OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME ERRL THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG

And with one post, you have summed up every person I've ever met who attended UVM. Utter perfection. Slow clapping the out of this right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm confused...did this woman just come up to your table and start yelling at you, unprovoked? Is that the kind of thing that happens regularly at Waffle House?

Pretty much yes. Especially after 12am. Waffle house is a special, special place.

Reaction Score
I'm confused...did this woman just come up to your table and start yelling at you, unprovoked? Is that the kind of thing that happens regularly at Waffle House?
That's the beauty of Waffle House. You never know what to expect, except for the diarrhea, you can always expect to have mud butt six hours after your meal.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm looking hard at getting a Subaru Outback sometime next year. Fits plenty of my family's needs. My biggest obstacle? Every person I've seen driving one in the past 3 months has been a women over the age of 50.
My mom is 68 and proudly drives one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Loved my Subaru wagon. Had a Mad River Glen bumper sticker and this in the rear window:
images

And I was living in Burlington, VT for part of that time, so I guess I fit that stereotype about 25+ years earlier.

I find the other stereotype to be more applicable to the Forester, which I bought for my wife's car almost 15 years later and ended up driving myself for a few months while she transitioned to a minivan because our space needs grew, and I transitioned out of an SUV, because I didn't have as much of a need for one.

I thought about going back to a wagon a few times and looked at the Outback, Volvo XC, Audi Allroad and BMW X-series wagon because I need AWD. The now-defunct Ford Freestyle was actually another great option in that class. I think these are all great vehicles.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I find the other stereotype to be more applicable to the Forester, which I bought for my wife's car almost 15 years later and ended up driving myself for a few months while she transitioned to a minivan because our space needs grew, and I transitioned out of an SUV, because I didn't have as much of a need for one.

I thought about going back to a wagon a few times and looked at the Outback, Volvo XC, Audi Allroad and BMW X-series wagon because I need AWD. The now-defunct Ford Freestyle was actually another great option in that class. I think these are all great vehicles.

And that's even been passed by the Prius.

I like the newer Compact crossover vehicles. Get the benefits of AWD, rugged enough, more functional than a sedan, and easier parking than a wagon. Not quite a family ride though.

Oh, and in fairness, that JG sticker is pretty sweet.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On the right tee, too. Love the Gildan Heavy Cotton. Harder and harder to find these days, with the prevalence of American Apparel and other form-fitting, "soft" tees, which I hate.

Reaction Score
DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST ****ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS **** IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME ERRL THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG
this was so perfect I'm still in awe. new favorite yard post

Reaction Score
I ran some errands this morning. Saw two Outbacks. First was being driven at a random speed in the left lane by an older lady. Second one?? Driven by some young, hipster dude talking in his cell phone (hello? Bluetooth!) with a mountain bike racked on the roof.
the crosstrek is a nice compromise. smaller than the outback, but is still a "cooler" wagon. my wife had what seemed like the only one in NC, but out here in Denver they're everywhere

Reaction Score
On the right tee, too. Love the Gildan Heavy Cotton. Harder and harder to find these days, with the prevalence of American Apparel and other form-fitting, "soft" tees, which I hate.
Hate the form fitting thin t-shirts, they fit weird and don't last at all. Always get the heavy duty tee's that last forever.

Reaction Score

No I just didn't want to get into the entire story.

Post Dead show in Charlotte in maybe 1989 - me and two of the guys I was at the show with sit in a booth and there's a woman looking for a place to sit. Mind you this place is packed after the show. I say sit here we've got an open spot - one of my friends looks at me and says do not do that, she's crazy as a house rat, I bought acid from her in the Meadowlands. I say no way in hell - like you'd remember that. She sits down and orders the a "steak" at Waffle House and proceeds to pick that s&*t up with the hands and maw that thing down - it was after this that she goes for my OJ and I say no shot honey and the previously mention exchange happened. Not sure how we separated and got out of there, but we did and we proceeded to go to shows the second show in Charlotte the next night and say her, she did not see me, went on to Miami and saw her there the first night, she did not see me, saw the last show in Miami and saw her and something must have triggered in her mind because she saw me and turned around and by the time she was fully turned around I had disappeared into the crush of people in the Miami area parking lot like a fart in the wind - the last thing I wanted was a confrontation with that crazy lady.

Saw Bill Walton on the floor of one of the Miami shows.

Reaction Score
Loved my Subaru wagon. Had a Mad River Glen bumper sticker and this in the rear window:
images

And I was living in Burlington, VT for part of that time, so I guess I fit that stereotype about 25+ years earlier.

I had that sticker on my Alfa for a long time.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
During our annual Myrtle Beach trips back in the day we visited man a waffle house after 12am, usually even later. Never a bad meal:cool:
Waffle Houses and Myrtle Beach. A match made in heaven.

Reaction Score
I am Really confused.

Doesn’t The Boneyard function on 20-minute increments?

What’s with the extra two minutes?

Reaction Score
It's done.

Observations:

1) The place was packed. If you can't see an old person right now, it's because they're all at Cracker Barrel.
2) Dinner for two and tip was under $35. I saved the receipt for posterity.
3) You think you've seen bravery? I saw a man order seafood at a Cracker Barrel. It was like sitting next to Neil Armstrong.
4) If you want to pick up women, head to the 'Barrel. I saw two women fall down in the shop.

What a crazy place. You walk in and the front "porch" is lined with rocking chairs that you can buy. Then you go inside and it's a little souvenir store - I could have bought a Christmas tree, a three-pound Snickers bar and an Army football hoodie before I even got seated.

Then you go into the restaurant part and it is a slice of some small town in Alabama. Or at least what I imagine a small town in Alabama would be like.

Old people lined every table. They were everywhere. It was Cocoon. I saw Wilfred Brimley's ghost. (Is he dead?) Every second, a Buick LeSabre pulled up and disgorged another load of cotton-tops. The typical table of four was three old women and one old man who had outlived his competition and now had his choice of very slow-moving booty.

As an experience in people-watching, it was wonderful theater. I'm dying to bring my daughter who would find the whole thing mesmerizing. I am less excited to bring my wife who would never stop commenting about the prevailing smell of butter. (Right now, I smell like butter.)

The food is basically bad wedding food. I had a grilled chicken breast which served as a prop for me to push around the plate. I was not given any mini-syrup bottles that I could have stolen for uchusky, but I imagine that I could have asked for syrup and no one have batted an eye. They don't judge you at Cracker Barrel.

The other guy ordered haddock. Seafood! At the 'Barrel! And he ate it. He is a man who gives danger the finger. I admire him.

Someone near us ordered breakfast. It was massive. Pancakes and ark-like variety of animal meats. Go for the pancakes, stay for the coronary.

Best of all, you are in and you are out within 35 minutes. They need your table for some old people who do not have time to waste waiting for it.

Everyone should go to the Cracker Barrel. You will leave a better person.
So funny! I had to send to a couple of my Alabama work mates for a good laugh. Hopefully they look at it in good light.! LOL!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm flying in to Savannah and heading towards Hilton Head for work this week. Land of cotton heads, LeSabres and Waffle House. I'll see what I can find that adds to the conversation.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm flying in to Savannah and heading towards Hilton Head for work this week. Land of cotton heads, LeSabres and Waffle House. I'll see what I can find that adds to the conversation.
The Boneyard Network investigates! Aggressive journalism finding new and old ways to channel the mojo wherever it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom