OT - M. Carter-Williams Non-Arrest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - M. Carter-Williams Non-Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Kemba Walker didnt open a book during his entire Uconn tenure...not only did your **** school graduate him he did so in 3 years.

You made an account on this board, waited however long to get it activated, then comment back on stuff that makes your school seem better. Yup, it worked. Oh wait...

caw

Reaction Score
.....And UConn fans collectively harbor delusions and traits of your average paranoid schizophrenic....where they are as innocent as choirboys and everyone from the NCAA to ESPN is out to get them.

Congrats, you just described every collective fanbase ever.

Examples of paranoid:

"Nice, now we have to report on people who weren't arrested because they didn't do anything. I hate the Internet."

"...every ESPN expert, like Jason King in a chat today, says it is hard to tell how good we are because we 'haven't played anyone.'"

"Funny how the PS sits on the Bernie Fine story for years, but now reports on rumors circulating on twitter."

"Syracuse top cop 'Fine Guilty Until Proven Innocent'" which was followed by: "Guarantee you see this running across ESPN's bottom-line for at least a portion of the day."

Examples of delusional:

"I'd say 4 sure fire pros

MCW
Rak
Grant
Coleman

I see 2 more who will get a shot
Cooney (4 years of what we saw yesterday and he moves up to the sure fire group, maybe he should be there right now)
JS (that shot and that height will earn a long look at least)

Fair has a very effective college game, not sure that it translates to the next level, but who knows."

"MCW is the best college point guard I have seen since.......Magic Johnson"

"Trevor Cooney: He can drain the outside shot, (ignore the rough start: that's ancient history already). He can dunk with both hands. He's great at playing the passing lanes. He's a basketball palyer, not just a shooter. He'll be an All-American if he stays here 3-4 years and will have a definate shot at the league."

Kemba Walker didn't open a book during his entire UConn tenure...not only did your **** school graduate him he did so in 3 years.

So many grammatical mistakes and factual ones.

Kemba said he didn't finish a book, which is vastly different from not opening a book, but let's not get started with academics with Fab Melo being on your team the past two years.

Ahhh I still remember some (most) saying he A) was better than Drummond and B) would be better than Drummond in the NBA.

Reaction Score
This is false.

“You can write that. It is the first book I’ve ever read.”

-Kemba Walker, student athlete.

Uconn barely registers as a legit university. No wonder you've been passed over in expansion by the TCU's and Rutgers of the world.

Reaction Score
"
Kemba said he didn't finish a book, which is vastly different from not opening a book, but let's not get started with academics with Fab Melo being on your team the past two years.

LOL.

Oh he didnt FINISH a book? that changes everything.

caw

Reaction Score
LOL.

It could when you are talking about college and college texts. I was a double major in math, physics with a minor in philosophy so I didn't read a single book in my majors or minor cover to cover.

I don't think anyone did, professors at my college never went cover to cover in those subjects.

caw

Reaction Score
LOL.

BTW if that's all you pulled out of my post, you seriously are just a troll.

Reaction Score

Uconn barely registers as a legit university. No wonder you've been passed over in expansion by the TCU's and Rutgers of the world.

It's higher ranked than Syracuse. Harder to get into. Higher SAT scores. This must mean that Syracuse is the dregs (as your education here proves).

And yes, it's pretty typical that students would not read books cover-to-cover. In most cases, it's not required. At the high school level these days, students get excerpts of novels in textbooks. They rarely get entire books. This is called a national common core.

I think this is all lamentable, but even at the college level, the vast majority do not read entire books. I know as researchers, not even grad students or faculty read books cover-to-cover unless they're reading novels.

Reaction Score
It could when you are talking about college and college texts. I was a double major in math, physics with a minor in philosophy so I didn't read a single book in my majors or minor cover to cover.

I don't think anyone did, professors at my college never went cover to cover in those subjects.

Even in English, we don't, unless we're reading novels. It's not what research requires. We often discuss chapters of texts.

caw

Reaction Score
This shouldn't be veering off course as the Cuse poster would like.

This thread is about MCW "the best PG since Magic Johnson" stealing from a mall in upstate NY.

Leading the country in steals, indeed.

I imagine the student section will be all over him, thief that he is. Just scum.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

lol barely registers as a legit university. I guess that's why it's ranked higher than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
we've won 2 rings since cuses last one . More everything . More pros . Imo better academics . He isn't trolling might just be inept. using that kemba quote says it all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, I'm mildly surprised that they have Lord & Taylor up there.

I would have guessed Kohl's would have been the high water mark for those people.

Second, eh, so the kid got away with one.

Good for Syracuse for knowing whose strings to pull. Everybody wins - the store manager can call in a favor from his new Uncle Jimmy, the kid survives with rep intact and everybody avoids some paperwork.

But, let's call a spade a spade - that kid gets perp-walked by the Conn State Troopers.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Ok, you can just cut that psycho babble bull**** your mom tells you."

Go to the Lville Scout board and save me the verbal diarrhea you picked up in Psych 101 in college.

I take it you've never seen the movie Young Fankenstein. I was laughing at myself as much as anyone on this board if you understood the references.

No pscho babble on my part. I just enjoy trying to understand human behavior. My observations are purely subjective. My mom, may she rest in peace, did not provide me with any background on this subject. My interest developed in my early 40's and had to do with why so many people wait until problems develop before reacting and then convince themselves they were not part of the problem nor had an advanced warning. I got interested in the subject because I had personally advised many people on lots of occasions about developing problems. It was fascinating how often and how many people had selective amnesia.

I have no interest in going over to the Louisville board. My interest is UConn and I'm comfortable in my own skin not to concern myself what other people say. Louisville doesn't interest me. I get everything I need regarding anonymous interaction from The Boneyard. I learn a lot from some posters, I laugh with and sometimes at (mostly to myself) other posters. And I reflect on the way various people say things. Occasionally I'll respond to a poster directly with the intent of guiding that poster away from self destruction. Occasionally I'll put my 2 cents in about the behavior of players.

Some people love this because, like myself, they are interested in figuring out what makes people tick. Many are uncomfortable with this and the one primary theory I have about this is that many of us don't want to reflect on our flaws. If we don't acknowledge them maybe they don't exist or aren't really a problem. Usually I defer to the majority. But not in this instance. Understanding human behavior is paramount if we want to correct all the atrocities that are going on in the world. Not understanding it would be the equivalent of having someone trying to fix a car who doesn't even know what a car does and never worked with machines.

I believe the operative word that triggered your response was my use of the word "jerks". It was hyperbole only to support the rest of the paragraph. If you need to feel better, I have no problem stating you are not a jerk and I am. There is nothing wrong with people being jerks. In no way do I feel superior to anyone else. There are many people in these forums I respect as more knowledgeable than myself over a plethora of subjects. But that's the way the dice were rolled. I contribute what I can.

Reaction Score
This thread::rolleyes:

images

Reaction Score
Syracuse: all the benefits of a large state school at a private school price!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you can read a 300 page book and stop after 299 pages. That doesn't count as reading a whole book.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
"it's his private business"..."I've got to respect that".
Why JB what an outstanding leader of young men you are!
The integrity, the discipline...it's awe-inspiring...certainly not need for even a minor team suspension or reprimand!

Disgusting!

Reaction Score
This thread::rolleyes:

images

Actually the funny thing DocBom is the purple little face is the same one that Boeheim makes after what he perceives to be a bad call.......and now he is making a similar face by saying it's okay to leave Lord & Taylors with a robe and gloves tucked away in your backpack......."it's a misunderstanding.." LOL............what a piece of he's always swept things under the rug and he can because you're in the middle of nowhere with no media whatsoever........just another highligh in his illustrious career!!

Reaction Score
The laptop case was megaphoned across the expanse of the universe by these Syracuse media types.

Reaction Score
Actually the funny thing DocBom is the purple little face is the same one that Boeheim makes after what he perceives to be a bad call.......and now he is making a similar face by saying it's okay to leave Lord & Taylors with a robe and gloves tucked away in your backpack......."it's a misunderstanding.." LOL............what a piece of he's always swept things under the rug and he can because you're in the middle of nowhere with no media whatsoever........just another highligh in his illustrious career!!
images

Reaction Score

How is it a glass house? When this happens at UConn, it's a national story. It's not swept under a rug. The thefts at UConn are known everywhere. At Syracuse, they sweep drug use under the rug, beating up girls, thefts, and your own internal report found great fault with the way Bobby Davis was treated when he was interviewed in 2004.

UConn, in every instance, did the exact opposite of this stuff. True in the Jerome Dyson/Doug Wiggins weed case, true in the Nate Miles case when he twisted the skin on the forearm of the girl, true in the laptops case, etc. I mean, you guys have former players as chiefs of police, friends of Boeheims as DAs.

Don't deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22