OT: NFL Draft | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I wanted Rudolph for the Pats. That was a good pick in the 3rd. Who knows if he'll pan out, but it's a great risk at that spot.

He just feels like the perfect heir apparent to Ben. Loved his quote yesterday about it not being Ben’s job to teach him anything, but rather it’s his job to be a sponge and learn.

Not thrilled with us taking multiple Safeties, but I guess if we start 10 DB’s against NE, perhaps we’ll finally find an answer to Brady carving us up year in and year out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is hilarious. Opinion is a wonderful thing I won’t even argue these you had me in stitches with many of the last 10. I mean even though it’s a small sample you could’ve thrown Garoppolo in I would’ve respected your opinion a bit more. If you even think you can make an argument for Prescott, dalton or Flacco you’re whacked. I need to know what Rivers, Cousins, Mariotta and even Stafford have ever done? Winston eh Lucks better for sure but he doesn’t get on the field, Carr has a lot to prove Goff a lot to prove Watson a lot to prove.

Not a good list

Buddy it’s 2018. Dak Prescott is better than Eli Manning. Jimmy Garappolo is light years better.

We aren’t looking at career value they aren’t putting Barkley on the 2008 Giants.

What do you think would happen if the Giants called Oakland or the Rams and asked to trade quarterbacks? One the person who picked up the phone stopped laughing they would hang up and go to tell everyone the hilarious story.

If you think he’s so good - let’s hear the short list better than him.

Reaction Score
Buddy it’s 2018. Dak Prescott is better than Eli Manning. Jimmy Garappolo is light years better.

We aren’t looking at career value they aren’t putting Barkley on the 2008 Giants.

What do you think would happen if the Giants called Oakland or the Rams and asked to trade quarterbacks? One the person who picked up the phone stopped laughing they would hang up and go to tell everyone the hilarious story.

If you think he’s so good - let’s hear the short list better than him.

Don't buddy me whaler anyone who thinks Dak is better is whacked to me he's awful. Garopollo may be better (light years is a joke of course) but that small sample needs more, I like him think he will be a really good one but can some of these guys prove themselves first? Let's wait the year out with a full squad, better line, a RB finally and we will talk. I'm good with mine for another 2 years but heck we all know you're a lot smarter than Shurmur and Gettlemen LOL speaking of hilarious.:rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't buddy me whaler anyone who thinks Dak is better is whacked to me he's awful. Garopollo may be better (light years is a joke of course) but that small sample needs more, I like him think he will be a really good one but can some of these guys prove themselves first? Let's wait the year out with a full squad, better line, a RB finally and we will talk. I'm good with mine for another 2 years but heck we all know you're a lot smarter than Shurmur and Gettlemen LOL speaking of hilarious.:rolleyes:

We shall see. Pretty much everyone in the world but the Giants and a percentage of their fans are quite aware that Eli isn’t good anymore - but I guess some people need to be beat over the head with it. It’s been everyone else’s fault for quite a long time.

Don’t forget to give us that list that gets him into the top 15. It will make for a good laugh.

Reaction Score
We shall see. Pretty much everyone in the world but the Giants and a percentage of their fans are quite aware that Eli isn’t good anymore - but I guess some people need to be beat over the head with it. It’s been everyone else’s fault for quite a long time.

Don’t forget to give us that list that gets him into the top 15. It will make for a good laugh.
I think he's better than you're giving him credit for and worse than Mau is making him out to be. We had one of the worst offensive coordinators in football the last two years so it's hard to tell if it's really Eli declining or if the scheme was just terrible

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Giants need to find a replacement for Eli but he is probably good enough for another season or two, and I'll trust the people who do it for a living if they thought that the top QBs in this draft were not sure enough bets to waste the number two pick on, especially when Barkley seems like a much surer bet in another position where we have a dire need. I don't know why people have a problem grasping that.

The Giants' failure to play Webb at all last season is far more of a mystery to me. It will be interesting to see if Lauletta overtakes him on their depth chart.

Reaction Score
In their careers not last year.
Point stands over their full careers as well

Manning: 3828/25/17
Stafford: 4448/28/15
Marriota: 3610/20/13
Cousins: 4182/26/14
Rivers: 4196/29/14

Reaction Score
So the efforts of guys like Elliott are not to be considered because they didn't win a Super Bowl
Walter Payton never won a NFL championship
I really don't remember any running back that carried a team to a Super Bowl never mind win one
You don't like the pick I get it but it made a ton of sense vs the quality of the qbs at that spot

Walter Payton ran for over 1500 yards in the Chicago Bears Super Bowl XX year. That was an awesome team both offensively and especially on defense.

Reaction Score
This is some of the weirdest bragging I've ever seen.

But at least you kept it to less than 40 paragraphs for once.

I'd take these digs more personal if you could adjust your batting gloves in the time I take to write them. I'll let mr. someone lend me a vowel tcf come at me for exceeding the character limit but not you.

Weird bragging would have been me before we won a super bowl. Now that we've actually won and look poised to continue winning I'm disoriented.

Reaction Score
Eli has been mediocre, at best, for years. Dak Prescott looked like he didn't belong in the NFL the second half of the season...

5 of this final 8 games he didn't throw a single TD pass.
6 of his final 8 games he threw for less than 185 yards.
Take out the Week 14 slaughter of the Giants and threw for 3 TD in his final 7 games.

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan Can you list your top 15 QBs?

1. Eli Manning

LOL I don't really care all that much to list them all seriously. We know who the best guys are and after 8 or 9 Eli can play with most of them given the right team around him that's all. Everyone has an opinion and that's fine but some of those listed aren't better than him, I mean 18-22 is a joke. I may agree this year if they give him everytibng he needs and he craps himself who knows, let's just wait.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think he's better than you're giving him credit for and worse than Mau is making him out to be. We had one of the worst offensive coordinators in football the last two years so it's hard to tell if it's really Eli declining or if the scheme was just terrible
I'll drink to that. He was terrible. When they made him head coach I was livid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Whatever the opinions, I for one,think the Giants did fairly well in the draft. Nice selection. The must needed change in the front office looks like the right foot was put forward.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Eli has been mediocre, at best, for years. Dak Prescott looked like he didn't belong in the NFL the second half of the season...

5 of this final 8 games he didn't throw a single TD pass.
6 of his final 8 games he threw for less than 185 yards.
Take out the Week 14 slaughter of the Giants and threw for 3 TD in his final 7 games.

Dak definitely needed to look better in the 2nd half of the year, but he also lost his left tackle and we didn't have a competent backup (Dak got sacked 8 times in the first game Tyron Smith missed -- 6 by Adrian Clayborn alone), and he didn't have Elliott. He was putting up 28 points per game before Zeke and Tyron Smith left the lineup. Again, he definitely needs to get better, and has to learn to play through adversity, but he was also a 2nd year QB that lost his two most important pieces the same week in the middle of the year.

Also, LOL at you taking out his best game of the lousy stretch to show how bad his stats are. "If you take out the games where he played well, he was terrible!"

Reaction Score
So, people panned the Jets for trading so much to move from 6 to 3, but it's hard to argue that now. Darnold is a guy that definitely gives them a very good chance at that "franchise QB" for the next 10+ years and they're in good enough cap position where they can add pieces along the way outside of the draft.

And yes, I fully realize this is the Jets and anything/everything bad can/probably will happen....but it's hard to pan the trade up right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is hilarious. Opinion is a wonderful thing I won’t even argue these you had me in stitches with many of the last 10. I mean even though it’s a small sample you could’ve thrown Garoppolo in I would’ve respected your opinion a bit more. If you even think you can make an argument for Prescott, dalton or Flacco you’re whacked. I need to know what Rivers, Cousins, Mariotta and even Stafford have ever done? Winston eh Lucks better for sure but he doesn’t get on the field, Carr has a lot to prove Goff a lot to prove Watson a lot to prove.

Not a good list

Seriously? You don't think Cousins and Rivers are better than Eli right now? I hope you're joking. Dalton has regressed and will struggle to keep his job unless he improves. Flacco is meh. The Giants would trade Eli for Carr, Goff or Watson, and give up loads of picks, without thinking twice. The comparison isn't too "peak" Eli, it's to 2018 Eli.

But it is a moot point. The Giants wisely took Lauletta, who many think is very Garappolo like, but with worse arm strength. It was a savvy pick. A guy many people thought the Pats would take. Eli will likely start at the beginning of the season, and the improvements in the OL and addition of Barkley should make him more effective. But unless he is great, I assume he'll lose the starter's job at some point.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Whatever the opinions, I for one,think the Giants did fairly well in the draft. Nice selection. The must needed change in the front office looks like the right foot was put forward.

I'd be surprised if any Giants fans can quibble with the selections in Rounds 2-5. (Maybe the Richmond QB was a wasted pick, but everyone said we needed another QB prospect...)

I'm pretty happy overall. Mostly because it wasn't Reese picking for us. That octopus in Germany would make better picks than Reese.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom