OT Myles Garrett | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Myles Garrett

Reaction Score
This
Garrett wrapped him up and spun him down long after the ball was out, which is what started it. Saying that Mason shouldn’t have pulled on his helmet doesn’t equate to saying that he lit the initial fuse.

In any event, I’m fine with Garrett getting the rest of the year off. I’m hoping this settles down before the next game as we have enough issues without worrying about looking to even the score

Reaction Score
So at work the have NBC Sports Network on. This was a lead story on two British soccer programs. Yeah so it's that big.

Reaction Score
Roudolph seemed to have his fingers/hand stuck in Garrett’s face mask and kind of panicked trying to get it out. Garrett thought he was ripping off his helmet which is why he reacted like that. But even if that wasn’t the case it was a fairly typical football scrum that would have just resulted in penalties until the helmet came off and was used as a weapon.

I thought all the suspensions were fair except for Pouncey’s. 3 games seems excessive given the fact he was basically defending Roudolph. It was suggested that Garrett be criminally charged and/or kicked out of the league that is way too excessive. Criminal charges would set a terrible precedent.
So here’s a question on the criminal charge or not: what if he had connected square w the top of the helmet and knocked Rudolph unconscious?? That is certainly not something that would happen in the normal course of a game. I understand emotions.....but that helmet could be a lethal weapon, or at least something that could cause great harm to someone else. I don’t see how a criminal charge could be anything but a positive precedent. He could have seriously, seriously injured Rudolph if he connected square. What’s the justification for not charging him?? I think the penalty needs to be REALLY severe.....more than just 6 games. The sport is violent enough between the lines. This could be a very slippery slope and needs to be stopped in its tracks. I really don’t see a defense for not making an example of him.

Reaction Score
Pouncey owes Garrett a Christmas card. In a normal situation a player kicking another player in the head would have people outraged and would be the lead story with people calling for Pouncey to have a prolonged suspension. Because of what Garrett did, Pouncey's assault became secondary. He got off easy.
How do you figure?? He was protecting his guy from getting killed from a guy that was 80 pounds larger. I have no dog in this fight and have NO issue w what Pouncey did. Rudolph could have been killed.

Reaction Score
I watched a YouTube round table
with Shannon Sharpe whose observation that when you take off a helmet and strike another player , its no longer a ESPN story but a CNN story and that reflects negatively on the league. They had to suspend him the minimum of the this season.plus big dollar fines.
He rightly pointed out that the punishment must not only be punitive but strong enough to be preventative.
Well said

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
But he didn't. Not picking on you but I really hate when people say stuff like this. How about you punish him for what did happen and not what could've happened. I say 6 games and a heavy fine should suffice.

299649.jpg

Reaction Score
How do you figure?? He was protecting his guy from getting killed from a guy that was 80 pounds larger. I have no dog in this fight and have NO issue w what Pouncey did. Rudolph could have been killed.

I think the point was that if you removed what happened before and Pouncey had done that, the suspension and reaction would have been much worse. Also let’s not kid ourselves that him kicking Garett was done to protect Rudolph. Garret was already pinned on the ground. It was retaliatory, which I’m fine with given the context.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It’s the nfl. They always bend to public sentiment. Rudolph is a clown. Garret shud definitely get a few Games for sure but I heard Rudolph kicked him in the balls like a little b*^%#. Not condoning the helmet thing but in heat of moment cud see how guys wud snap sometimes. Media making it out to be like he murdered someone. Even after garret fell to ground he didn’t even fight back like he realized immediately he effed up. People calling fir a lifetime ban. Lol.
“I heard...” You should go testify before Shiff’s kangaroo court.

Reaction Score
The sad part about this entire affair is that the NFL owners are licking their chops because of the publicity and knowing that it will only serve to increase the number of viewers.

Reaction Score
Now your taking it too far, I was keeping it at a level of sports, guess what whether people like to admit it or not there is violence in football it is ugly, and always will be. Fights like this used to occur at training camps all the time, of course I dont condone what Garrett did and he should have a lengthy suspension.
First, I did not interpret what you wrote in that context. Secondly, I played boo\th in high school and college and not once, in practice or games did I ever see a player remove his helmet and strike another player with it. About the worse I ever saw was some of the guys would take the ball and throw it at someone out of frustration (and sometimes it was one of us). No harm, no foul. Go Huskies:):):)

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

In the video shots of the incident it doesn’t look as much as kicking him purposefully in the nuts but more like a guy on his back in MMA defending himself with his feet. Either way I think Rudolph probably should have gotten 1 game. He obviously wasn’t innocent in the whole melee but Garrett got exactly what he deserved.

Reaction Score
In the video shots of the incident it doesn’t look as much as kicking him purposefully in the nuts but more like a guy on his back in MMA defending himself with his feet. Either way I think Rudolph probably should have gotten 1 game. He obviously wasn’t innocent in the whole melee but Garrett got exactly what he deserved.

Oh I agree. Garrett maybe even is getting off light. But Garrett’s reaction shouldn’t excuse Rudolph’s, though it apparently has.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You can’t suspend Rudolph here. You’d have to suspend players every week for scrums if you did. These types of scrums happen regularly in nearly every game. There was a skirmish in the Lions Bears game last week where players were kicking and grabbing each other by the helmet and there wasn’t even a flag thrown.

Reaction Score
Everything was just a typical football fight until Garrett snapped. Nothing landed and no one was hurt. Garrett took it to an unprecedented level. That is why he was treated the most harshly.

Reaction Score
If Mason Rudolph did this stick a fork in him, if Myles Garrett is lying stick a fork in him. I know what my gut tells me.

During appeal, Myles Garrett accused Mason Rudolph of using racial slur

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom