OT Lebron destroying Barkley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Lebron destroying Barkley

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I like both guys, consider myself a HUGE fan of Lebron, but Lebron is right here. Saying things like a guy will NEVER be in the top 5 all time when he's still in his prime is short sighted and frankly a "hater" thing to say, at least let him bring his career to a close and assess it objectively.

Barkley is also notorious for saying things for the sake of stirring up controversy or YouTube clips, he plays the role of the dumb guy well and has embraced it so it almost uses it as his shield when saying ridiculous things. And like @aceboon said just because Barkley was a great player doesn't mean he hasn't had a plethora of idiotic comments and statements about the game analytically speaking.

Reaction Score
He's still beloved. The country loves people who run their mouths; I'm sure you've noticed. For some reason, that's apparently become synonymous with being "honest." I do find Chuck entertaining. He's definitely a clown, but that's the shtick.

This is harsh:

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James told ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying."

LeBron forgot to mention the time when Barkely got pulled over for a DUI and told the officer that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to get a BJ.

Hey, he was in a hurry to meet LeBron. LOL

Reaction Score
Lebron is a 6'8" 260 lb whining little "female dog"

Best example is the fact he didn't do one thing, when his own teammate was having relations with his mom of all people. Grow a sack Lebron
That whining little female dog would destroy you.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a 6'8" 260 lb whining little "female dog"

Best example is the fact he didn't do one thing, when his own teammate was having relations with his mom of all people. Grow a sack Lebron

Say it to his face.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Say it to his face.
When people say things like this I realize how fortunate a guy like Michael Jordan was that the internet and social media didn't exist during his career. The man literally became a billionaire because the media loved him and Nike carefully controlled his image. Nowadays with twitter and instagram everyone is a journalist and everyone is trying to get a rise out of someone famous for "views" and "likes".

If the internet was around in the '90s, people would be saying dumb stuff like calling him a "whiny female dog" because every comment MJ made would be made public. A notorious is worshipped as a saint and godfather of the game, while the second best to ever play it, a revolutionary of the game, and a flat out good dude who has never been in trouble with the law or making a fool of himself in public gets s*** on constantly by idiots like Sammydabiz and Barkley because it's easy and pretty much part of "internet culture"

/rant

Reaction Score
The only things softer than LeBron are his fans. Barkley is 100% accurate with his criticism of lebron. Thy won a title last year and he is whining and crying. He gets very offended when he is called out for his softness. Look at the whole Phil Jackson thing...lebron wouldn't even sit down to talk about it with him as that would require a spine. Mr softie also resorted to personal attacks, where as Barkley never said anything about Bron that didn't have to do with basketball. Let's look at his return to cleveland. He only left Miami as the heat were washed and he wasn't going to win there. What does he do? He goes to a team with a recent number 1 pick then gets another all star. Same crap he pulled in Miami but he gets a pass here because he went back home. Lebron stans will defend him and call me a hater, I already know that's coming. His obsession with being the best is nauseating as he goes about it the wrong way. He is a big baby who cries when he doesn't get his way. A hypocrite who cries to the media when draymond talks trash to him then runs his mouth to curry after dunking over him. He is the ultimate athlete in terms of his size and strength yet still is as soft as charmin.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The only things softer than LeBron are his fans. Barkley is 100% accurate with his criticism of lebron. Thy won a title last year and he is whining and crying. He gets very offended when he is called out for his softness. Look at the whole Phil Jackson thing...lebron wouldn't even sit down to talk about it with him as that would require a spine. Mr softie also resorted to personal attacks, where as Barkley never said anything about Bron that didn't have to do with basketball. Let's look at his return to cleveland. He only left Miami as the heat were washed and he wasn't going to win there. What does he do? He goes to a team with a recent number 1 pick then gets another all star. Same crap he pulled in Miami but he gets a pass here because he went back home. Lebron stans will defend him and call me a hater, I already know that's coming. His obsession with being the best is nauseating as he goes about it the wrong way. He is a big baby who cries when he doesn't get his way. A hypocrite who cries to the media when draymond talks trash to him then runs his mouth to curry after dunking over him. He is the ultimate athlete in terms of his size and strength yet still is as soft as charmin.
Have you ever watched Inside the NBA? I don't think you do based on your post. Saying Barkley never said anything personal is crazy because that's like what Barkley is known for on that show. He probably makes one Lebron hairline joke or something per episode. And that's not me being "soft", I actually love the show for that very reason. Those guys were all great players and have personalities that allow them to make jokes and be funny without coming off as too critical.

Lebron's position in this matter is that Barkley has been saying stuff about him that he claims isn't true, and it's been going on for most of his career. I see nothing wrong with Lebron getting an opportunity to voice his opinion on Barkley when Charles has been doing it on live TV for over a decade. If anything that's far from being soft, I don't really get how that term really applies, he is responding to criticism, he gets a say in this matter too. We forget that the guy is probably the most analyzed athlete of the internet age and from the age of 18 this kid has done nothing but surpass the insane, unrealistic expectations set for him, all without really any major bumps in the road when you compare how the NFL and other leagues major stars are constantly under the microscope over endless domestic abuse and DUI cases and whatnot. Some people simply don't like Lebron for one reason or another, and I've always felt like that dislike from those people is somewhat irrational because besides a few comments and acts that rubbed people the wrong way he really doesn't deserve as much as he gets, I think it's because he's been the best for so long so that brings detractors. Something tells me you fall in that category.

Reaction Score
FWIW, this is the Barkley comment that aceboon's referring to:

“The only problem I had with Kenny’s, umm, open letter was, umm, I don’t think anytime something bad happens in the black community we have to talk about slavery. Listen, slavery is, uh, well, I shouldn’t say one of the worst things ever, because I don’t know anything about it other than what I read or what my grandmother told me.”

This is ignorant, and I'm not going to quibble with anybody who turns the channel when a guy like Barkley comes on; ignorance is ignorance, even when it is dressed up as self-deprecation, and as a white guy I don't re-live the trauma that comments like these ignite. I'm not saying it this way to be diplomatic, I'm saying it this way because it's the only way to say it.

Accountability spills into elitism/classism real quick, though, and if our sensibilities have arisen from sociology textbooks rather than the street, the streets become endangered by a standard that was never meant to be applied universally (incidentally, in an era where the man who does need to abide by those standards - the president - does not, that line becomes muddled). Inside the NBA is not the streets, but the way it is branded - as a return to a simpler, less regulated forum - is inextricable from it's appeal, and as a result five figure suits are re-furnished to fit the casualness of a barbershop.

These comments are fairly innocuous in that context. They would not be innocuous if a white man had said them, but that a white man might think them is wholly relevant to this discussion for the reason that there are likely an a-ton of them who agree with him. And they agree with him because their experiences - or lack thereof - actually, in the most innocent of ways, prevent them from understanding the flaws in their thinking. Charles Barkley's comments were not thoughtful or insightful, but they were natural, and if ignorance cannot see the light of day then who can it ever be captured and reformed?

I am aware that this does not answer anybody directly, but I would offer a few cautionary words to LeBron: Barkley is credible because he is likable. That, along with the fact that he was one of the greatest ever, is literally it. And if you'd allow me to play internet psychologist for a moment, I suspect that LeBron's boiling frustration derives from him often having the opposite problem. He can't figure out why he's less likable than somebody who was not only a worse player than him but also more checkered.

There's a story in there somewhere about LeBron, and how remarkable it is that he is all those things he said he was, despite having every opportunity to act out on the injustice that has plagued his life and career...but it's not his job to tell it.

Reaction Score
He is a drunk, and while I've long stopped watching Inside the NBA because I have no desire to listen to either him or Shaq, Barkley routinely said dumb ish about basketball. Are you fogetting his "jumpshooting teams can't win championships" nonsense? Barkley is a running joke on NBA Twitter for his baksetball opinons. Also, you don't have to be from Baltimore to not like Barkley, if you think he's this beloved character that just lets me know you need to diversify your circle.

Don't people on this board ever get tired of posting dumb like this? There's like 15-20 people that still even post here, and this is how you treat a guy for having a different opinion about an OT subject that isn't even important in the first place?

Reaction Score
I'm siding with Lebron here. Barkley is a jerk. And everything James said is spot on. And I'm not a Lebron guy either.
Charles was 0 for 6 in 2014 & this makes him 0 for 7...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Actually Barkley destroyed Lebron.... as expected. There is a reason the Chuckster is the most popular NBA mind...

Reaction Score
Barkley is correct. Too big for his britches as far as I can read. Maybe he needs another all star team, Lord knows he's trying. He was great last year, leave it alone do your best with what you have and the respect will be there anyway. The constant picture of his disgust with his team and whining to officials is old now. And that's only "highlights" I don't watch him play.

You'll regret that one day. What Lebron does on the basketball court is simply unbelievable.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
When people say things like this I realize how fortunate a guy like Michael Jordan was that the internet and social media didn't exist during his career. The man literally became a billionaire because the media loved him and Nike carefully controlled his image. Nowadays with twitter and instagram everyone is a journalist and everyone is trying to get a rise out of someone famous for "views" and "likes".

If the internet was around in the '90s, people would be saying dumb stuff like calling him a "whiny female dog" because every comment MJ made would be made public. A notorious is worshipped as a saint and godfather of the game, while the second best to ever play it, a revolutionary of the game, and a flat out good dude who has never been in trouble with the law or making a fool of himself in public gets s*** on constantly by idiots like Sammydabiz and Barkley because it's easy and pretty much part of "internet culture"

/rant
Lmao! I love it:cool:

Reaction Score
Don't people on this board ever get tired of posting dumb like this? There's like 15-20 people that still even post here, and this is how you treat a guy for having a different opinion about an OT subject that isn't even important in the first place?
Given the fact that you had a meltdown under your previous screen name and went on a rant filled with insults directed at another poster because his fantasy basketball team got more votes than yours, I don't really think you have much room to talk.

Reaction Score
Hard to hate a guy who claimed he was misquoted in his own autobiography. That one still cracks me up 25 years later....

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Actually Barkley destroyed Lebron.... as expected. There is a reason the Chuckster is the most popular NBA mind...
It's funny that you think you are in the majority in this debacle.

Reaction Score
You'll regret that one day. What Lebron does on the basketball court is simply unbelievable.

Not sure what I will regret? I didn't deny how great he is, he's just changed dramatically as a person. I didn't make anything up.

Reaction Score
Didn't know you and Lebron grew up together and were childhood friends, Mau.

I didn't BU, I go to a hair salon too so not the same barber ever either. He's a different guy, more needy shall I say? Anyone not seeing it, well let's just say they would have a different opinion than I and that's fine.

In the long run I guess most would be different huh? So who cares.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Barkley the way people get on him about not winning a title. That guy played his whole career on crappy teams and then when he finally got to Phoenix, Tom Chambers was over the hill and MJ and Pippen were in their prime. He never had a fair chance. He was a great player and far lesser players take shots at him because he didn't win a title. He was truly elite. It's got to eat him alive.

Geez, I went 18/20 in a free throw contest on a cruise in 1988 and the kid that beat me made 19. The issue was he hadn't made more than 12 of 20 all week as we practiced---but he won the trophy. I still can't take it! Poor Chuck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom