OT: NFL Draft | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Today it's being reported that the Browns have crossed Darnold and Rosen off their list for #1 and are deciding between Allen and Mayfield. Browns gonna Brown, I guess.

As a Giants fan, I'm torn. It looks like Gettleman's top QB, Darnold, will be there. And obviously we need a QB of the future (unless they think Webb might be the guy). But there are so many other pressing needs.

My first choice would be to trade back inside the top 10 and rip somebody off, like the Colts did to the Jets. But if the Giants keep the pick, I think I've decided I want them to take Barkley. The Giants haven't had a 3-down RB since Tiki retired. I'm sick of watching our backs average 3.4 ypc. I think #2 is too early for Chubb or that OG everybody likes. Sure, top-1o RBs bust. But so do QBs.

Reaction Score
I think I'd be okay with Barkley or Rosen for the Giants. Don't really mind trading down either if we get a king's ransom

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I think I'd be okay with Barkley or Rosen for the Giants. Don't really mind trading down either if we get a king's ransom
Rosen won't last heath-wise in the NFL, already concussion prone and too frail, stay away that dude at 2. For the Giants, it's Darnold or Barkley...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Talking about trying to trade with the Giants at 2 for 3 months here in Buffalo.

I think I’m cool with Rosen Darnold or Mayfield, maybe in that order, but I know I want the Bills to get up there.

Maybe the Giants could use 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

Reaction Score
As a Jets fan, I've been set on Mayfield or Rosen at #3 for a while. If the Browns grow some stones and take Mayfield first and the Giants like Rosen and we're stuck with Darnold I will be livid. I think Darnold is incredibly overrated and lord knows the Jets don't need another USC QB bust. I'd rather roll the dice on Josh Allen than take Darnold.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Preference for giants in order.

1. Allen
2. Rosen
3. Darnold
4. Barkley
5. Nelson

Everyone knows it’s gonna be Barkley though. Gettelman took CMC last year in the first round as the panthers GM with the 8th pick. He’s not opposed to taking a rb with a high pick, and Barkley is better than CMC.

We’ll regret not taking a QB going forward. Being the bills/cards/ravens and needing to give up a fortune to get their QB of the future blows for those franchises.

Reaction Score
Today it's being reported that the Browns have crossed Darnold and Rosen off their list for #1 and are deciding between Allen and Mayfield. Browns gonna Brown, I guess.

As a Giants fan, I'm torn. It looks like Gettleman's top QB, Darnold, will be there. And obviously we need a QB of the future (unless they think Webb might be the guy). But there are so many other pressing needs.

My first choice would be to trade back inside the top 10 and rip somebody off, like the Colts did to the Jets. But if the Giants keep the pick, I think I've decided I want them to take Barkley. The Giants haven't had a 3-down RB since Tiki retired. I'm sick of watching our backs average 3.4 ypc. I think #2 is too early for Chubb or that OG everybody likes. Sure, top-1o RBs bust. But so do QBs.

Barber was not a three down back. He may have gotten the touches, but he wasn't built for that role. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the G Men have not been able to have a running game. They're like Detroit. There's absolutely no excuse to not have two guys that can pound the ball between the tackles.

I'm not a Giants fan, they're not my team, but I do like them. If they ended up with Barkley, I think it would be great. Eli can go two more years IMO. They do need to improve that line. This is 2018. McAdoo was terrible.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Giants need Barkley. He can do everything.The type of player that will keep his team on the field. If there wasn't a Barkley this year...fine grab line. As far as QB? I couldn't give a rats patooey. Giants do good this year, expect Manning to be back. I felt they drafted decent QB's in the past. But they weren't going to play. Barkley then the line. Seems the Gints want to get the denfense back in shape. Bring back the days of old making a QB run for his life.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Barber was not a three down back. He may have gotten the touches, but he wasn't built for that role. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the G Men have not been able to have a running game. They're like Detroit. There's absolutely no excuse to not have two guys that can pound the ball between the tackles.

I'm not a Giants fan, they're not my team, but I do like them. If they ended up with Barkley, I think it would be great. Eli can go two more years IMO. They do need to improve that line. This is 2018. McAdoo was terrible.
I agree on Manning for a couple of more years. That's why give the QB brainstorm a break.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Remember that one of our own is the General Manager. John Dorsey could be playing the dumb like a fox misdirection play.
The Browns are not #!$%@ing this up. They didn't get J Landry for nothing. I think they go RB then best avail QB.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

You know what I mean - since Barber the Giants haven't had a workhorse who can also catch passes.

Reaction Score
I cant wait for future MVP Lamar Jackson to step across that and put on that Patriots hat. Ahhhhh, cant wait.

Reaction Score
You know what I mean - since Barber the Giants haven't had a workhorse who can also catch passes.

I do know what you mean. To me, the last real work horse RB the Giants had was Rodney Hampton and that was in the 90's

Reaction Score
The Browns are not #!$%@ing this up. They didn't get J Landry for nothing. I think they go RB then best avail QB.

The Browns are not going to draft Barkley with the number one pick.

They would have traded down by now.

The QB's in this draft are rated higher.

The second pick is key to how the rest of the first round of the draft ends up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Gmen don't go for Barkley I will scream
Don't need a QB right now - trade for a vet later or draft one in next 2 years
Cannot pass-up on someone like Barkley and don't need Chubb at #2

Reaction Score
If Gmen don't go for Barkley I will scream
Don't need a QB right now - trade for a vet later or draft one in next 2 years
Cannot pass-up on someone like Barkley and don't need Chubb at #2

Chubb's previous knee injury would cause me to think twice.

Knowing the Giants, they probably go defense or guard, but I agree, Barkley is too good to pass up

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind Barkley but want no part of him at 2. If they're gonna trade down maybe. Has to be Darnold at 2 if he's there

Reaction Score
Barkley is a generational talent. He’ll need to stay healthy but if he does he will be a nightmare for opposing Ds. Pair him with ODB, EE, SS and then go out and sign Dez Bryant. Eli will kill with that talent surrounding him.

Reaction Score
Draft day!

Would LOVE Giants to trade down and draft Nelson, but we'll see. If Giants stay at 2, I'd prefer a QB over Barkley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom