OT: Mayweather vs. McGregor | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather vs. McGregor

Reaction Score
@MadDogRevival The press conferences will be far more entertaining than the real fight. I don't know how Conor will approach this fight, but he tends to be a counter puncher against superior strikers, which Floyd obviously is. And Floyd prefers to be a counterpuncher because nobody on the planet has his combination of hand speed, punch accuracy, and head movement. I think this is a terrible fight in the ring. The lead up will be fun to watch though.

Enjoy having that debate with yourself. Literally nobody argued it wasn't.

It's almost like you think I said Conor has a good chance at winning, when I've said the opposite. I've admitted Conor could get caught off balance and knocked down sure. If he gets knocked out, I'd be surprised. I just think you overrate Floyd's power and underrate Conor's chin.

But we both agree Floyd has all the tools to dismantle him, and to do so pretty easily, so I'm really not sure why you chose to respond to my first post with so much snark. I should have taken the high road the first time and not responded in kind. It's made both of us into d|cks.

No worries man. I respect Conor as an MMA fighter and don't think Floyd necessarily destroys him with 1 shot. Just think Floyd will continue landing clean straight lead + counter rights and at some point Conor/ref will decide he's had enough.

Reaction Score
No worries man. I respect Conor as an MMA fighter and don't think Floyd necessarily destroys him with 1 shot. Just think Floyd will continue landing clean straight lead + counter rights and at some point Conor/ref will decide he's had enough.

Or he baits Connor into not protecting his body and he lands a devastating body blow that brings him to his knees. Mma guys have no clue the accuracy boxers have for landing punches and body blows can be worse than getting hit in the head

Reaction Score
Or he baits Connor into not protecting his body and he lands a devastating body blow that brings him to his knees. Mma guys have no clue the accuracy boxers have for landing punches and body blows can be worse than getting hit in the head

That could work also. Floyd doesn't normally work the body much because he can usually land clean rights to the head so I guess I'm just assuming there. I figure the fight goes 4-6 rounds and Conor ends up taking enough of a beating that somebody just ends it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not sure if I'll buy it but I'm looking forward to it. There is no doubt in my mind that it's an easy win for PBF. That said, the guy is not a power puncher and McGregor can take punches. I would imagine that the best chance for a stoppage is that McGregor gets exhausted in the late rounds. PBF would get annihilated in the octagon, McGregor is going to have the same fate in the ring.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not sure if I'll buy it but I'm looking forward to it. There is no doubt in my mind that it's an easy win for PBF. That said, the guy is not a power puncher and McGregor can take punches. I would imagine that the best chance for a stoppage is that McGregor gets exhausted in the late rounds. PBF would get annihilated in the octagon, McGregor is going to have the same fate in the ring.

Would Mayweather, if he won, agree to a rematch in McGregor's sport?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I never quite understood the point of a fight with so many rules. No weapons, fine. And I'm ok with no biting off body parts, and leaving the eyeballs alone. Other than that, it's not a fight if you have to wear padded gloves and can't kick someone in the baby makers.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Would Mayweather, if he won, agree to a rematch in McGregor's sport?
If the money was right I think he would. Chances are he'd get taken down and submitted in under 2 minutes. If he's going to pocket another $100+ million, why the hell not? It's not going to tarnish his legacy. He can try to dance his way to an unlikely win, but no shame in pocketing that kind of cash either way.

Reaction Score
If the money was right I think he would. Chances are he'd get taken down and submitted in under 2 minutes. If he's going to pocket another $100+ million, why the hell not? It's not going to tarnish his legacy. He can try to dance his way to an unlikely win, but no shame in pocketing that kind of cash either way.

I think mayweathers ego is too great for that. Himself is the only thing he loves more than money.

Reaction Score

A longshot he would accept but it would be interesting if you gave Floyd 6 months of training and 6 months to get a couple of MMA warmups behind him. Then 4-6 months to study up on McGregor and ???

huskypantz

Reaction Score
A longshot he would accept but it would be interesting if you gave Floyd 6 months of training and 6 months to get a couple of MMA warmups behind him. Then 4-6 months to study up on McGregor and ???
It would be fun to see. He's not going to become a BJJ blackbelt and likely wouldn't throw any kicks (as they'd make him susceptible to takedowns). He'd go through some basic grappling, takedown defense, learn the cage, rules and smaller gloves. If he was a power puncher he'd have a much better chance but he won't grind out a decision in MMA so that lessens his odds.

Reaction Score
As foolish as the notion is that McG is going to give Floyd a run in the boxing ring, the notion that a 40 year old Floyd could get in an MMA ring is 10x more foolish. His duck and run and counter technique would result in him getting kicked to death.

Reaction Score
No he wouldnt. There is no circumstance that floyd fights in the octagon under mma rules. floyd is very protective of his brand and that brand is based on an air of invincibility. Also the fight wouldnt last two minutes itd be more like 30 seconds or so unless floyd literally ran for 2 minutes. Floyd would not be able to stop a take down, defend a clinch or once on the ground defend against submissions. Itd be like james toney v Couture all over again.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Mcgregor can take mayweathers best. But I doubt mayweather can take mcgregors.not gonna be a great fight because the boxers will spend most of the fight doing what makes boxing so boring.dancing around the ring then holding onto each other. They go in and bang hard early mayweathers done.the further it goes the fight favors mayweather.

Reaction Score
Mcgregor can take mayweathers best. But I doubt mayweather can take mcgregors.not gonna be a great fight because the boxers will spend most of the fight doing what makes boxing so boring.dancing around the ring then holding onto each other. They go in and bang hard early mayweathers done.the further it goes the fight favors mayweather.

Possibly the worst take on this fight I've seen.

Floyd can literally beat Connor with 1 hand tied behind his back. This fight is like LeBron playing a mid level d1 bball player 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
Pacquiao would kill him. I seriously don't understand the appeal of this McGregor Mayweather nonsense. It would be like Bryce Harper challenging Lebron to a game of one on one.
Truth. Although, I would say it would be more like Harper trying to play cricket against the top team in the world. It is a sport similar enough to imagine his skillset might instantly translate, but different enough that he couldn't go straight against top level competition without ever having...you know...played it before!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Possibly the worst take on this fight I've seen.

Floyd can literally beat Connor with 1 hand tied behind his back. This fight is like LeBron playing a mid level d1 bball player 1 on 1.

Lol you are nuts. Mayweather doesn't have the power to do that.

Reaction Score

What an awful take. You really are downplaying the incredibly massive skill discrepancy at work here. They're going to stand and bang and Floyd's going to get knocked out? By what, the breeze from all the missed shots?

Reaction Score
What an awful take. You really are downplaying the incredibly massive skill discrepancy at work here. They're going to stand and bang and Floyd's going to get knocked out? By what, the breeze from all the missed shots?

I think there's going to be a round or 2 where Conor won't land a single punch. Floyd will just make a point of letting him throw and look foolish missing everything.

Reaction Score
I am a lifelong fan of Boxing and I admire Mayweather's abilities in the ring. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for this fight. In fact, I would have to be talked into it for $20. I applaud all involved for putting the pay-per-view heist together. The press conferences will be high quality entertainment. The fight will be very exciting for 90 seconds. In that 90 seconds, CM will need to throw everything he has at Floyd and pray for a miracle. The miracle will not arrive and he will spend the better part of 11 rounds being beaten and humbled. Okay, maybe I will buy the fight.

I doubt GGG vs. Canelo will be much better (if it happens, which I still doubt).

Reaction Score
I am a lifelong fan of Boxing and I admire Mayweather's abilities in the ring. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for this fight. In fact, I would have to be talked into it for $20. I applaud all involved for putting the pay-per-view heist together. The press conferences will be high quality entertainment. The fight will be very exciting for 90 seconds. In that 90 seconds, CM will need to throw everything he has at Floyd and pray for a miracle. The miracle will not arrive and he will spend the better part of 11 rounds being beaten and humbled. Okay, maybe I will buy the fight.

I doubt GGG vs. Canelo will be much better (if it happens, which I still doubt).
lol @ GGG vs Canelo not being much better than Floyd vs McG, the boxing takes on this board are something to behold. Not even sure why you still keep pushing this agenda that Canelo won't show up, pre-sale tickets just went on sale, they're in the midst of a press tour, the fight is happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom