OT: my new diet | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: my new diet

Reaction Score
Lmao most useless link ever. There were dozens of legitimate research from at least the American Journal of Cardiology. I didn’t see any references in that article. Are they referencing the kind of bad research my video talks about? That is, studying sick populations who already have high cholesterol scores and will necessarily appreciate a lesser increase in cholesterol level with increased intake, than will someone who started off with a healthy level (140 or lower).

Edit yup here it is. “Normal” for a Westerner is not objectively healthy. So when you take a person who statistically is within a normal range around a mean level, even if that median level still places people at risk for heart disease, their cholesterol levels won’t go much higher with more intake. But if you take an objectively healthy person and do the same, the change is significant

Please just watch the video so you know first of all what kinds of studies are appropriate for investigating diet and heart health. Stop deluding yourself with bad research.

Have a good one

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lettuce is just a terrible vegetable in general. You're much better off with spinach
Tomatoes are ripening daily. Lady Hans brought home the bacon. Just missing one ingredient...
IMG_20180804_183742616.jpg
(Photo from newly opened Farmer's India Market in Orange)

Reaction Score
Lmao most useless link ever. There were dozens of legitimate research from at least the American Journal of Cardiology. I didn’t see any references in that article. Are they referencing the kind of bad research my video talks about? That is, studying sick populations who already have high cholesterol scores and will necessarily appreciate a lesser increase in cholesterol level with increased intake, than will someone who started off with a healthy level (140 or lower).

Edit yup here it is. “Normal” for a Westerner is not objectively healthy. So when you take a person who statistically is within a normal range around a mean level, even if that median level still places people at risk for heart disease, their cholesterol levels won’t go much higher with more intake. But if you take an objectively healthy person and do the same, the change is significant

Please just watch the video so you know first of all what kinds of studies are appropriate for investigating diet and heart health. Stop deluding yourself with bad research.

Have a good one
Holy , you actually did post a Vegan Gains video. This is amazing, you just may have become my favorite poster.

Yep, your Vegan Gains video is a better source than the Cleveland Clinic.

Vegan Boy never disappoints!

Reaction Score
Need a re-fill on my water here.

And tell the bartender they did a great job on the drink.
I remember you saying you lift. Really hope you get all your lifting advice from Vegan Gains too, you'll be benching 135 lbs. in no time.

That's so awesome that your source on all this stuff is a mentally ill virgin who gets in fights on youtube.

Also knew Rocko was one of those people who goes to the bar and only orders water.

Reaction Score
Holy , you actually did post a Vegan Gains video. This is amazing, you just may have become my favorite poster.

Yep, your Vegan Gains video is a better source than the Cleveland Clinic.

Vegan Boy never disappoints!
Dude references actual articles from the American Journal of Cardiology.

Whatever, stick to being willfully ignorant

Reaction Score
I remember you saying you lift. Really hope you get all your lifting advice from Vegan Gains too, you'll be benching 135 lbs. in no time.

That's so awesome that your source on all this stuff is a mentally ill virgin who gets in fights on youtube.

Also knew Rocko was one of those people who goes to the bar and only orders water.
Lmao says the guy who can’t even pull his body weight for reps

Reaction Score
Yep, that's me. Bench press is a push exercise.
Congratulations on knowing at least that. Unfortunately I wasn't talking about your bench. I guess I over-estimated you as a lifter, given just about anyone I know who has been at it seriously for more than a few months knows that what you "pull" is what you deadlift. Incredibly common term in the lifting world.

lol you're at best some aging gym bro. Plenty of curls and leg extensions, right? Maybe some hernia-inducing DB rows here and there?

Reaction Score
Congratulations on knowing at least that. Unfortunately I wasn't talking about your bench. I guess I over-estimated you as a lifter, given just about anyone I know who has been at it seriously for more than a few months knows that what you "pull" is what you deadlift. Incredibly common term in the lifting world.

lol you're at best some aging gym bro. Plenty of curls and leg extensions, right? Maybe some hernia-inducing DB rows here and there?
lol, you're flailing all over the place.

Lmao says the guy who can’t even pull his body weight for reps

Reaction Score
Dude references actual articles from the American Journal of Cardiology.

Whatever, stick to being willfully ignorant

The American Journal of Cardiology is beholden to The producers of Statin Drugs, which lower LDL. The goal of all of the research to find a drug that raises HDL failed. Then they realized that the billions of research dollars produced a drug that lowers LDL. Then LDL became "bad". Somehow, studies like Framingham resulted in statements like the following:

"Cholesterol had been linked to cardiovascular disease by the early 20th century through animal and autopsy studies.71,72 Ancel Keys described elevated levels of cholesterol among coronary heart disease patients. In 1977, Gordon and other Framingham investigators reported an inverse relationship between HDL concentrations and coronary heart disease incidence, in contrast to the positive association between LDL concentrations and coronary heart disease incidence."

The study showed that people with high levels of LDL lived longer. Then, 9 years after the study and soon after a Japanese scientist isolated the first statin, LDL became bad. $18-20 Billion per year in sales of Statins will tend to change the research results.

LDL is necessary for a wide range of bodily functions.

Since 1987, I've spent about equal time as vegan or vegetarian. Two years ago, my MD told me to increase my intake of saturated fat. My HDL and Basal Body Temp have gone up to healthier levels. My BP and weight are down to healthy levels.

Reaction Score
The American Journal of Cardiology is beholden to The producers of Statin Drugs, which lower LDL. The goal of all of the research to find a drug that raises HDL failed. Then they realized that the billions of research dollars produced a drug that lowers LDL. Then LDL became "bad". Somehow, studies like Framingham resulted in statements like the following:

"Cholesterol had been linked to cardiovascular disease by the early 20th century through animal and autopsy studies.71,72 Ancel Keys described elevated levels of cholesterol among coronary heart disease patients. In 1977, Gordon and other Framingham investigators reported an inverse relationship between HDL concentrations and coronary heart disease incidence, in contrast to the positive association between LDL concentrations and coronary heart disease incidence."

The study showed that people with high levels of LDL lived longer. Then, 9 years after the study and soon after a Japanese scientist isolated the first statin, LDL became bad. $18-20 Billion per year in sales of Statins will tend to change the research results.

LDL is necessary for a wide range of bodily functions.

Since 1987, I've spent about equal time as vegan or vegetarian. Two years ago, my MD told me to increase my intake of saturated fat. My HDL and Basal Body Temp have gone up to healthier levels. My BP and weight are down to healthy levels.
That’s all great, and I’ll grant that much research is at least tinged with skewed results and conclusions that align with financial contributions.

I’m getting the sense that you’re building this point that that journal will produce research that will lead to continued profits for Statin. But then why are they also producing all this research that indicates that actually you can just maintain healthy levels through diet (as you did with your doctor)? Wouldn’t that all be undermining their business?

I don’t think anyone ever said your LDL should be zero.

And let’s not stick to this one journal. Many other peer-reviewed journals are referenced throughout the content I’ve linked. Watch for yourself if you like

Reaction Score
That’s all great, and I’ll grant that much research is at least tinged with skewed results and conclusions that align with financial contributions.

I’m getting the sense that you’re building this point that that journal will produce research that will lead to continued profits for Statin. But then why are they also producing all this research that indicates that actually you can just maintain healthy levels through diet (as you did with your doctor)? Wouldn’t that all be undermining their business?

I don’t think anyone ever said your LDL should be zero.

And let’s not stick to this one journal. Many other peer-reviewed journals are referenced throughout the content I’ve linked. Watch for yourself if you like

There is overwhelming evidence that most people are incapable of following a healthy diet/lifestyle. Also, too much unhealthy food is believed to be healthy. Doctors are mostly clueless about what is healthy. So, they write the prescription, after the diet that they recommend does nothing.

The body produces more LDL to heal damage caused by inflammation. The Paleo and Ketogenic diets discourage recent agricultural additions to diet that cause inflammation (and are thought to be healthy). These are grains, high fructose fruits, especially consumed out-of-season, foods loaded with omega-6. Factory-farmed animal products are worse than those consuming a natural diet. Cows eat grass, Chickens eat bugs.

I bake without using grains. I use oils from Avocado, Flax, Macadamia, Olive and Coconut/MCT. I sweeten with low Glycemic erythritol or stevia.

An early 60's Harvard study contained evidence that sugar is the primary cause of heart disease and bladder cancer. Recently discovered documents showed that researchers were bribed to state that saturated fat is the culprit:
sugar heart disease research - Bing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom