OT: Masters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back to the Masters itself, my three picks are still viable.

Rose is -3
Matsuyama -1
Oosthiuzen E

Leaderboard is packed with the British Isles.

Scott and Fowler are all done.

Bubba, DJ, Day and Phil are hanging on by a thread.

Would love to see Tom Watson make the cut for his self-declared final Masters.

Reaction Score
Back to the Masters itself, my three picks are still viable.

Rose is -3
Matsuyama -1
Oosthiuzen E

Leaderboard is packed with the British Isles.

Scott and Fowler are all done.

Bubba, DJ, Day and Phil are hanging on by a thread.

Would love to see Tom Watson make the cut for his self-declared final Masters.

Have 2 pools one with Rickie as my A pooler - DONE

The other is Jason Day and #16 will more than likely haunt him although he can fight back. Long day today I'm guessing with the wind down there so that board could change dramatically.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have 2 pools one with Rickie as my A pooler - DONE

The other is Jason Day and #16 will more than likely haunt him although he can fight back. Long day today I'm guessing with the wind down there so that board could change dramatically.

Rickie's cooked. Sunk money there you ain't getting back.

I think Day's done as far as winning. He can still pull off the "back door cover" and post 3 rounds in the 60's and still finish top 10.

Reaction Score
Rickie's cooked. Sunk money there you ain't getting back.

I think Day's done as far as winning. He can still pull off the "back door cover" and post 3 rounds in the 60's and still finish top 10.

No he can't LOL Maybe 2 rounds goo news they're all coming back to the field, never know

Reaction Score
According to him no need to play with different length irons, so he plays with all the same-length irons.
When I was first playing, I often wondered why they just didn't have one iron with a head that could be hand-ratcheted into 10 or so different angles. Must be a reason.

Reaction Score
Speith is a cold blooded killer who brings it when it matters. I absolutely adore that characteristic in an athlete.

Reaction Score
When I was first playing, I often wondered why they just didn't have one iron with a head that could be hand-ratcheted into 10 or so different angles. Must be a reason.

I played with a set like that before a friends wedding about 20 years ago. Strange feel. Not what you want if you are used to forged clubs, but actually had it figured out somewhat by the end of round. Sure a google search would yield results.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

$.

Why buy one iron when they can force you to buy 10?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Interesting day - tough sledding for most with only 4 guys in red figures for the day and only 7 under par for the two days.

Phil and Ricky go boom. Bubba on the ropes with Oost and Scott. Rose (+2), Koepka and Day (+1 ) long shots need to move on moving day. I can see DJ (E) having a great Saturday and 1st 9 Sunday to get close - but betting on him is like picking Pitt to the final four as a one or 2 seed.

You really have to think it will be a dog fight between Rory and Jordon - I would be surprised to see anyone else win. Whoever picked Masuyama (-1) good call. But I just don't see him getting there.

If it is Rory or Jordon, they will have won 5 of the last seven majors between the two of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, my Masters sucked ass today. We drew Kinsler as a pro and he did his job. Shot 72 today. My partner and I couldn't hit a wedge or make a putt. But it was low 70's and a cool breeze.

This was my view this afternoon.

IMG_20160408_195504.jpg

Reaction Score
I"M playing in a tournament tomorrow. Two man scramble and a blind draw with one of the players at Augusta.

Total score is player's Friday round + your scramble score.

Pre-round Lunch is pimento cheese or egg salad sandwich, iced tea, lemonade. Dinner afterwards is from 3-4 of the Champions Dinner menus.

Always a fun Friday. Every stays at clubhouse until last round is posted at Augusta.
I'd need to drink my lunch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I was given a Divnick 20-some years ago. It made for an interesting conversation when I carried it as my 14th club and could create any wedge angle I wanted (or a 2-iron if needed). But it wasn't a great clubhead for a wedge.

Reaction Score
Well, my Masters sucked ass today. We drew Kinsler as a pro and he did his job. Shot 72 today. My partner and I couldn't hit a wedge or make a putt. But it was low 70's and a cool breeze.

This was my view this afternoon.

View attachment 13070

Lost Key? That's my go to when I'm down there. They should change the name to Lost Ball. Tough track.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lost Key? That's my go to when I'm down there. They should change the name to Lost Ball. Tough track.

Lost Key is nice. This one was on the course at the Navy base, AC Read.

And yes, Lost Ball is correct for Lost Key. I would have shot 110 on that course the way I hit the ball today.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Figured we might as well get a thread going on The Masters.

Predictions? Thoughts?

Liking Bubba and Phil this week.
Stick with your day job! :)
In a Majors pool. Pick three each major can't use same golfer twice. Points are what the player earnings for said tourney.

I took Louis Oo. Rose. And my left handed partner in this pool had a feeling sbout Phil...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Draftkings is especially fun for majors if you enjoy following golf. Rooting for Koepka and Rose this weekend
Agreed!!
In 7000th place out of 200,000 entires and none missed cut!!
I need Horschel and Poulter to play big yesterday with their low draft % - didn't happen. Still have hopes!
Ite
image.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Spieth and McIlroy. We saw Day and Spieth at last year's PGA but haven't had a chance to see a healthy McIlroy go head to head with Spieth.

I'm heading out to do a Tough Mudder run this morning. Rest of the weekend is sofa and Masters on TV.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All of those of you in pools or drafts, hope for the back door wins. You need one of your players to shoot a couple of 69-70 scores over the weekend to sneak in a Top 3 or 5.

So many big names missed the cut or are 8-10 strokes off the lead

If the wind stays true, there aren't going to be a bunch of 66-68 rounds out there. Shooting 1-2 strokes better than field average can rocket a player up the leader board.

Reaction Score
Speith is a cold blooded killer who brings it when it matters. I absolutely adore that characteristic in an athlete.

I like Speith he's a good kid no doubt and mostly likable while being a damn good player. "cold blooded killer"? Only Tiger was that I'm afraid, these young guns are really good but they aren't that type of closers, not consistently enough to be labeled as such.

Gonna be a fun weekend for sure.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I like Speith he's a good kid no doubt and mostly likable while being a damn good player. "cold blooded killer"? Only Tiger was that I'm afraid, these young guns are really good but they aren't that type of closers, not consistently enough to be labeled as such.

Gona be a fun weekend for sure.
You changed your avatar...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
All those names we tossed around and nobody had Langer? Or Kaufman? How can you not pull for a guy named Smylie?

Can't believe in complete control and Spieth drops 3 shots in the final two holes. Stupid.

Day and Johnson are definitely in it now.

Still think Spieth pulls it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3