OT NFL Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT NFL Draft

Reaction Score
Pats first pick is a complete joke. Need help in many places other than special teams. BB has only whiffed on the last 8 DBs he took in the 2nd round......and they go after a guy they probably could have gotten 50 picks later. Sheer stupidity. There were 2-3 highly rated edge rushers still on the board.
I mean he was a consensus 2nd round pick but don’t worry about those facts

Reaction Score
I don't follow the NFL draft like some people do. However, I will say this. I like the New England pick. Not because he is a great player (I have no idea, I did read someone rated him an "A"), it is because I run through the Lenoir Rhyne campus everyday. They used to allow me to use the radio station for a weekly radio show for my students. Several of his former teammates are working at my school right now, including one whose brother was LR's quarterback last year. I already put in my request for comp tickets for this year haha. I hope he does well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t have any opinion and I don’t care I was just passing along the consensus among people who do this for a living. They said he graded out in the 99th percentile athletically
Terrific athlete, you can't justify a D2 safety in the second round.
Dugger is a great player, this wasn't some off the board reach by BB
By what measure is he great player? Genuinely curious?
You're being highly disingenous.
How? He's actually a good punt returner.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

1587855306537.png

Reaction Score

It's obviously a risk because he's coming from D2 but he's a ridiculous athlete/tackler. The only weakness is coverage, if he improves there who knows how good he can be.

For me, with all the recent developments and how often teams are playing 3 safetys I think it's worth the risk. The floor is a box safety/LB but I think given the current NFL the risk is worth it and hope he improves his coverage even a little bit. Even if he only hits the floor and is effectively a LB I think that plays in today's NFL

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's obviously a risk because he's coming from D2 but he's a ridiculous athlete/tackler. The only weakness is coverage, if he improves there who knows how good he can be.

For me, with all the recent developments and how often teams are playing 3 safetys I think it's worth the risk. The floor is a box safety/LB but I think given the current NFL the risk is worth it and hope he improves his coverage even a little bit. Even if he only hits the floor and is effectively a LB I think that plays in today's NFL
It'll be an interesting situation to watch, I believe he's the first D2 safety to be drafted in the second round. I don't think there have been many successful D2 players recently at all, besides Walker and Butler. But he does have the size and athleticism to make it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This will be a fun one to revisit. I have a feeling posts like these will not age particularly well.
You know the Patriots and Bengals haven't drafted a pro bowler in 6 drafts? Not the only way to measure draft success, but that's really bad.

Reaction Score
It'll be an interesting situation to watch, I believe he's the first D2 safety to be drafted in the second round. I don't think there have been many successful D2 players recently at all, besides Walker and Butler. But he does have the size and athleticism to make it.
It's definitely not a lock by any means and I definitely know nothing about the draft. But with no fantasy sports my friends and I had a 3 round mock draft competition so I spent way more time looking into these round 2 and 3 guys than anyone should have

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's definitely not a lock by any means and I definitely know nothing about the draft. But with no fantasy sports my friends and I had a 3 round mock draft competition so I spent way more time looking into these round 2 and 3 guys than anyone should have
I'm a huge draft nerd, and I also like looking at the probability certain prospects will be successful. From what I've "researched" I don't like his odds.

Reaction Score
Tyreek Hill and Vinatieri as well.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah I spent all fall hoping we'd suck enough to get Thomas so it would be hypocritical to criticize it.

At this point I think it's safe to say Gettleman is able to identify talent in the draft. He has no ability to maneuver the draft to get extra picks and he needs to go, but no reason to think Thomas isn't going to work out

gotta give some credit to then fins gm. He called everyone’s bluffs.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm a huge draft nerd, and I also like looking at the probability certain prospects will be successful. From what I've "researched" I don't like his odds.

based on historical data, Zack moss to Buffalo is going to be an epic steal. He’s not only the best RB in the draft, but the best in the last 4 years. And it’s not even close.

I will try to find the twitter thread detailing said research.

the Q

Reaction Score
Tyreek Hill and Vinatieri as well.

slightly misleading when his stock was made during his time at Oklahoma state.

not really comparable to a pure d2 guy.

the Q

Reaction Score
You know the Patriots and Bengals haven't drafted a pro bowler in 6 drafts? Not the only way to measure draft success, but that's really bad.

wasn’t thuney an all pro guard? Dude is a Wall.

Reaction Score
Pats first pick is a complete joke. Need help in many places other than special teams. BB has only whiffed on the last 8 DBs he took in the 2nd round......and they go after a guy they probably could have gotten 50 picks later. Sheer stupidity. There were 2-3 highly rated edge rushers still on the board.

And they traded down to take him.

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest here.

Belichick has never been good at drafting players. He trades down, stockpiles picks and it never works out.

He’s great at getting Blount, Moss, Dillon type players to take less money to make a run. And that’s done

With Brady and Gronk blatantly leaving for TBay, the FA route of not being paid is done.

Nothing at ALL at QB on their roster.

The dynasty has crashed and burned in the worst way.

Reaction Score
I mean he was a consensus 2nd round pick but don’t worry about those facts
Winfield was there for the taking and ranked well ahead of this guy. It was definitely a reach. They could have got this guy later.

Reaction Score
Winfield was there for the taking and ranked well ahead of this guy. It was definitely a reach. They could have got this guy later.
Ok cool. I’ll take your opinion over the draft experts then since I’m sure you’ve seen every dback. Again I have zero dog in this fight but Winfield ranked ‘well ahead of this guy’ is again nonsense....factually. Winfield also has inferior combine #s in every single measurable. Whine all you want and maybe this guy will stink but to say it was a garbage pick is preposterous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom