OT Myles Garrett | The Boneyard

OT Myles Garrett

Reaction Score
Should he be suspended yeah, and will take the lead in the story for being the one to swing the helmet and being the bigger guy, but I wouldn't call Mason
Rudolph innocent either, he actually did try to take Garret's helmet off and twisted it and was pretty stupid to get into a brawl with a guy twice his side when his own lineman were protecting him, and the situation probably wouldve been diffused. Not defending what Garret did but I dont like how the general public and media have the say in a suspension.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should he be suspended yeah, and will take the lead in the story for being the one to swing the helmet and being the bigger guy, but I wouldn't call Kyle
Rudolph innocent either, he actually did try to take Garret's helmet off and twisted it and was pretty stupid to get into a brawl with a guy twice his side when his own lineman were protecting him, and the situation probably wouldve been diffused. Not defending what Garret did but I dont like how the general public and media have the say in a suspension.

I know you're not doing this but ripping someone's helmet off is a FAR cry from what Garrett did. I don't think anyone is sitting here assuming that had Rudolph gotten Garrett's helmet off he would have taken it and bashed Garrett in the head with it. Also not sure I agree that the media have a say in the suspension. It was basically a foregone conclusion at that point that he would be out at least through the rest of the season. Not sure the public reaction changes that at all.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Should he be suspended yeah, and will take the lead in the story for being the one to swing the helmet and being the bigger guy, but I wouldn't call Kyle

But Kyle Rudolph was innocent! He didn’t do anything at all! Mason Rudolph on the other hand;)

Reaction Score
Rudolph kicked him in the n*+$. But it doesn't really matter what Rudolph did.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Roudolph seemed to have his fingers/hand stuck in Garrett’s face mask and kind of panicked trying to get it out. Garrett thought he was ripping off his helmet which is why he reacted like that. But even if that wasn’t the case it was a fairly typical football scrum that would have just resulted in penalties until the helmet came off and was used as a weapon.

I thought all the suspensions were fair except for Pouncey’s. 3 games seems excessive given the fact he was basically defending Roudolph. It was suggested that Garrett be criminally charged and/or kicked out of the league that is way too excessive. Criminal charges would set a terrible precedent.

Reaction Score
Should he be suspended yeah, and will take the lead in the story for being the one to swing the helmet and being the bigger guy, but I wouldn't call Mason
It’s the nfl. They always bend to public sentiment. Rudolph is a clown. Garret shud definitely get a few Games for sure but I heard Rudolph kicked him in the balls like a little b*^%#. Not condoning the helmet thing but in heat of moment cud see how guys wud snap sometimes. Media making it out to be like he murdered someone. Even after garret fell to ground he didn’t even fight back like he realized immediately he effed up. People calling fir a lifetime ban. Lol.

Reaction Score
It’s the nfl. They always bend to public sentiment. Rudolph is a clown. Garret shud definitely get a few Games for sure but I heard Rudolph kicked him in the balls like a little b*^%#. Not condoning the helmet thing but in heat of moment cud see how guys wud snap sometimes. Media making it out to be like he murdered someone. Even after garret fell to ground he didn’t even fight back like he realized immediately he effed up. People calling fir a lifetime ban. Lol.

Hitting him with the helmet is a big deal, and should be treated as such. A few games doesn't do that, and Garrett's punishment shouldn't be reduced because Rudolph instigated. But Rudolph should be suspended as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think using a player's helmet against them and hitting a helmetless player in the head with a helmet is wrong.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Disgusting night. Between Garrett’s stunt and the Browns DB’s head shots on Juju/Diontae, it was just an ugly game.

I don’t understand anyone trying to blame Mason. Garrett wrapped him up after the ball was out, spun him down, and remained engaged. He didn’t “start” anything. He shouldn’t have gone for his helmet, but that stuff happens in a scrum fairly often. Had it ended there, you flag both for unsportsmanlike and move along.

The 3 games for Pouncey is a joke, as well. He should get one for the kick to the head as, for however justified it was, you just can’t do that but 3 is a total overreaction. He’s appealing, so my guess is it comes down to 2 games but that still keeps him out of the CLE game in 2 weeks which is unfortunate on several levels.

Reaction Score
Disgusting night. Between Garrett’s stunt and the Browns DB’s head shots on Juju/Diontae, it was just an ugly game.

I don’t understand anyone trying to blame Mason. Garrett wrapped him up after the ball was out, spun him down, and remained engaged. He didn’t “start” anything. He shouldn’t have gone for his helmet, but that stuff happens in a scrum fairly often. Had it ended there, you flag both for unsportsmanlike and move along.

The 3 games for Pouncey is a joke, as well. He should get one for the kick to the head as, for however justified it was, you just can’t do that but 3 is a total overreaction. He’s appealing, so my guess is it comes down to 2 games but that still keeps him out of the CLE game in 2 weeks which is unfortunate on several levels.
You say Mason Rudolph didn't start anything and then you say he shouldn't have gone for his helmet. Of course Rudolph didn't deserve to have his head bashed in with his own helmet and Garrett should probably get suspended the rest of the season but Rudolph pulling Garrett's helmet halfway off his head obviously started it. People are giving Mason Rudolph s*** for kicking Garrett in the nuts which is silly, Garett lifted him up and pulled Rudolph's helmet off and Rudolph used his leg to push off because he was getting worked over.

Reaction Score
Dude's wires crossed. It happens. If he had only dropped the helmet . . . Rest of the season seems legit to me. That's a big strong man and he could have easily caved Rudolph's dome in had he caught him right.

In his defense, Mason Rudolph has an intensely punchable vibe going on.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
You say Mason Rudolph didn't start anything and then you say he shouldn't have gone for his helmet. Of course Rudolph didn't deserve to have his head bashed in with his own helmet and Garrett should probably get suspended the rest of the season but Rudolph pulling Garrett's helmet halfway off his head obviously started it. People are giving Mason Rudolph s*** for kicking Garrett in the nuts which is silly, Garett lifted him up and pulled Rudolph's helmet off and Rudolph used his leg to push off because he was getting worked over.

Garrett wrapped him up and spun him down long after the ball was out, which is what started it. Saying that Mason shouldn’t have pulled on his helmet doesn’t equate to saying that he lit the initial fuse.

In any event, I’m fine with Garrett getting the rest of the year off. I’m hoping this settles down before the next game as we have enough issues without worrying about looking to even the score

Reaction Score
Rudolph started it?? Are we talking about the same play?? LOL Garrett mauled him and didn't let up, even well after the ball was gone and with the QB pinned under him. Rudolph was in a defenseless position and tried to defend himself however he could, he wasn't initiating anything. Trying to grab or kick to defend oneself is what you do when you're in that position. His actions were reactionary while Garrett's actions were pure thuggery and he deserves whatever punishment the NFL gives him beyond just being out the rest of this season.

Reaction Score
Dude's wires crossed. It happens. If he had only dropped the helmet . . . Rest of the season seems legit to me. That's a big strong man and he could have easily caved Rudolph's dome in had he caught him right.

In his defense, Mason Rudolph has an intensely punchable vibe going on.
HUGE face

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Garret did what he did to Rudolph off a football he’d be facing serious assault charges. Nothing that happens during a game is bad enough to rip off a football helmet and use it as a weapon like that. He should consider himself very lucky he didn’t really connect and kill him.

Reaction Score
Rudolph started it?? Are we talking about the same play?? LOL Garrett mauled him and didn't let up, even well after the ball was gone and with the QB pinned under him. Rudolph was in a defenseless position and tried to defend himself however he could, he wasn't initiating anything. Trying to grab or kick to defend oneself is what you do when you're in that position. His actions were reactionary while Garrett's actions were pure thuggery and he deserves whatever punishment the NFL gives him beyond just being out the rest of this season.
Watch the play again, Garrett wrapped Rudolph up as soon as he released the ball and brought him down, even giving him a pretty soft landing...Rudolph takes umbrage to still being wrapped up and tries to rip off Garrett's helmet to the point of it being halfway off the back of his head, only thing keeping the helmet on is the chin strap didn't break...Garrett then rips Rudolph's helmet off almost lifting him off the ground.

Garrett is going to be suspended for the rest of the year but Rudolph got his helmet ripped off because he tried to rip off Garrett's.

There are two lessons here, don't try and rip off the helmet of someone who has the strength to rip your head off and don't ever use a helmet as a weapon.

Watch "Myles Garrett hits Mason Rudolph with helmet! Browns vs Steelers. Full video" on YouTube

Reaction Score
After seeing that, I am just more and more blessed that Bouknight ran from the cops instead of confronting.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I had Garrett suspended until Easter...

And pouncey at 3 games....

But Rudolph should’ve also gotten a game for his pull on the helmet. That wasn’t exactly clean.

Reaction Score
Watch the play again, Garrett wrapped Rudolph up as soon as he released the ball and brought him down, even giving him a pretty soft landing...Rudolph takes umbrage to still being wrapped up and tries to rip off Garrett's helmet to the point of it being halfway off the back of his head, only thing keeping the helmet on is the chin strap didn't break...Garrett then rips Rudolph's helmet off almost lifting him off the ground.

Garrett is going to be suspended for the rest of the year but Rudolph got his helmet ripped off because he tried to rip off Garrett's.

There are two lessons here, don't try and rip off the helmet of someone who has the strength to rip your head off and don't ever use a helmet as a weapon.

Watch "Myles Garrett hits Mason Rudolph with helmet! Browns vs Steelers. Full video" on YouTube

Well yes I guess you could say there are two lessons, but one far outweighs the other. What Rudolph did is the heat of the game, happens multiple times each game, what Garrett did is assault.

Reaction Score
I do look at both sides of the fence I have watched some Browns games this year and Garrett is on a level on Nadamakung Sue, dirty something like this was bound to happen, and you got 2 completely undisciplined teams. I dont blame Rudolph for reacting in the moment but to charge at Garrett was just stupid as a qb you gotta protect your career and quite possibly your life these Dline could kill you , there is no way Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes ever get involved in a scuffle with a Dlineman, especially without a helmet.

Reaction Score
That's a big strong man and he could have easily caved Rudolph's dome in had he caught him right.
But he didn't. Not picking on you but I really hate when people say stuff like this. How about you punish him for what did happen and not what could've happened. I say 6 games and a heavy fine should suffice.

Reaction Score
Personally I like seeing fights and the game of football was meant to dirty with mud and blood on your jersey. The game was cleaned up back in the day when Teddy Roosevelt demanded it to be, because guys were dying on the field. This is real football to me of course the situation did escalate, of course if the liberal media and casual fans, doesn't like something rules get changed constantly. Believe it or not a moderate level of stress and violence is important for a healthy human psyche.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom