OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, you've done some musical gigs in your life. When you're on the road, time zones are blending and you're living out of a suitcase, good food choices get trumped by familiarity.
You're tired and hungry and you know exactly what to expect when you go in to a Cracker Barrel or a Waffle House.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this, Jim Gaffigan has the best Waffle House primer:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
2:00am perfection. Including the empty margarine cup in the background.

6012976587_fd0dd5737d_b.jpg

Reaction Score
So you're admitting you drive a LeSabre?

No bought my son his first car his senior year a few back and it was a real nice 2006 Buick Lucerne. Soon after that my wife and I noticed every time we were driving down the street or on the highway, whether it would be a Lucerne or Lesabre there was always a "q-tip" (cotton for Fishy) head driving those types of cars. We always laughed about it until he figured it out too LOL. He has an 2011 Acura TL now the jokes have stopped but they were legit - stereotype for sure!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No bought my son his first car his senior year a few back and it was a real nice 2006 Buick Lucerne. Soon after that my wife and I noticed every time we were driving down the street or on the highway, whether it would be a Lucerne or Lesabre there was always a "q-tip" (cotton for Fishy) head driving those types of cars. We always laughed about it until he figured it out too LOL. He has an 2011 Acura TL now the jokes have stopped but they were legit - stereotype for sure!

I'm looking hard at getting a Subaru Outback sometime next year. Fits plenty of my family's needs. My biggest obstacle? Every person I've seen driving one in the past 3 months has been a women over the age of 50.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chicken dumping's, open face roast beef with mashed potatoes either one. Or be bold order breakfast!
I don't know, but I might stay away from the "chicken dumpings."

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, you've done some musical gigs in your life. When you're on the road, time zones are blending and you're living out of a suitcase, good food choices get trumped by familiarity.

You're tired and hungry and you know exactly what to expect when you go in to a Cracker Barrel or a Waffle House.
Yeah that and your options are limited at 3 am. Plus your dollar goes a long way especially at Waffle House. On a recent drive back from Florida with my wife, daughter and daughters friend went to a Waffle House after 12 hours of driving and just threw caution to the wind. They couldn't even fit all the food we ordered on the table. We finished everything, the bill total for the 4 of us was 27 bucks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah that and your options are limited at 3 am. Plus your dollar goes a long way especially at Waffle House. On a recent drive back from Florida with my wife, daughter and daughters friend went to a Waffle House after 12 hours of driving and just threw caution to the wind. They couldn't even fit all the food we ordered on the table. We finished everything, the bill total for the 4 of us was 27 bucks.

A bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on toast, hash browns and a coffee. All for about $10.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've come oh so close to buying a UCONN rocking chair at the Sturbridge one.

Made a huge mistake there. Probably would have won another Championship if you had. smh

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Waffle House is another guilty pleasure of mine. while different variety of people watching. You haven't lived until you've been in a waffle house in South Carolina at 330 am. It's anarchy.

Best fist fights in the game. Nothing like knocking down a stack of waffles with court side seats to a good old fashion punch up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And they are all leftist granola crunchers, seems like the perfect car for you!

I ran some errands this morning. Saw two Outbacks. First was being driven at a random speed in the left lane by an older lady. Second one?? Driven by some young, hipster dude talking in his cell phone (hello? Bluetooth!) with a mountain bike racked on the roof.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm looking hard at getting a Subaru Outback sometime next year. Fits plenty of my family's needs. My biggest obstacle? Every person I've seen driving one in the past 3 months has been a women over the age of 50.

Yeah, that's a Northampton, MA type of car shall we say. That said, if you live an outdoor lifestyle, it's an awesome vehicle to have. One of the best. Perfect for the beach, the mountains, hauling gear/tools/trash whatever, kids if that's your thing. Easily transitions from country to city. Good in snow (though I think you are in FL iirc, so that's moot). So versatile.

Reaction Score
I ran some errands this morning. Saw two Outbacks. First was being driven at a random speed in the left lane by an older lady. Second one?? Driven by some young, hipster dude talking in his cell phone (hello? Bluetooth!) with a mountain bike racked on the roof.
If there is a guy driving one you are almost guaranteed to have a mountain bike on it with a VT sticker and a Phish sticker.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's a Northampton, MA type of car shall we say. That said, if you live an outdoor lifestyle, it's an awesome vehicle to have. One of the best. Perfect for the beach, the mountains, hauling gear/tools/trash whatever, kids if that's your thing. Easily transitions from country to city. Good in snow (though I think you are in FL iirc, so that's moot). So versatile.

Beach, sports and daily commutes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Beach, sports and daily commutes.

If you are looking for something a little smaller, check out the CrossTrek. My family has owned 4 subarus over the years, 3 of which were amazing.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
If there is a guy driving one you are almost guaranteed to have a mountain bike on it with a VT sticker and a Phish sticker.

DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME ERRL THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG

Reaction Score
DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME ERRL THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG
280.gif

Reaction Score
I've never been to a Waffle House or an Omelette Shoppe.

We did go to a Perkins in Gettysburg last month and loved it. Every person who came in had a Steelers' jersey and a nickname.

Get yo ass to Waffle House - I had a woman tell me at a Waffle House in Charlotte NC - "I'll stab you through the heart you punk" - I of course laughed and said " this is my orange juice I ordered it and I'm going to drink it if you want orange juice order your own because you're not getting mine"

Killed over some Waffle House OJ - not the thing you aspire to have on your headstone.

The egg, browns and grits are a-ok.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Get yo ass to Waffle House - I had a woman tell me at a Waffle House in Charlotte NC - "I'll stab you through the heart you punk" - I of course laughed and said " this is my orange juice I ordered it and I'm going to drink it if you want orange juice order your own because you're not getting mine"

I'm confused...did this woman just come up to your table and start yelling at you, unprovoked? Is that the kind of thing that happens regularly at Waffle House?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what has caused this lull.

Perhaps we've run out of things to talk about.

I have nothing.

But this.

I am helping an associate of a client with a problem. I don't know the guy, but I'm supposed to meet him for dinner this evening, so I give him the choice of any restaurant he'd like. There are 80,000 good restaurants in Westchester County.

He chose a Cracker Barrel. I cannot think of a more amazing response.

So I am going to a Cracker Barrel tonight. What, pray tell, shall I order?

Are you meeting FHCRE? Maybe Cracker Barrel is his dream restaurant. (More seriously, just politely pick at whatever you order. My limited experiences there normally end with at least someone in the party feeling ill.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom