OT: my new diet | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: my new diet

Reaction Score
The Vegetable Industrial Complex is telling you lies. I don't get my nutrtitional information from vegan warriors.
Those vegan gains though...

Reaction Score
Care to refute?
“We need cholesterol for survival” yet people who eat nothing but plants have better life expectancy and lower rates of all major chronic conditions than do those who consume the standard Western diet

I only have so great a motivational capacity to walk you through and explain away your inept critical thinking skills

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Vegetable Industrial Complex.
2/10

Edit it amazes me that you are all woke on big pharma but the meat and dairy industries have evaded your radar

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“We need cholesterol for survival” yet people who eat nothing but plants have better life expectancy than those who consume the standard Western diet

I only have so great a capacity to walk you through and explain away your inept critical thinking skills
Holy moly, our bodies produce most of our cholesterol.

Walk me through it???? You don't even have the rudimentary understanding of what you're talking about. It's hard to comprehend how you could be so ignorant about something and yet so confident.

Of course we need cholesterol for survival.

Reaction Score
Holy moly, our bodies produce most of our cholesterol.
Right, via the liver, which is sufficient itself. Hence no need for dietary cholesterol. Thanks.

Respond if you want but I don’t care to continue this. This will not end up being productive.

This all stemmed from me responding to a comment that suggested that something that is near-universally recommended in moderation can somehow be healthier than something you could eat with literally every meal.

Reaction Score
Right, via the liver, which is sufficient itself. Hence no need for dietary cholesterol. Thanks.

Respond if you want but I don’t care to continue this. This will not end up being productive.

This all stemmed from me responding to a comment that suggested that something that is near-universally recommended in moderation can somehow be healthier than something you could eat with literally every meal.
Personally I think that we paint nutrition with too broad of a brush. I think there are people that can eat red meat at every meal and it will be good for them, and others that should only eat red meat a couple times per week.

Reaction Score
Personally I think that we paint nutrition with too broad of a brush. I think there are people that can eat red meat at every meal and it will be good for them, and others that should only eat red meat a couple times per week.
Ahhh gotta love anecdotes

My grandpa smoked a pack a day for 50 years and he’s doing great at 84! I guess we paint pulmonology with too broad a brush. I think there are people that can just let em rip and some who should just have a couple with some buddies on the course

Reaction Score
I post-
We need cholesterol for survival.

For most people dietary cholesterol has no impact on their heart health.

Basically everything in balance and moderation is good for you.

How on earth is any of that not true? Why does that get an "Lol. Okay, pal response."

Reaction Score
Ahhh gotta love anecdotes

My grandpa smoked a pack a day for 50 years and he’s doing great at 84! I guess we paint pulmonology with too broad a brush. I think there are people that can just let em rip and some who should just have a couple with some buddies on the course
well, no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I think some peoples bodies, due to genetics and other variables, do a better job of processing certain foods compared to others.

Reaction Score
Down 10 pounds in 4 weeks. Had been pretty into lifting, slacked badly for the past year, still ate that bulking diet. Trying to get a lean enough bf% for that beach body, then after summer start a slow bulk. Goal at the beginning was to lose 15 pounds and then reevaluate. Going more by mirror than anything.

I have myfitnesspal set to 1900 calories per day, most days I go 200-300 short of that. Lifting 4-5 days a week, cardio 6-7 days a week, switching between a high intensity 15 minute session or a moderate intensity 25 minutes. Only stuff I completely cut out diet wise is deserts, and snacks that are completely useless for you. Besides that its pretty flexible, just focused on planning ahead for me. Most days its small, low calorie meals all day. If I'm really craving take out or something with some extra calories for a meal, make sure I eat a little less the other meals. If I'm going to have a few beers, just make sure I'm absolutely perfect with food that day, and maybe do some extra cardio. Just been about having some balance and not making any terrible choices that can wipe away days of gains

Reaction Score
Down 10 pounds in 4 weeks. Had been pretty into lifting, slacked badly for the past year, still ate that bulking diet. Trying to get a lean enough bf% for that beach body, then after summer start a slow bulk. Goal at the beginning was to lose 15 pounds and then reevaluate. Going more by mirror than anything.

I have myfitnesspal set to 1900 calories per day, most days I go 200-300 short of that. Lifting 4-5 days a week, cardio 6-7 days a week, switching between a high intensity 15 minute session or a moderate intensity 25 minutes. Only stuff I completely cut out diet wise is deserts, and snacks that are completely useless for you. Besides that its pretty flexible, just focused on planning ahead for me. Most days its small, low calorie meals all day. If I'm really craving take out or something with some extra calories for a meal, make sure I eat a little less the other meals. If I'm going to have a few beers, just make sure I'm absolutely perfect with food that day, and maybe do some extra cardio. Just been about having some balance and not making any terrible choices that can wipe away days of gains
Congrats on your start! Now you’re heading into what I always consider the hardest part. The second month, after the “I gotta do this” adrenaline rush. It’s good that you have some medium and longer term goals.

I’m at 4 months. Just hit 40 pounds. 9 more to go. I’ve lost my cravings, but I know they can come back at any time. I’m not a weight training guy traditionally, but I’ve done some lifting and I’ve enjoyed it and I think it’s helped.

Reaction Score
“We need cholesterol for survival” yet people who eat nothing but plants have better life expectancy and lower rates of all major chronic conditions than do those who consume the standard Western diet
What is a purported "standard Western diet"?

Reaction Score
What is a purported "standard Western diet"?
Western pattern diet - Wikipedia

That was hard

Edit lmao just look at the highlighted health concerns: Obesity, IBD, Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease (which further contributes to stroke, and along with obesity and diabetes contributes to circulatory disroders)... are any of those associated with consumption of a plant-based diet?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amazing, vegetarians/vegans don't die from heart disease and cancer. Learn something new here every day!

Reaction Score
Such an overly generalized, under informed perspective of the widely-diverse western diets was expected. The western world's sort of big, its' vast array of cuisines massively diverse, and dietary compositions not nearly so simplified to reasonably define in one narrow minded pattern, but hey it's a Wikipedia link. :rolleyes:
I don’t think it’s that diverse, and I don’t think the generalization was unfounded. If you want to argue crap diets from other regions are just as bad that’s one thing. But your average Westerner is absolutely eating way too much (red) meat; way too much dairy; way too much processed sugar and carbs; and not nearly enough vegetables or fiber.

Didn’t think I’d need a wiki link for you to see that but here we are. Just helping where I can.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The one thing lost in this thread, and other critics of the paleo diet, is that very few people do it to extend their life. They do it because they either feel like crap, and/or want to lose weight.

Many who keep with the diet say they feel better, have more energy, and did lose weight. They may very well have had the same results simply by swapping out they crap they had been eating for a vegan diet.

My guess is a balanced diet of a little bit of both diets, is best. But stick with whatever works.

For me, I had to go vegan, or vegetarian, depending on the definition. I was looking at kidney failure, had gout and felt like crap all day, every day.

After a couple months, my kidney function improved, and the gout attacks have been less often.

Nothing works for everyone, but giving up meat (still eat one steak a month, and it is glorious) and confident food worked for me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For most people dietary cholesterol has no impact on their heart health.
Abject lie. I’ll leave this and step back out of another stupid and fruitless exchange. Maybe you’ll post some sources one of these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom