OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
February-12-2012-18-29-49-atempt.jpg

Reaction Score
Roy was better than Fullmer for sure and probably Hagler but that would have been an interesting fight.
Their are a bunch of great Middleweight and supermiddleweight boxers in history.
One of the richest Divisions traditional.
Did anyone ever see Carlos Monzon fight.
He held the title for Seven years. Considered by many right near Sugar Ray in the Pantheon of Middleweight greats. But there are so many good ones.
In the 1920-60's boxing in the U.S. was pretty much the only sport for a poor kid to accumulate any wealth. The talent pool was huge.

The Monzon comment led me to do some research. I stumbled upon this guy (before my time) from mutual opponents. Jorge JoseFernandez.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=5810&cat=boxer

First of all, Argentina had a ton of class fighters back then. Secondly, look at the sheer volume of fights!!! OMG!!! He fights Emile Griffith to a split decision loss in June of 1960, then has the rematch in JULY 8 weeks later! These guys were warriors.

Here's what happened after the first fight: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:18851

Reaction Score
C'mon pal are you kidding me? I am far from a saint I admit it. But I have never hit or even THOUGHT of hitting a woman. Have you? My guess is you've been there and you've turned it around - well congrats. I for one would never forgive even my brother if he laid out his wife. But hey, you have your own opinion keep it going.:eek:
I never hit a woman either, never would. So you thought wrong. I think you would forgive your brother. Are you saying that you would never speak to him again? If so that's BS. People forgive pedophiles, rapists and murderers, and your telling me you wouldn't forgive your brother for hitting a woman... BS... If it was my brother, I would probably hit him, then get him some help. I would forgive him. Anybody that says they would not, must be without sin. Hypocrite. You say that you are far from a saint but then have the nerve to hold something against your brother. Stop lying, your looking for brownie points.

Reaction Score
The Monzon comment led me to do some research. I stumbled upon this guy (before my time) from mutual opponents. Jorge JoseFernandez.

First of all, Argentina had a ton of class fighters back then. Secondly, look at the sheer volume of fights!!! OMG!!! He fights Emile Griffith to a split decision loss in June of 1960, then has the rematch in JULY 8 weeks later! These guys were warriors.

Here's what happened after the first fight: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:18851
I'll have to check him out.
Not a bigot. Its the truth. Not speaking on every black person just the ones that you hear saying those same bs excuses.
Which ones in particular are you referring to?

Reaction Score
I loved Quwi . I think he was about 5'6 or 5'7
He was a tough little guy . He gave Evander all he could handle.
The Knock that Archie was an old man when he lost to Rocky and Floyd is ridicules
He just hit his stride in his late thirties winning the Iightheavy title for the first time
In 1954
it was a tough division post war ,he was one of many in the crowd.
He then was knocked out by Rocky and Floyd in 1955 ,one might say at the peak of his career.
He retained the light heavyweight belt until stripped in the sixties
He fought Ali in 1963 yes he was over the hill when he fought Ali
By the way the Great Ezzard Charles although he actually never won the light heavyweight title is considered by Ring the greatest light heavy of all time he campaigned for years at that weight but the politics of Boxing kept him from winning it. He got his title shot as a heavy weight.
Moore was beaten by Charles a couple of times. At 175
Heavyweights of that era were typically 185-200lbs not a stretch for a 175 pounder.
What about Mathew Saad Muhammad? Wasn't he a heavyweight?

Reaction Score
While there are some people who undoubtedly dislike Mayweather because he's black, there are far, far more who dislike him because he is a serial and unrepentant abuser of women. And calling people in the latter category "bigots" just makes it clear that you have nothing to say.
Well how can you tell the difference between the two?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for someone to win the argument.

Reaction Score

The note at the end of the article ,about a match with BennyParet was eerie.

Griffin fought a famous trilogy against Paret which was very vicious and personal which ultimately resulted in Parets tragic death. Paret was hurt but was hung up on the ropes and couldn't go down.
I think the ref was very slow to respond to how hurt the Kid was.
(His fighting name was Benny Kid Paret)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Crazy stuff ; starts with a boxing event then goes off the rails. Been. Here long enough to never be surprised by anything posted. Make the peace.

Reaction Score
Crazy stuff ; starts with a boxing event then goes off the rails. Been. Here long enough to never be surprised by anything posted. Make the peace.
Welcome to The Boneyard. :)

Reaction Score
Your trying to reason with a Flomo. There is no reasoning with this blind ignorant fan base. lets hope this infection that has invaded the boneyard goes away and doesnt attract any more of his pathetic ilk.

In his defense I don't see what he does out of the ring drags into what happened in the actual fight and any thoughts purely related to this fight/Manny's 'injury'/potential rematch/potential new opponents for Floyd in Sept.

Beating women is bad. Don't need 10+ pages to debate that, and thanks to ESPN (and potentially Floyd's own team) deciding to heel him and his actions from a few years ago up, there's not a single person in here that doesn't know his history. Let's talk some boxing, boys.

Reaction Score
Is that supposed to mean something?

Stephen A. embarrassed himself with that d___riding nonsense last week. "Oooh, Floyd, can I sit in the Bugatti?"

Not to mention the race-baiting from a couple weeks back with Brady not going to the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom