OT: NY Times Piece on Deflategate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NY Times Piece on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fk the report. The texts and just the look on Brady's face when asked about it is all you need. He tried to get away with something, he knew it and knew they were gathering intel against him, he looked guilty as charged.

Move on but for any fan of anyone to believe something didn't happen, screw science too, it DID. Who cares, next!

Reaction Score
Fk the report. The texts and just the look on Brady's face when asked about it is all you need. He tried to get away with something, he knew it and knew they were gathering intel against him, he looked guilty as charged.

Move on but for any fan of anyone to believe something didn't happen, screw science too, it DID. Who cares, next!

Fishy, your very name says GUILT!

As for Brady, he sat through 8 hours of questioning. McNally? 4 separate interviews. 1 day 8 hours on his own dime. A minimum wage worker. Somehow this minimum wage worker withstood 10+ hours of questioning while not being tripped up by ex-FBI lawyers. Amazing. I think our country is in real trouble.

Reaction Score
Fishy, your very name says GUILT!

As for Brady, he sat through 8 hours of questioning. McNally? 4 separate interviews. 1 day 8 hours on his own dime. A minimum wage worker. Somehow this minimum wage worker withstood 10+ hours of questioning while not being tripped up by ex-FBI lawyers. Amazing. I think our country is in real trouble.

Yeah he wasn't guilty I got it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: you guys are funny as hell.

Reaction Score
And I just read it. No where does it say that you can lose your franchise if you sue the NFL. The only thing it says about losing a franchise as an owner is if you do something so bad that the Commissioner doesn't have the power to punish you for it. Then he sends it to the Executive Committee to decide with his recommendation.

What the league deems bad enough is up to them and not you. A potential multiyear lawsuit that has a massive negative impact on the league in bunch of ways could definitely be grounds for losing membership. The league is like a country club. Its a private organization that can do whatever it wants. you don't have to murder someone to get kicked out.

Reaction Score
Yeah he wasn't guilty I got it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: you guys are funny as hell.

LOL, how the hell did Fishy get in there??!

Mau, it must be hell living in Massachusetts and watching those Mass holes celebrate 4 of them.

Reaction Score
What the league deems bad enough is up to them and not you. A potential multiyear lawsuit that has a massive negative impact on the league in bunch of ways could definitely be grounds for losing membership. The league is like a country club. Its a private organization that can do whatever it wants. you don't have to murder someone to get kicked out.
Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself with this. Find some evidence or stop presenting this as fact. They can't just strip these multi-billion dollar franchises from someone on a whim because their feelings are hurt.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be an investigation into Andrew Luck now for "the Colts balls were too high".
The Colts tip off the league about the Patriots under-inflating, then go into the game knowing the balls will be tested. It was a setup, and it worked.

Reaction Score
LOL, how the hell did Fishy get in there??!

Mau, it must be hell living in Massachusetts and watching those Mass holes celebrate 4 of them.

It's not at all - not sure if you remember the 2 I was lucky enough to watch in Mass too? I've had plenty of fun unless football just started in the 2000's? Living hell is being in the room with me watching Eli win head to head with the cheater;)

LOL all in fun up

Reaction Score
Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself with this. Find some evidence or stop presenting this as fact. They can't just strip these multi-billion dollar franchises from someone on a whim because their feelings are hurt.

the NBA did it to Donald sterling

Reaction Score
If this NY Times piece is accurate the league should obviously retract Brady's four game suspension, right?

Reaction Score
Why can't I find a single shred of info on this anywhere on the internet? Do you really think that a rule that says you can't sue (or your team gets taken away) for any reason would even be enforceable?

Davis was owner and GM in 2011, so ancient.

static.nfl.com/static/content//public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

Page 31, read there about relinquishing rights to sue.

If this NY Times piece is accurate the league should obviously retract Brady's four game suspension, right?

No, they just don't retract when wrong. They didn't retract on Bountygate, Ray Rice, Adrian Petersen. instead, all the NFLs decisions were reversed later. Goodell is 0 for 3 recently, and he's just going to continue his losing streak with this one.

The guy is a flat out liar too with the whole Rice videotape.

Reaction Score
It gets funnier and funnier. Now every Pats fan is raiding Goodell's closet for the bones. Just a while ago he was partying with their favorite owner and a great guy, now he's a total ? yep, it must be Goodell it can't be Patriots Nation.

Too fn funny!

Reaction Score
Uhhh, slightly different circumstances there and they had to get a 3/4 majority vote from the offers to pass that. Silver didn't just snap his fingers and make it happen. Just stop, you're wrong.

Reaction Score
what is 'too high' or 'too low'? Don't see any hard psi specs.

PV/T = const

Reaction Score
Uhhh, slightly different circumstances there and they had to get a 3/4 majority vote from the offers to pass that. Silver didn't just snap his fingers and make it happen. Just stop, you're wrong.

correct. the rules are very similar in both leagues. In both instances the commissioner defers power to a committee of voters who decide if someone is removed from the league. That is what the paragraph I told you to read says. Silver didn't snap his fingers and neither can goodell. Hence, the same threat exists for kraft to lose his franchise as did for sterling.

All i'm doing is looking at the rules of both leagues and then using a case from 1 year ago. I'm not trying to shove an opinion down your throat. You can certainly disagree. However, there is precedent for an owner losing a franchise for doing something that is in NO way against the law or even close to it. It goes back to my country club example. If you break a rule or do something that others don't like, then they can vote you out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cop out answer...!!

1st round picks don't mean much to the Pats - look at the history.

With that said, you don't need best players when you film illegally, listen in on opposing teams radio wave during playing calling, have visine added to visiting teams pre game meals and lastly the allure of the NE Patriots 'live like a AH for a day', where visiting teams player are treated to an evening at the club, doing PCP, bringing some strange back to an off the beaten path apartment building, smoke some weed to come down from the PCP - and before you know it it is game day.

:rolleyes:
You are a deeply troubled man Boney and you may want to have your sarcasm meter fixed.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If anyone actually believes this:

Kraft said that he was putting the league before his franchise because "at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the 32."

Then you will believe anything. So, Kraft believes he could win this, but dropped his appeal out of the kindness of his heart :rolleyes:
You single handedly make every one of these threads unreadable.

Reaction Score
Rational fans know this is a bullsh¡t punishment from a hack commissioner.

I don't know how you can look at independent reports which blow up the Wells report, and pretend it didn't happen. The league has a history of making nothing into something. This is another of those, for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
correct. the rules are very similar in both leagues. In both instances the commissioner defers power to a committee of voters who decide if someone is removed from the league. That is what the paragraph I told you to read says. Silver didn't snap his fingers and neither can goodell. Hence, the same threat exists for kraft to lose his franchise as did for sterling.

All i'm doing is looking at the rules of both leagues and then using a case from 1 year ago. I'm not trying to shove an opinion down your throat. You can certainly disagree. However, there is precedent for an owner losing a franchise for doing something that is in NO way against the law or even close to it. It goes back to my country club example. If you break a rule or do something that others don't like, then they can vote you out.
You used this as a reason that they didn't challenge the punishment and then compared it to something that was a potentially huge advertising issue for the NBA as well as an issue with a primarily black league. The situations are in no way comparable and the ability to vote owners out has absolutely nothing to do with why they chose not to fight the punishment. Grasping at straws is an understatement here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not exactly - it technically never got that far so we don't know if the league would have upheld the sale which was being forced by the commissioner. Shelly got him declared incompetent and sold franchise as the sole proprietor. NBA banned him for life but never actually accomplished stripping him of ownership and it's pretty much speculation if they would have succeeded or not.

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan so I obviously have nothing to hate on the Pats for*. I don't really think this one isolated incident is significant. However, when you step back and look at the last decade or so, there is a clear kind of skeevy Pats culture of bending rules to get any tiny advantage, sometimes to the point of breaking said rules. I don't think anyone besides Pats fans really likes that.

* It's interesting though, that despite getting their four asterisks over the last decade, Boston Pats fans STILL make noises of disgust when I say I'm a Giants fan. They just can not get over it. It's hilarious that some of the most hateful, spiteful, fans simultaneously and pretentiously claim that the whole sports world hates on them because all "they" do is win. Success breeds jealousy, etc. Maybe they should consider the phrase "The world is your mirror."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01