OT: my new diet | The Boneyard

OT: my new diet

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
well my new new diet. I've been on a diet for 8.5 weeks and doing well ( about 40 lbs so far) But it's been torture and tedious. So much calorie counting and figuring out protein/carb/fat ratios. Hate it. And tiny portions. Yuck.

This is a diet however that I can get behind to break the monotony and shock my body into further loss.

Lol@ vegans

You lose @Rocktheworld . Time for a steak, bro.
They mock vegans and eat 4lb of steak a day: meet 'carnivore dieters'

Reaction Score
The carnivore diet is interesting. Like any other diet there are pros and cons and it varies from person to person.

I'm not sure I agree with any diet that is that restrictive, though. Your diet should be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix

August_West

Reaction Score
The carnivore diet is interesting. Like any other diet there are pros and cons and it varies from person to person.

I'm not sure I agree with any diet that is that restrictive, though. Your diet should be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix

I could eat Ribeyes everyday for the rest of my life. No sweat.

Reaction Score
well my new new diet. I've been on a diet for 8.5 weeks and doing well ( about 40 lbs so far) But it's been torture and tedious. So much calorie counting and figuring out protein/carb/fat ratios. Hate it. And tiny portions. Yuck.

This is a diet however that I can get behind to break the monotony and shock my body into further loss.

Lol@ vegans

I salute your success because it’s one of the most difficult things to do. Our bodies are designed to preserve our flesh for times of starvation, goesback to the cavemen. And it’s tougher than ever because of the great things available ready to go. Going to Costco now for samples....

Reaction Score

Lol@ vegans

Bitcoin carnivores, August_West and the Winkledorks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great job @August_West. I only managed to lose 30 over 8 weeks on a similar diet. Need to re-up and lose another 20-25.

Reaction Score
I think I permanently screwed up my body doing keto, which this is a variation of.

Reaction Score
I think I permanently screwed up my body doing keto, which this is a variation of.

I have friends that screwed themselves up for a long time after going vegan. They eventually got better. It just takes time to readjust.

It's interesting that Keto might have caused it, though. A lot of nutritionists will have you switch to Keto if you're having problems.

Reaction Score
Do you mind elaborating? I did hardcore Keto for about 8-10 weeks. Don't feel anything adverse after having finished it.

I have developed a strong sensitivity to eating simple carbs that has lasted 8 months after going keto. I was never this way prior to going keto. Now I am resigned to a life of eating super healthy and the only type of bread for instance that doesn't bother me is sprouted bread. Which sucks because my favorite foods are pizza and hamburgers.

Reaction Score
I have developed a strong sensitivity to eating simple carbs that has lasted 8 months after going keto. I was never this way prior to going keto. Now I am resigned to a life of eating super healthy and the only type of bread for instance that doesn't bother me is sprouted bread. Which sucks because my favorite foods are pizza and hamburgers.
have you tried sourdough?

Reaction Score
That stinks, I would imagine it's reversible though. Keto diet just like all these other fad diets is not good for you. I don't know why people try so hard to complicate something that should be so easy.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score

Ketogenic diets promote different gut microbe populations than do diets with more digestible carbohydrates. You may need to consume some prebiotics, perhaps inulin, and slowly add more vegetables with starch. If that doesn't work, fecal transplants often have good success, as long as you feed the new gut microbes what they need.

Reaction Score
That stinks, I would imagine it's reversible though. Keto diet just like all these other fad diets is not good for you. I don't know why people try so hard to complicate something that should be so easy.
most of these diets are not inherently good or inherently bad. the problem is that they are not one size fits all. some peoples bodies react well to Keto, some respond well the vegetarianism, some respond well to the carnivore diet, etc. One person might be fine being vegetarian while someone else might get sick and lose all of their energy following the same diet.

Reaction Score
Ketogenic diets promote different gut microbe populations than do diets with more digestible carbohydrates. You may need to consume some prebiotics, perhaps inulin, and slowly add more vegetables with starch. If that doesn't work, fecal transplants often have good success, as long as you feed the new gut microbes what they need.

Well I would rather just avoid the foods that bother me than get a fecal transplant! But this seems like good advice.

Reaction Score
most of these diets are not inherently good or inherently bad. the problem is that they are not one size fits all. some peoples bodies react well to Keto, some respond well the vegetarianism, some respond well to the carnivore diet, etc. One person might be fine being vegetarian while someone else might get sick and lose all of their energy following the same diet.
Eating just meats and processed foods isn't good for you, eating just plants isn't good for you, focusing on just one food group isn't good for you. There may be some people this works for but by in large this stuff isn't good for you and is really hard to maintain.

It's fairly simple, the best diet is a balanced diet. Whether it's 2 or 3 big meals or 6 or so smaller meals throughout the day if it's good food you're going to be pretty healthy, balance is everything. Have steak but outside of splurges limit it to small portions of steak with healthful sides. A pretty easy rule is try and eat as many foods as you can that spoil. If it's coming out of a can or box it probably isn't any good for you.

If you have food allergies, celiac disease, lactose intolerance etc. that's different but some people just seem to want to convince themselves they have these issues just like some want to convince themselves a diet of only bacon is good for them.

Reaction Score
Eating just meats and processed foods isn't good for you, eating just plants isn't good for you, focusing on just one food group isn't good for you. There may be some people this works for but by in large this stuff isn't good for you and is really hard to maintain.

It's fairly simple, the best diet is a balanced diet. Whether it's 2 or 3 big meals or 6 or so smaller meals throughout the day if it's good food you're going to be pretty healthy, balance is everything. Have steak but outside of splurges limit it to small portions of steak with healthful sides. A pretty easy rule is try and eat as many foods as you can that spoil. If it's coming out of a can or box it probably isn't any good for you.

If you have food allergies, celiac disease, lactose intolerance etc. that's different but some people just seem to want to convince themselves they have these issues just like some want to convince themselves a diet of only bacon is good for them.
I can't say I disagree. the diets do work for some people, though, which is why they become popular.

August_West

Reaction Score
What diet are you on @August_West ? Those are awesome results-congrats!
It's really simple.

I eat 6 times a day ( breakfast , am snack, lunch, aft snack , dinner , even snack) total around 1200 calories. somedays a little more somedays a little less.
Over the course of all the eating those 1200 calories try to get 40% of Cal's from protein , 40% from "healthy carbs" ( no white flours or Rice's or refined sugars, ) and 20% from fats.

And the crazy thing is I havent been excercising! I was doing some walking at first even with a bad knee and Achilles , but then was in ER last week with an umbilical hernia so they've shutdown all physical activity until I get on the table and cut in a couple weeks and I'm still losing. Crazy thing is saw the surgeon this week and he told me my hernia popped so extreme because I've lost so much weight. I said " what do you want me to do leave here and go to Arby's for a porkkbelly sandwich" ? He said no but said I gotta get cut.

But yeah this diet working well I'm used to it . But man I'm ready to cut loose. But I want to lose another 40.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
It's very possible @August_West weighed 600 lbs from having eaten only turkey with ketchup all these years, in which case in 8.5 weeks it would be relatively easy to lose 40 lbs.
Started at 275 trying to get to 195

And I say this with as much shame as I can convey. I've been forced to eat turkey quite a few times on this diet.

Reaction Score
It's really simple.

I eat 6 times a day ( breakfast , am snack, lunch, aft snack , dinner , even snack) total around 1200 calories. somedays a little more somedays a little less.
Over the course of all the eating those 1200 calories try to get 40% of Cal's from protein , 40% from "healthy carbs" ( no white flours or Rice's or refined sugars, ) and 20% from fats.

And the crazy thing is I havent been excercising! I was doing some walking at first even with a bad knee and Achilles , but then was in ER last week with an umbilical hernia so they've shutdown all physical activity until I get on the table and cut in a couple weeks and I'm still losing. Crazy thing is saw the surgeon this week and he told me my hernia popped so extreme because I've lost so much weight. I said " what do you want me to do leave here and go to Arby's for a porkkbelly sandwich" ? He said no but said I gotta get cut.

But yeah this diet working well I'm used to it . But man I'm ready to cut loose. But I want to lose another 40.
That's a great way of eating and losing weight, it's balanced. You are just eating a lot less calories than you used to and are still eating foods you like but just less of it. Best part about it is it should be a way of eating you can maintain.

Your first trip back to Arby's you may want to call ahead and warn them. Sucks about the hernia but great work losing all that weight.

What do you weigh now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom