OT Lebron destroying Barkley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Lebron destroying Barkley

Reaction Score
I need to diversify my circle? You really shouldn't go there, you know nothing about me aside from posting on a UConn message board. Barkley has also fogotten more about basketball than you or I know about the gane.
Barkley is the same guy who goes on a national radio platform and said Black people deserve to get racially profiled by the police because a lot of Black people are crooks, says on national TV that he can't say for sure slavery was all that bad because he wasn't there, and you think this clown is above being criticized or having articles written on him taking him to task for the buffoon that he is. You gotta get your mind right because you sound crazy right now.

Reaction Score
The constant picture of his disgust with his team and whining to officials is old now. And that's only "highlights" I don't watch him play.

Thank the media for what you consider constant whining to officials and disgust with his team.. When you're the best player on the planet it's the media that tries to leach off of you with the juiciest, mainly bad publicity (negativity sells in our society unfortunately)....

It's not all on Lebron.. Just one comment out of his mouth probably blown up...

If you or I said the same thing nobody would notice...nor criticize..

Reaction Score
Barkley is the same guy who goes on a national radio platform and said Black people deserve to get racially profiled by the police because a lot of Black people are crooks, says on national TV that he can't say for sure slavery was all that bad because he wasn't there, and you think this clown is above being criticized or having articles written on him taking him to task for the buffoon that he is. You gotta get your mind right because you sound crazy right now.

Is Barkley still trying to be the Governor of Alabama.

Reaction Score
I've never heard him say Slavery wasn't all bad. If he said that he's an idiot or had a moment of idiocy, Slavery and the treatment of Native Americans are our two worst sins. If I heard him say something like that I would call him out on it. I just have trouble when someone who says controversial things gets called a minstrel or a House N. Barkley says a lot of bulls--t but he never struck me as anyone's "boy."

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Lebron wants to win multiple championships in Cleveland. If "whining " gets him a good back-up point guard and some more help , so be it. Maybe if Barkley did some "whining" he'd have a championship. I still remember Scottie Pippens criticism of Barkleys work ethic and Desire in Houston.
Pippen Rips `Fat' Barkley

Reaction Score
Lebron wants to win multiple championships in Cleveland. If "whining " gets him a good back-up point guard and some more help , so be it. Maybe if Barkley did some "whining" he'd have a championship. I still remember Scottie Pippens criticism of Barkleys work ethic and Desire in Houston.
Pippen Rips `Fat' Barkley
It just seems like Lebton wants to control everything, I would be a little annoyed if I was Gilbert and Love right now. Gilbert has given him all you could ask for, he wanted to play with other stars Gilbert got him Kyrie and Love. They have the biggest payroll in NBA history.

Reaction Score
Talk about burying the lead with that headline. The "hater" comment is about the 20th most interesting thing about that article. I've never seen LeBron so unhinged, it really shocked me to read some of that stuff.

Barkley's impossible to dislike, if you ask me. If you're going to start railing against anyone who speaks unintelligibly about race or basketball, you're going to have a thin list of people to relate to.

But whatever you do, please don't lump him in with Stephen A. Smith or anybody else who takes themselves way too seriously. He's far more like Bill Walton - occasionally he'll say something that resonates, but if you're going there for insight you're probably doing it wrong. Dudes like that who are larger than life are probably the last people to ask about that stuff.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
It just seems like Lebton wants to control everything, I would be a little annoyed if I was Gilbert and Love right now. Gilbert has given him all you could ask for, he wanted to play with other stars Gilbert got him Kyrie and Love. They have the biggest payroll in NBA history.
Gilbert is supposed to get him other stars to play with. He's not doing Lebron a favor by getting him Love and Kyrie. He's supposed to surround him with superior talent in this age of Super Teams if he wants to win multiple championships. The problem is the injuries with JR and Love.

Reaction Score

And what the hell does any of that have to do with his quotes related to Lebron? You cited him being a drunk in a previous post. Now this?

Why don't you attack his argument instead of his as a person?

Here I'll list his points out to make it easy for you:

"Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above,". Lebron is whiney. This is true

"The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They've given him a lot. maybe not everything. But lebron can do whatever he wants. ill say this is true.

"They have the highest payroll in NBA history." True

"He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him." True again

"He wanted [Iman] Shumpert last summer". Also True

"They brought in Kyle Korver." True

"He's the best player in the world." True

"Does he want all of the good players?" Apparently so

"He don't want to compete?" This is a question not a statement.

"He is an amazing player". True

"They're the defending champs." True

So of all the points Barkley made, every single one is more or less true. Do you disagree with any of this??

On a side note, what Lebron said is also true. Hes never been in trouble off the court and seems like a great family man and dad. That doesn't mean he cant also be whiny. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
And what the hell does any of that have to do with his quotes related to Lebron? You cited him being a drunk in a previous post. Now this?

Why don't you attack his argument instead of his as a person?

Here I'll list his points out to make it easy for you:

"Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above,". Lebron is whiney. This is true

"The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They've given him a lot. maybe not everything. But lebron can do whatever he wants. ill say this is true.

"They have the highest payroll in NBA history." True

"He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him." True again

"He wanted [Iman] Shumpert last summer". Also True

"They brought in Kyle Korver." True

"He's the best player in the world." True

"Does he want all of the good players?" Apparently so

"He don't want to compete?" This is a question not a statement.

"He is an amazing player". True

"They're the defending champs." True

So of all the points Barkley made, every single one is more or less true. Do you disagree with any of this??

On a side note, what Lebron said is also true. Hes never been in trouble off the court and seems like a great family man and dad. That doesn't mean he cant also be whiny. They aren't mutually exclusive.
I could care less about the Lebron vs Barkley debate, superjohn argued that Barkley was some beloved character who is above being criticized in articles and I disagreed, and the stuff that has come out of Barkley's mouth has certainly made him not beloved with anyone in my circle. Follow along with the convo, if you want to get in some silly First Take type debate you can try someone else because that wasn't the discussion we were having.

Reaction Score
Talk about burying the lead with that headline. The "hater" comment is about the 20th most interesting thing about that article. I've never seen LeBron so unhinged, it really shocked me to read some of that stuff.

Barkley's impossible to dislike, if you ask me. If you're going to start railing against anyone who speaks unintelligibly about race or basketball, you're going to have a thin list of people to relate to.

But whatever you do, please don't lump him in with Stephen A. Smith or anybody else who takes themselves way too seriously. He's far more like Bill Walton - occasionally he'll say something that resonates, but if you're going there for insight you're probably doing it wrong. Dudes like that who are larger than life are probably the last people to ask about that stuff.
That's what I was trying to get at. Barkley doesn't take himself seriously, so much so he loves being the brunt of the joke. Lebron is the complete opposite, he's always serious as hell and rarely if ever seems loose enough to have a laugh at himself. Making it personal with Barkley seems like an unwise and melty move.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the Lebron vs Barkley debate, superjohn argued that Barkley was some beloved character who is above being criticized in articles and I disagreed, and the stuff that has come out of Barkley's mouth has certainly made him not beloved with anyone in my circle. Follow along with the convo, if you want to get in some silly First Take type debate you can try someone else because that wasn't the discussion we were having.

Ok, fair point. But you were engaged in a pretty silly argument in the first place. Maybe beloved isn't the right word, but Charles is pretty darn popular.

Reaction Score
I could also care less about the Barkley Lebron debate. Never was looking for an argument and didn't say he is above being criticized in articles. We disagreed on him being beloved then you posted an article which calls him a drunk and Uncle Tom. Thread then became about race and you chose to make assumptions about who my friends are. I like you as a poster and respect your basketball opinions and wouldn't make assumptions about you as a person.

Reaction Score
I could also care less about the Barkley Lebron debate. Never was looking for an argument and didn't say he is above being criticized in articles. We disagreed on him being beloved then you posted an article which calls him a drunk and Uncle Tom. Thread then became about race and you chose to make assumptions about who my friends are. I like you as a poster and respect your basketball opinions and wouldn't make assumptions about you as a person.
Fair enough, I probably took it a step too far in regards to you but as far as Barkley he can't be defended imo, the stuff that has come out of his mouth the past few years has been garbage. I swore off watching any of the TNT pre/postgame stuff after the slavery comments.

Reaction Score
Lebron just made it personal, not a smart move on his part. Barkley is funny, self-deprecating and beloved he's not the type of guy you want to pick a fight with. I think Barkley will probably let him off the hook but if not he could make Lebron look very bad.
Problem with that theory is that LeBron has nothing else to prove, most people look at Barkley as a joke because he says outrageous things just to get ratings and publicity.

LeBron is definitely tough to take though, but his greatness shines through on the court, just stop talking about players and play basketball.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is a drunk, and while I've long stopped watching Inside the NBA because I have no desire to listen to either him or Shaq, Barkley routinely said dumb ish about basketball. Are you fogetting his "jumpshooting teams can't win championships" nonsense? Barkley is a running joke on NBA Twitter for his baksetball opinons. Also, you don't have to be from Baltimore to not like Barkley, if you think he's this beloved character that just lets me know you need to diversify your circle.
Who are you to tell someone to "diversify your circle"?
Barkley is far from my favorite person
BUT LJ is perhaps the most egotistical bloviated person in sports - he never commits a foul Is he a star? Hell yeah and may be the most talented person to play the game - not the best- the most talented. He has gotten to the point where he feels he is Gods gift to man - far from it. Those shots of him at the Cleveland Indians games cracked me up - yeah he's a Cleveland fan, must be a season ticket holder - saw him at all the Browns games that he could have attended too.
Shaq is someone who is off his rocker - like someone hit him in the head too many times
Barkley says some outlandish things but so does Shaq, Kenny, Bilas, Vitale, Jason, Greenburg - they all do
That's my opinion and I definitely have a very diverse circle of friends

Reaction Score
Who are you to tell someone to "diversify your circle"?
Barkley is far from my favorite person
BUT LJ is perhaps the most egotistical bloviated person in sports - he never commits a foul Is he a star? Hell yeah and may be the most talented person to play the game - not the best- the most talented. He has gotten to the point where he feels he is Gods gift to man - far from it. Those shots of him at the Cleveland Indians games cracked me up - yeah he's a Cleveland fan, must be a season ticket holder - saw him at all the Browns games that he could have attended too.
Shaq is someone who is off his rocker - like someone hit him in the head too many times
Barkley says some outlandish things but so does Shaq, Kenny, Bilas, Vitale, Jason, Greenburg - they all do
That's my opinion and I definitely have a very diverse circle of friends
Outside of Shaq none of those guys have said anything outside of sports on the level of what Barkley has said, if you don't know what's actually being discussed here why bother putting yourself in the conversation?

Reaction Score
Well this thread was about Barkley's comments about LeBron until you hijacked the conversation.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
FWIW, this is the Barkley comment that aceboon's referring to:

“The only problem I had with Kenny’s, umm, open letter was, umm, I don’t think anytime something bad happens in the black community we have to talk about slavery. Listen, slavery is, uh, well, I shouldn’t say one of the worst things ever, because I don’t know anything about it other than what I read or what my grandmother told me.”

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Lebron is a 6'8" 260 lb whining little "female dog"

Best example is the fact he didn't do one thing, when his own teammate was having relations with his mom of all people. Grow a sack Lebron

Reaction Score
Fair enough, I probably took it a step too far in regards to you but as far as Barkley he can't be defended imo, the stuff that has come out of his mouth the past few years has been garbage. I swore off watching any of the TNT pre/postgame stuff after the slavery comments.
I never heard the slavery comment before today and it was an incredibly stupid comment. He puts himself out there a lot on race and he has said a couple things I agree with but has also said a whole bunch of dumb. I'm very open about talking about race because I think it's still about the biggest problem in our country. Barkley should be more informed but I would take someone like him who is open to talking about it and sticking his foot in his mouth over the countless otbers who stay silent. Anyways, I can see where you are coming from.

Reaction Score
Well this thread was about Barkley's comments about LeBron until you hijacked the conversation.
That hijacking was due to a comment made by one poster about Barkley that I disagreed with, this really shouldn't be that hard. My comments are ON Barkley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom