I guess don't know what else it could have been. Reality is:

UConn, Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Celtics and Maloney HS
UConn, Yankees Packers, Celtics, St.Paul Hs

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wait until the Celtics/Knicks make a deep playoff run that'll change.

Celtics were pretty good though recently and made the playoffs this year.

Knicks though, is a whole different story. I used to be a big fan, but sheer organizational idiocy killed my interest years ago.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I love that so many replies list UCONN first. Other teams be damned!

In all seriousness, the three pro teams I follow the most intensely are the Red Sox, Nets, and Patriots. The Sox are an interesting story - it was actually the 2003 ALCS that made me fall in love with the team. In my twisted 2nd-grade mind, there was something beautiful about a community of fans sharing that much heartbreak, and I wanted to be a part of that camaraderie. Then I got lucky...Nets happened shortly thereafter I was a huge Jason Kidd fan growing up, and when Vince Carter came along there was actually some solid ball being played in the Meadowlands.

I also cheer for the Canadiens and Liverpool FC, but I don't follow either sport with as much attention.

Reaction Score
Some good diversity in here! Although I feel as though someone is holding back...

Where's my extreme Ironer at??

Extreme-Ironing.jpg

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
#1 UConn Men Basketball
#2 Yankees (distant 2nd)
#3 NY Giants (including the 25 year rebuilding program)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom