OT: Mayweather vs. McGregor | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather vs. McGregor

Reaction Score
The legions of suckers will be spending bank renting this to watch Mayweather run away from McGregor all night and still win. Can't wait.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
What a s-show this is gonna be.

Reaction Score
I don't think Floyd is going to be running away from McGregor. I'm actually excited for it and will watch it at a bar and will enjoy the humiliation.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the pre-fight fight at the press conference.

My friend and I have been hoping for this for some time. We're going to throw a massive party. I could care less what happens in the fight, although it would be epic if McG pulled off the massive upset.

Would love it for McG to win and then fight Mike Tyson. Battle of the bad tattoos. hahaha.

YES!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unlike most Mayweather matches, this one seems like it might have some entertainment value. I don't think it will go the distance.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I actually wanted to see Pacquiao vs McGregor. Two hitters slugging it out.

Reaction Score
Mcgregor isn't a great boxer even at the mma level, so I'm thinking this is an easy win #50 for Floyd. What a monster event regardless though

Reaction Score
Pacquiao would kill him. I seriously don't understand the appeal of this McGregor Mayweather nonsense. It would be like Bryce Harper challenging Lebron to a game of one on one.
Yeah, McGregor is gonna get smoked.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pacquiao would kill him. I seriously don't understand the appeal of this McGregor Mayweather nonsense. It would be like Bryce Harper challenging Lebron to a game of one on one.

I know it would be great!

C

chiller99.5

Whoever purchases any ppv with a fire stick costing $30 is questionable...hell get some guys you dont like to chip in $10 each to watch

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually wanted to see Pacquiao vs McGregor. Two hitters slugging it out.

McGregor would not make it back to his corner after the opening bell.

Mayweather might let him hang around for a while.

Professional sports are nothing but entertainment. If nothing else, this has some entertainment value.

I suspect that will end right after the fight starts when one guy doesn't have a prayer of hitting the other guy and the other guy lands every single punch he throws. I expect McGregor to simply collapse in exhaustion.

Reaction Score
Mayweather will win every round easily by running around, dodging McGregor and countering him to death. He won't actually knock him out or down because a) Mayweather doesn't have that much power and b) McGregor has a decent chin when getting hit with smaller MMA gloves, so the boxing gloves will feel like getting hit with a pillow.

This thing is a farce, but the "fans" apparently demanded it.

Floyd is a boxer, best ever pound for pound thanks to his incredible quickness. This will be one of the easier wins in his career.

Were Floyd to step in the octagon with McGregor, he would be taken to the mat and dismantled before Joe Rogan could take his first bong hit.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be funny if McGregor throws off his gloves and just mmas Mayweather not caring if he gets dqed

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be funny if McGregor throws off his gloves and just mmas Mayweather not caring if he gets dqed
I thought about that. It would have to be quick... like a kick to the head. Otherwise they'd pull him off Mayweather quickly. Then the lawyer in me realized that it would be assault and battery.

It's kind of like when the Northstar CITs pantsed the Mohawk CITs after realizing they had no shot in their basketball game.

Reaction Score
There should be plenty of cheap free entertainment leading up to the fight though..

Reaction Score
Floyd loves money he may throw the fight just to allow this to be a trilogy.

He's not ruining his perfect record.
No money in the world would cause him to sacrifice perfection

Reaction Score
The legions of suckers will be spending bank renting this to watch Mayweather run away from McGregor all night and still win. Can't wait.

Why would Floyd need to run? He could end the fight literally any time he wants.

Mayweather will win every round easily by running around, dodging McGregor and countering him to death. He won't actually knock him out or down because a) Mayweather doesn't have that much power and b) McGregor has a decent chin when getting hit with smaller MMA gloves, so the boxing gloves will feel like getting hit with a pillow.

This thing is a farce, but the "fans" apparently demanded it.

Floyd is a boxer, best ever pound for pound thanks to his incredible quickness. This will be one of the easier wins in his career.

Were Floyd to step in the octagon with McGregor, he would be taken to the mat and dismantled before Joe Rogan could take his first bong hit.

Your "take" leaves out the fact that the technical prowess among even the best punchers in MMA is stupidly far below the level of any top boxer. Floyd doesn't KO other professional boxers primarily due to the style he fights, he doesn't have GGG level 1 punch power but he has better power than his KO ratio would indicate. Floyd will be landing clean shots at will and probably scores a knockdown or 2 just from Conor having sub par footwork (even if he's not badly hurt).

That being said I'm still going to watch. Wouldn't consider spending a dime to watch though.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I would only pay if it was an MMA fight. Mayweather hasn't knocked anyone out in years. He does what he has to do to take home the winner's check and not an iota more than that. Not from a knockout point of view, but this fight is going to be more anti-climactic than Tyson-Spinks.

Reaction Score
Sadly MMA does NOT = boxing prowess and McG is not a pure boxer and he is going against possibly the best counter punch in the history of boxing, as well as how he times his punches. This will be competitive for a single round, somewhat interesting for another 1 or 2 and then most likely a demolition shortly after. I'd be shocked if this goes to even a 5th round.

MMA and boxing are two totally different sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom