OT Myles Garrett | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Myles Garrett

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Personally I like seeing fights and the game of football was meant to dirty with mud and blood on your jersey. The game was cleaned up back in the day when Teddy Roosevelt demanded it to be, because guys were dying on the field. This is real football to me of course the situation did escalate, of course if the liberal media and casual fans, doesn't like something rules get changed constantly. Believe it or not a moderate level of stress and violence is important for a healthy human psyche.
Yeah man I miss the pre-Teddy Roosevelt football games I used to watch too

Reaction Score
Yeah man I miss the pre-Teddy Roosevelt football games I used to watch too

I said he cleaned up the game, yet the media wants rules changed constantly with their black and white thinking, basketball is no different. Social media isnt helping things either.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The return game on 12/1 is gonna be very ugly. My brother from Danbury will be in town and I can get tix. But I think we'll go to BC vs Pitt instead. I hate Stillers fans anyway, and they'll be extra obnoxious for that game.

Reaction Score
Personally I like seeing fights and the game of football was meant to dirty with mud and blood on your jersey. The game was cleaned up back in the day when Teddy Roosevelt demanded it to be, because guys were dying on the field. This is real football to me of course the situation did escalate, of course if the liberal media and casual fans, doesn't like something rules get changed constantly. Believe it or not a moderate level of stress and violence is important for a healthy human psyche.
What a terrible opinion

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Believe it or not a moderate level of stress and violence is important for a healthy human psyche.

Do you live in Hartford proper? And if not, when are you moving there?

Reaction Score
It’s really hard to care about any of the Steelers players. They’ve consistently cried foul in every instance of bush league tactics in games they are involved. I’m biased being a Bengals fan, but same crap, different AFC north team involved with them. The only common thing is the Steelers are involved again, so that should say something about them, not Garrett, not Burfict, etc etc

Reaction Score
But he didn't. Not picking on you but I really hate when people say stuff like this. How about you punish him for what did happen and not what could've happened. I say 6 games and a heavy fine should suffice.

You read my post to suggest that suspending him until the end of the season would have been appropriate had he killed someone on the field? I would think that might be a little lenient. Rest of the season is legit based on what actually happened.

Reaction Score
You read my post to suggest that suspending him until the end of the season would have been appropriate had he killed someone on the field? I would think that might be a little lenient. Rest of the season is legit based on what actually happened.
No. Im saying he should be punished for what he did not what might have happened. If that were the case then a long prison sentence would be in order.

Reaction Score
If you get into a shouting match, or even a fight where you are shoving and I'm shoving then we should be kicked out of the party, bar or club for acting like idiots. But when you pick up an object and use it as an assault weapon you have moved the conversation to a completely different level. All players involved should receive some punishment, Rudolph included, but Garret, especially given his history, will be getting off lightly if he is only suspended for the remainder of the season.

Reaction Score
Really. So maybe we should have World Wars every twenty or thirty years so we can clean our psyche. I don't make it a point to post negative reviews but I'll make an exception in your case. I can only hope you were joking but if you were not you might want to go down to the station a catch a bus to reality.

Reaction Score
If you get into a shouting match, or even a fight where you are shoving and I'm shoving then we should be kicked out of the party, bar or club for acting like idiots. But when you pick up an object and use it as an assault weapon you have moved the conversation to a completely different level. All players involved should receive some punishment, Rudolph included, but Garret, especially given his history, will be getting off lightly if he is only suspended for the remainder of the season.

Who says that will be the case, social media will take over the decision making in all of this and the NFL will cave to it.

Reaction Score
Really. So maybe we should have World Wars every twenty or thirty years so we can clean our psyche.

Now your taking it too far, I was keeping it at a level of sports, guess what whether people like to admit it or not there is violence in football it is ugly, and always will be. Fights like this used to occur at training camps all the time, of course I dont condone what Garrett did and he should have a lengthy suspension.

Reaction Score
Pouncey owes Garrett a Christmas card. In a normal situation a player kicking another player in the head would have people outraged and would be the lead story with people calling for Pouncey to have a prolonged suspension. Because of what Garrett did, Pouncey's assault became secondary. He got off easy.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
My second concussion in life happened just like this. Got into a dispute at practice, I pushed the kid, the kid swung his helmet and knocked me out. Immediate knockout with a trip to the ER. I knew nothing. Missed the game that weekend. Out for a week. It happens. That’s all I got.

Reaction Score
Pouncey owes Garrett a Christmas card. In a normal situation a player kicking another player in the head would have people outraged and would be the lead story with people calling for Pouncey to have a prolonged suspension. Because of what Garrett did, Pouncey's assault became secondary. He got off easy.

Yeah, Pouncey is just as dirty, hes from the Urban Meyer school of class, and btw he was one of AH boyz, dont wanna get too OT though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now if Dennis Rodman kicked a camera man in the nuts in 2019 would he have been suspended for the season probably, because of social media.

Reaction Score
No. Im saying he should be punished for what he did not what might have happened. If that were the case then a long prison sentence would be in order.

Again, I didn't say anything about punishing him for what might have happened. I made an observation about what might have happened. Two independent thoughts.

Reaction Score
Watch the play again, Garrett wrapped Rudolph up as soon as he released the ball and brought him down, even giving him a pretty soft landing...Rudolph takes umbrage to still being wrapped up and tries to rip off Garrett's helmet to the point of it being halfway off the back of his head, only thing keeping the helmet on is the chin strap didn't break...Garrett then rips Rudolph's helmet off almost lifting him off the ground.

Garrett is going to be suspended for the rest of the year but Rudolph got his helmet ripped off because he tried to rip off Garrett's.

There are two lessons here, don't try and rip off the helmet of someone who has the strength to rip your head off and don't ever use a helmet as a weapon.

A soft landing? He had rendered Rudolph useless in the play with his full clutch, yet was determined to bring him all the way down...and didn't try to make it a soft landing. Rudolph was trying to keep his feet, since they were clearly out of the play by then, and it appears, thought Garrett would let up by that late in the play. When he didn't, Rudolph reacted to it...and it was very understandable. Maybe a bit excessive, but not even close to how flagrant Garrett's actions were. And Garrett, did two very excessive things by literally ripping the helmet off and then, slamming it on Rudolph's head. No excuse for either of those and not even close to being equivalent. Assault is the word that comes to mind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched a YouTube round table
with Shannon Sharpe whose observation that when you take off a helmet and strike another player , its no longer a ESPN story but a CNN story and that reflects negatively on the league. They had to suspend him the minimum of the this season.plus big dollar fines.
He rightly pointed out that the punishment must not only be punitive but strong enough to be preventative.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Now if Dennis Rodman kicked a camera man in the nuts in 2019 would he have been suspended for the season probably, because of social media.
You realize this website is social media?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom