OT NFL Draft | The Boneyard

OT NFL Draft

Reaction Score
Will have to wait and see them on the Field but i give the Raiders a D for their first round.

Ruggs over Lamb or Juedy - Al Davis Made that pick from the Grave

Then taking Damon Arnette at 19 is a complete head-scratcher . Most had a late 2nd or 3rd rd grade on him.

Reaction Score
Will have to wait and see them on the Field but i give the Raiders a D for their first round.

Then taking Damon Arnette at 19 is a complete head-scratcher . Most had a late 2nd or 3rd rd grade on him.

So, basically the Raiders traded Khalil Mack and a 2nd round pick for Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette. Right?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

The raiders seem to be running some sort of WWE style entertainment operation.

Reaction Score
The time will tell on Ruggs. Arnette eh ....

Btw, Ruggs is a high flyer. Around the same height Boatright with around the same veritical.

Reaction Score
Giants fan here who has very little knowledge about NCAA football (aside from the UConn/NDSU games I watch and the one Yale game I go to a year).

Glad the Giants went with tackle. Time will tell if it's a reach, but I wish Gettleman found a way to trade back.

Reaction Score
So, basically the Raiders traded Khalil Mack and a 2nd round pick for Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette. Right?

Yup, i think there might have been a few more later rd picks that were switched but its basically Jacobs and Arnette for Mack and who ever the bears take tonight

Reaction Score
Giants took the 4th best tackle 4th in the 1st round. Gettelman proved he should've been fired as he should have taken either Simmons or the tackle from Bama. Obviously they are beginning to look like the Browns with him at the helm. Shame on the Mara's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Giants took the 4th best tackle 4th in the 1st round. Gettelman proved he should've been fired as he should have taken either Simmons or the tackle from Bama. Obviously they are beginning to look like the Browns with him at the helm. Shame on the Mara's.

They graded him highest. I wouldn't assume Gettleman and Judge are wrong and Mel Kiper is right. Those pre-draft grades are often complete garbage. Agree however, that if he was their guy they needed to try to trade back. Same with Daniel Jones last year. They suck at maneuvering.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

shame on the maras for letting him take Jones considering a far better QB prospect fell to them this year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Patriots did what was expected and traded out of the first. I pity the fools who thought they were going to trade up for a QB.

Now tonight they will package some of those picks and move up tactically to get the guys they want. I am very hopeful that Matt Peart goes to New England in round 3. Just what they need at RT. Need to get LB/DL and safety if possible.

Reaction Score

Time will tell with Thomas. He is what they needed at least. there are still good defensive players to get in the second round. Giving up the third round pick for Williams- who is now grieving his tag as a D tackle claiming he is an end- is definitely a fireable offense. But Mara had to sign off on it so what can we do.

Reaction Score
Dolphins fan here. Stoked to get Tua. A little bit of a reach with Austin Jackson in my opinion. I like the auburn cb we got late in round 1. Hoping for a top tier rb in round 2.

Reaction Score
Thomas is a strange case where GMs wanted him and the media didn't want him. I was indifferent about it but with a day to think about it I'm very happy with it

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
My Steelers get into the act tonight. The two guys I’m hoping for at 49 are Winfield or Pittman, but I think both are gone by the time we pick. I’m really hoping we stay away from RB, even if a guy like Taylor is on the board

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Looking forward to tonight. Crazy good number of players available still. That's why I was sure Belichick would trade back (and will now use those four 3rd round, 2 4th round and 4 6th round picks to move up).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My Steelers get into the act tonight. The two guys I’m hoping for at 49 are Winfield or Pittman, but I think both are gone by the time we pick. I’m really hoping we stay away from RB, even if a guy like Taylor is on the board

I wouldn't be surprised to see your team take Eason at some point. Winfield and Pittman will almost certainly go by 49.

Reaction Score
shame on the maras for letting him take Jones considering a far better QB prospect fell to them this year.

I admit not sure on sarcasm or not here Q? I would have preferred Herbert if you asked me last year and I knew they could take him in this draft. But I do like Jones now and think he could be a good one, we will see. But if your last 2 #1s are Barkley and Jones I guess you needed to protect them with a tackle. Just hope the kid is good enough immediately they need that to happen. We will see.

Reaction Score
Time will tell with Thomas. He is what they needed at least. there are still good defensive players to get in the second round. Giving up the third round pick for Williams- who is now grieving his tag as a D tackle claiming he is an end- is definitely a fireable offense. But Mara had to sign off on it so what can we do.

Yeah the Williams trade for a 3 was ridiculous, or as you say a firing offense. Getty was a laughingstock after that as others offered no more than a 5 I believe.

Reaction Score
I think there's a decent chance Winfield will be there just because all the 1st round safeties dropped and are still available. Pittman feels like a lock for the Colts with either 34/44

Reaction Score
The Pats could have taken Murray from OK in the first. He is a nice LB prospect. I guess they did not see Love at QB the way Green Bay did.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see your team take Eason at some point. Winfield and Pittman will almost certainly go by 49.

All the buzz locally is on Hurts, if we went QB. I like him a lot and think he’s going to be very good with the right staff, which I think we have with Tomlin and Matt Canada brought in, but it’s tough to use a pick on a QB if a guy like Pittman or Hamler is there to immediately boost the offense.

I think there's a decent chance Winfield will be there just because all the 1st round safeties dropped and are still available. Pittman feels like a lock for the Colts with either 34/44

Yeah, I think Higgins or Pittman is a lock to Indy. Winfield would solve the only glaring hole we have in Edmunds. Him and Minkah would be a fun as hell safety tandem

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah the Williams trade for a 3 was ridiculous, or as you say a firing offense. Getty was a laughingstock after that as others offered no more than a 5 I believe.

But that started with reaching for Jones instead of taking Allen...

Succession plans at qb and Rb are wildly overrated.

the Q

Reaction Score

One thing to consider.

Before the underwear olympics this guy was a clear cut top 5 pick. Arguably the favorite for the giants selection.

He dropped like a rock and then came full circle.

It’s not outlandish except that the media draft guys all seemed to sour on him when the calendar changed to February.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing to consider.

Before the underwear plump is this guy was a clear cut top 5 pick. Arguably the favorite for the giants selection.

He dropped like a rock and then came full circle.

It’s not outlandish except that the media draft guys all seemed to sour on him when the calendar changed to February.
Yeah I spent all fall hoping we'd suck enough to get Thomas so it would be hypocritical to criticize it.

At this point I think it's safe to say Gettleman is able to identify talent in the draft. He has no ability to maneuver the draft to get extra picks and he needs to go, but no reason to think Thomas isn't going to work out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom