OT: NFL Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Just announced, Broncos trying to get Giants #2.
That would drop them to #5.

Reaction Score
Barkley is gonna bring back visions of rookie year Todd Gurley if he's a Giant. He'll get murdered behind that line

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don’t need a qb? Not saying being awful last year was all on Eli but he was part of it. Build a statue but it’s time to move on. Hopefully giants don’t pick 2 for a long time. Get a qb. You can find a good rb in the right system later in the draft.
That's my opinion
There is only a few RBs like Barkley but lots of QBs every draft
Plus none of these QBs really excite me except for the kid from L'ville that no one is even talking about
I think Allen is the best of the lot -

Reaction Score
That's my opinion
There is only a few RBs like Barkley but lots of QBs every draft
Plus none of these QBs really excite me except for the kid from L'ville that no one is even talking about
I think Allen is the best of the lot -
This is an incredibly deep class for RBs, I'd much rather take Michel or Guice round 2

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Browns taking Mayfield #1 would be such a Browns move.

Might sound weird, but If you want your guy, you have to take a QB #1. And if you want the best QB, you take Mayfield imo. He completes more balls at all (short/medium/long) levels.

If he was 6'4 he'd be the runaway number 1 pick in the draft. I don't think his height will hurt him, a la Brees, Wilson. Not saying he'll be on their levels mind you.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Bwahahahahahahaha, most Cleveland Browns thing ever.

Probably the right choice if you aren't going to trade that pick. Just glad he didn't go to the Jets.

Reaction Score
Barkley is gonna bring back visions of rookie year Todd Gurley if he's a Giant. He'll get murdered behind that line

You mean 2nd year Gurley? Rookie Gurley was a beast for most of the time he actually played.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I didn't think they'd do it, but there's a semi-realistic scenario where it makes sense to draft Mayfield #1 if they really want Barkley.

This is assuming they have 2 QBs similarly rated at the top. And all hypothetical because who knows whether the public releases are accurate.

So you know the Browns like Darnold/Mayfield. You know the Jets are taking a QB at 3, Mayfield or Rosen. You know the Giants only like Darnold and Barkley.

Taking Darnold means the Giants take Barkley and the Jets take Rosen. Now you miss out on Barkley. But taking Mayfield now means you get Barkley at 4 because the Giants get Darnold and the Jets get Rosen

God I hope the Jets draft Rosen.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
That was the only smart pick. If Barkley was mediocre, okay move on, but damn.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Both the Mayfield and Barkley were drafted too high IMO.

Reaction Score
Might sound weird, but If you want your guy, you have to take a QB #1. And if you want the best QB, you take Mayfield imo. He completes more balls at all (short/medium/long) levels.

If he was 6'4 he'd be the runaway number 1 pick in the draft. I don't think his height will hurt him, a la Brees, Wilson. Not saying he'll be on their levels mind you.
The Brees/Wilson comparisons are so tired. I'm not blaming you, it's all over the place. Brees is the most accurate passer ever and Mayfield isn't in Wilson's stratosphere as an athlete. Not even getting into the upstairs stuff.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I know you are saying he's on their level
He doesn't compare to Wilson in athleticism - look at the comparatives, speed, hand size, jumping measures, etc. Wilson outclasses him everywhere but size and weight. Against good teams Mayfield couldn't shake the pursuing linemen.
As far as Brees is concerned - he is smarter and has an intangible - he's a leader. He doesn't pull the antics that Mayfield does
I'm not saying Mayfield is not good but he's not a 1st pick by any means

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Brees/Wilson comparisons are so tired. I'm not blaming you, it's all over the place. Brees is the most accurate passer ever and Mayfield isn't in Wilson's stratosphere as an athlete. Not even getting into the upstairs stuff.

My point was the height thing is way over played. There are a few ways to win as a short QB. Favre's only 1 inch taller. (no, not saying he's BF either)

I think the upstairs thing is over played too. Just a little bit of a wild man as a kid. Don't think he's going to have any trouble adjusting.

He's nothing like Manziel. He's a 'chip on his shoulder' kind of guy; overlooked, underrecruited type. Manziel was a silver spoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom