OT: Notre Dame to ACC...then UCONN? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame to ACC...then UCONN?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently they're talking about it right now, if you can believe the tweets.

I don't.

Notre Dame and then ACC just released their football schedule for the next 20 years this week.

If they're announcing which ACC schools they are going to play in 2037, they're not currently thinking about joining the conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even if it were to get to the point where ND joins in football and the ACC wants a 16th member, why would BC not block us again this time around?

Flipper isn't there. Fr. Leahy is gone too I believe. My hunch is that BC realizes the lack of interest their fans have without a local rival and would support UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The ACC's only hope of ND joining as a full football member would be if NBC decides not to renew their contract (which runs through 2025). Nothing's happening for quite some time.

Reaction Score
I listened to the Tim Brando interview from the Louisville station where he mentioned there have been talks. He didnt say anything was imminent, just there had been talks in the past. It seemed like he was speaking on behalf of how Brian Kelly and the coaching staff feels about how being an independent with the unbalanced schedule hurts their chances of getting into the playoff.

Reaction Score
I listened to the Tim Brando interview from the Louisville station where he mentioned there have been talks. He didnt say anything was imminent, just there had been talks in the past. It seemed like he was speaking on behalf of how Brian Kelly and the coaching staff feels about how being an independent with the unbalanced schedule hurts their chances of getting into the playoff.

Discussion about 17:30 +/- mark: LSL Podcast: Fox Sports’ Tim Brando

Reaction Score

While part of the discussion, that's underselling it a bit. He refers to the sources behind these discussions as "a number of people, I can't name them, at Notre Dame." I've heard Brando mention over the last year that Brian Kelly has complained to him about scheduling issues; given that he's saying this piece now about discussions between ACC/ND, it leads me to believe he's talking administrators of the university and not just those in Brian Kelly's circle.

Reaction Score
It may actually be the only way for ESPN to salvage this commitment to a linear ACC Network. Overpay for ND to join full time and bring in UConn for the NYC dma. If what I read is true, they promised too much to just go digital and once again find themselves in no mans land.

Reaction Score

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Maybe if ESPN/ACC allow NBC to keep NDs tv rights, otherwise I don't think any chance this happens.

Reaction Score
I will not believe this is happening until the ball actually tips in our first ACC game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Here’s what the ACC’s extended football agreement with Notre Dame means

The only way I see us having a chance is if the CFP landscape changes... that's it. I actually don't mind being in the American. I think we just need to create our own history. I wouldn't be surprised if we see big12 collapse in 10-15 years or a huge merger. Long story short - get cozy in ur seat.

Whenever Texas leaves is the end of the B12 IMO. When can they jump? Circle that date in red marker.

They'll take probably the oklahomas and another public Texas school with them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Apparently they're talking about it right now, if you can believe the tweets.
Brando said there were "conversations" about it, which is miles away from being "in talks" or negotiations.

Reaction Score
The ACC's only hope of ND joining as a full football member would be if NBC decides not to renew their contract (which runs through 2025). Nothing's happening for quite some time.
If their avenue to playoffs has to go through a conference, then they might fully join one. As long as there is another way they stay as is.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Less options this time. I'd imagine Cincy would be the main alternative and Tobacco Road would still back you. You'd just need to convince the football guys that you are better, and it probably wouldn't matter what BC or Syracuse thought.

It's going to be tough to convince anybody we're better in football unless and until we start winning some games. We were better than Cincy last season, at least head to head.

Reaction Score
Listened to the Louisville podcast and heard what Brando had to say about schedulling games and it makes sense. He also mentioned that if Kelly has another bad season and is on the hot seat he will be more public about the need to join a new conference.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We need to help make the AAC better, we haven't pulled our weight in the last three years. If we can do that, or when we do that, everything else and everybody else will improve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom