OT Lebron destroying Barkley | The Boneyard

OT Lebron destroying Barkley

Reaction Score
Barkley is correct. Too big for his britches as far as I can read. Maybe he needs another all star team, Lord knows he's trying. He was great last year, leave it alone do your best with what you have and the respect will be there anyway. The constant picture of his disgust with his team and whining to officials is old now. And that's only "highlights" I don't watch him play.

Reaction Score
LOL I remember when Barkley threw the guy through a window, he probably deserved, Barkley spitting on the girl though was effed up though he didnt do it intentionally.

Reaction Score
Lebron just made it personal, not a smart move on his part. Barkley is funny, self-deprecating and beloved he's not the type of guy you want to pick a fight with. I think Barkley will probably let him off the hook but if not he could make Lebron look very bad.

Reaction Score
Lebron just made it personal, not a smart move on his part. Barkley is funny, self-deprecating and beloved he's not the type of guy you want to pick a fight with. I think Barkley will probably let him off the hook but if not he could make Lebron look very bad.

Yeah it wasn't too smart of Lebron to make it personal even though I think he's right. Barkley can get away with making comments as a retired NBA star even though he might be an idiot, Lebron can't get away with making comments as a current NBA star especially this day in age of social media.

Reaction Score
"Beloved"?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good for him. I love that.

I love Barkley too. I think they all should say what's on their minds, in this type of scenario. Good for Lebron for sticking up for himself.

Reaction Score
Yes, beloved.

lol, guess it all depends on where you get your haircut at, that man certainly isn't beloved in any of my circles. Go ask the Baltimore families who lost family members to police violence how beloved he is when he showed up and embarrased himself with that ridiculous Race Card show he's trying to push.

This article pretty much sums up my feelings on Barkley, he's a clown.

Will America ever tire of Charles Barkley’s clumsy act?

Reaction Score
If you're Lebron, you have to expect that some people are going to share Barkley's view of Lebron's career choices. Lebron is taking this too personal. It's a show centered around debate.

Lebron has a habit of picking one or two weeks every year to start a media frenzy. So when he says "I'm tired of biting my tongue. There's a new sheriff in town," it's really just the same sheriff that comes to town every year.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

How can Barkley make Lebron look bad? Lebron is right in his comments that he's been exemplary off the court. There's nothing Barkley can use to make him look bad as far as things off the court.

On the court? Well, Lebron won multiple championships, unlike Barkley. Barkley already (unfairly) took a jab at Lebron not wanting to compete -- that argument has no merit. It's obvious Lebron is a competitor, and it clearly struck a nerve, and he responded. So what?

The worst thing Barkley can say in retaliation is something about Lebron flopping, whining, or crying. And that's all Lebron haters have against him, so Lebron is used to it. There's literally nothing Barkley can say about Lebron that would really get to him, other than what he's already said about his competitiveness (which again, clearly has no merit -- because wanting better pieces for a championship is no way related to not wanting to compete).

I'm glad someone put Barkley in his place. Barkley is only where he is as a commentator and TV personality because he was a former pro. The guy is a terrible basketball analyst. He's in the mold of Stephen A Smith of just saying controversial to get his name in headlines so that people keep watching. Well, here we are... people now are calling you out for those comments, deservedly so.

Reaction Score
lol, guess it all depends on where you get your haircut at, that man certainly isn't beloved in any of my circles. Go ask the Baltimore families who lost family members to police violence how beloeved he is when he showed up and embarrased himself with that ridiculous Race Card show he's trying to push.

http://theundefeated.com/features/charles-barkleys-criticism-of-residents-turn-u gly-at-east-baltimore-church/
Cut my own hair and don't live anywhere near Baltimore so I won't be going there to ask anyone's opinion on Barkley. Sure some people don't like him, that's the case with everyone especially those who are opinionated. Barkley remains one of the most beloved athletes/former athletes I can think of. I don't go to Barkley for his opinions on race but I also don't fault him for voicing them, too many people in this country are scared to even say the word. The article you posted makes some okay points but it's a total Barkley hit piece, going after him on his drinking, calling him the drunk uncle etc. The writer really loses credibility when he goes after Barkley on his knowledge of basketball or lack therof, Barkley has forgotten more about the game than this guy will ever know.

Reaction Score
Cut my own hair and don't live anywhere near Baltimore so I won't be going there to ask anyone's opinion on Barkley. Sure some people don't like him, that's the case with everyone especially those who are opinionated. Barkley remains one of the most beloved athletes/former athletes I can think of. I don't go to Barkley for his opinions on race but I also don't fault him for voicing them, too many people in this country are scared to even say the word. The article you posted makes some okay points but it's a total Barkley hit piece, going after him on his drinking, calling him the drunk uncle etc. The writer really loses credibility when he goes after Barkley on his knowledge of basketball or lack therof, Barkley has forgotten more about the game than this guy will ever know.
He is a drunk, and while I've long stopped watching Inside the NBA because I have no desire to listen to either him or Shaq, Barkley routinely said dumb ish about basketball. Are you fogetting his "jumpshooting teams can't win championships" nonsense? Barkley is a running joke on NBA Twitter for his baksetball opinons. Also, you don't have to be from Baltimore to not like Barkley, if you think he's this beloved character that just lets me know you need to diversify your circle.

Reaction Score
This targeted ad came up because it's a Lebron thread.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 46
Reaction Score
He is a drunk, and while I've long stopped watching Inside the NBA because I have no desire to listen to either him or Shaq, Barkley routinely said dumb ish about basketball. Are you fogetting his "jumpshooting teams can't win championships" nonsense? Barkley is a running joke on NBA Twitter for his baksetball opinons. Also, you don't have to be from Baltimore to not like Barkley, if you think he's this beloved character that just lets me know you need to diversify your circle.
I need to diversify my circle? You really shouldn't go there, you know nothing about me aside from posting on a UConn message board. Barkley has also fogotten more about basketball than you or I know about the gane.

Reaction Score
The next thing that Charles Barkley says that's right will be the first. I don't even think he believes half the things he says

Reaction Score

You have a view so no one else can have their own because of where they get their damn haircut? And you want to be taken seriously. Barkley likes to have fun so he's a drunk? Please.....

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Barkley's a tap-dancing clown.

He's still beloved. The country loves people who run their mouths; I'm sure you've noticed. For some reason, that's apparently become synonymous with being "honest." I do find Chuck entertaining. He's definitely a clown, but that's the shtick.

This is harsh:

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James told ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying."

LeBron forgot to mention the time when Barkely got pulled over for a DUI and told the officer that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to get a BJ.

Reaction Score
Barkley's a tap-dancing clown.
Give me a break with the step and fetch Uncle Tom bulls--t. I can understand you not liking him but it's not cool going down that route because he says things you don't like.

Reaction Score
I didn't see anything wrong with what Charles said. The Cavs do have the highest payroll by over $12 million and LeBron is whining even though he gets anything he wants.

Reaction Score
He's still beloved. The country loves people who run their mouths; I'm sure you've noticed. For some reason, that's apparently become synonymous with being "honest." I do find Chuck entertaining. He's definitely a clown, but that's the shtick.

I don't disagree. I know plenty of people who find him "refreshing" and "honest" and I know just as many people who change the channel when he starts in on his routine. I'm in the latter group. There's room for both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom