OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes | The Boneyard

OT - No posts here for the last 22 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no idea what has caused this lull.

Perhaps we've run out of things to talk about.

I have nothing.

But this.

I am helping an associate of a client with a problem. I don't know the guy, but I'm supposed to meet him for dinner this evening, so I give him the choice of any restaurant he'd like. There are 80,000 good restaurants in Westchester County.

He chose a Cracker Barrel. I cannot think of a more amazing response.

So I am going to a Cracker Barrel tonight. What, pray tell, shall I order?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I have no idea what has caused this lull. Perhaps we've run out of things to talk about. I have nothing. But this. I am helping an associate of a client with a problem. I don't know the guy, but I'm supposed to meet him for dinner this evening, so I give him the choice of any restaurant he'd like. He chose a Cracker Barrel. I cannot think of a more amazing response. So I am going to a Cracker Barrel tonight. What, pray tell, shall I order?

Country fried steak

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

I am helping an associate of a client with a problem. I don't know the guy, but I'm supposed to meet him for dinner this evening, so I give him the choice of any restaurant he'd like. There are 80,000 good restaurants in Westchester County.

Do they have Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

Last year, I was defending a guy (our client's employee) in a deposition here in NYC. He lives in NC. He told me he hadn't been to NYC since 1985. When he came up to prep, I ended up taking him out to a couple nice restaurants near our midtown office. But I couldn't meet up with him the night he arrived, so he was on his own. Armed with literally thousands of choices, he went to...the Times Square TGIFriday's.

And yes, chicken fried steak. And eat a lot of biscuits.

Reaction Score
Chicken dumping's, open face roast beef with mashed potatoes either one. Or be bold order breakfast!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
and make sure you have like 5 sides. 2 of them must be collard greens and fried okra.

and make sure you douse both liberally with this godsend (it will be on your table)

tabasco-peppers-in-vinegar.jpg

Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

Not sure you wanna post this on here.

If his first choice is Cracker Barrel, I'd guess there's a 50% chance he posts on this board.

Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

Fishy, in case you would like to plan ahead and perhaps appear less incredulous that you are sitting in a Cracker Barrel as a service please find the following:
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu/lunch-and-dinner
You are welcome.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Same exact thing happened to me a couple years ago. I remember the guy telling me that he always gets the fish and I knew I wasn't doing that. I don't remember what I did get though. Probably something with grilled chicken .

Reaction Score
Breakfast. Scrambled eggs are very hard to up.

Their fried catfish is good.

Reaction Score
I'm with 32 on the Open faced Roast Beef, very good with mashed, corn/string beans and apple sauce.

I still can't believe he picked it though. No booze so why there? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

As a follow up, I would have chosen Farmer and the Fish. Maybe he felt that would be awkward....

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Chicken dumping's, open face roast beef with mashed potatoes either one. Or be bold order breakfast!
breakfast is a good option.... again with the country fried steak though. That is always the big conundrum at cracker barrel. Country fried steak breakfast or country fried steak dinner. You win either way.
Best Cracker Barrel in CT?
there arent many.

I prefer Milford :)

Reaction Score
Hey Fishy. If you're in the business of meeting people to help them out with their problems, you name the really nice expensive restaurant, and I'm there. :)

Reaction Score
Back in the day, we used to call this the "20 minute lull" which was almost always followed by "the discussion of the 20 minute lull."

But to get back to the secondary topic...if someone chooses to eat at Cracker Barrell at any time other than breakfast, they have bigger problems than you can fix. Outside of maybe a punch to the throat.

Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

That's hilarious, where is the guy from? I went to a Cracker Barrel once on a road trip with buddies, a couple of guys were raving about how great their breakfast food is. To my dismay, turns out it was terrible.

Reaction Score
Best Cracker Barrel in CT?

Been to all of them as it's a nice quick customer lunch when people have little time - the best to me is East Windsor with Holyoke MA a close 2nd.

Reaction Score
Pretty funny that half the board has a 'go to' meal at Cracker Barrel. smh
I thought the same exact thing. August West is supposed to be a foodie, sounds like he goes to town on the whole Cracker Barrel menu.

Reaction Score

I have nothing.

But this.

Ah Fishy, can you get me a couple of the syrup bottles. Always ask for extra then put a couple in your pocket. Thanks in advance.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:

I have nothing.

But this.

Is that problem high cholesterol? In that case, you aren't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom