OT: Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
She's 11-13, 9-11 3FG tonight for 29 points.

In the tournament, she's 19-23 and 15-18 3FG.

Right now, UConn has 30 assists on 31 baskets.

I do not know how you beat something like that.
They do everything, including the small fundamentals, perfectly. Banks shots, passing, dribbling, etc. great to watch the hustle and ball movement

Reaction Score

Pretty sure we have a women's board for this one.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

This is probably the most vulnerable undefeated UConn Women's team ever. They'll easily get to the final four, but they can be beat in both of the final games. It's just not one of those years where you can chalk it up at this point.

If they do win it all this year, with the transfers and recruiting class coming in and so little lost to graduation, you can almost pencil in another 80 straight wins in the next two years. Ridiculous that if nobody beats them this tourney, they could seriously be pushing 200 consecutive wins in a three years.

Reaction Score
This is probably the most vulnerable undefeated UConn Women's team ever. They'll easily get to the final four, but they can be beat in both of the final games. It's just not one of those years where you can chalk it up at this point.

If they do win it all this year, with the transfers and recruiting class coming in and so little lost to graduation, you can almost pencil in another 80 straight wins in the next two years. Ridiculous that if nobody beats them this tourney, they could seriously be pushing 200 consecutive wins in a three years.
Maryland is the best 3 seed the women's tournament has ever seen in UConn's region

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Second best game by a UConn player in the past month.

Katie Lou was even better.

Katie Lou Samuelson's record day from beyond arc powers UConn to AAC title

Katie Lou Samuelson had a record-breaking night, scoring 40 points and hitting all 10 of her 3-point shots to lead top-ranked UConn to a 100-44 rout of South Florida in the American Athletic Conference Tournament final on Monday.

Samuelson set a Division I record for consecutive 3-pointers in a game and also set the tournament's single-game scoring mark.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

For three quarters, UConn's offense was more like a choreographed ballet with a basketball theme than an actual game of basketball. The players moving in perfectly synchronized, intricate patterns designed to draw defenders away from the bucket, where either Collier or Gabby slips in to receive a pass for yet another layin.

Reaction Score
Dyson had a nickname for the Women's Team when he was playing here..

"The Slaughterhouse Crew"

still fits.

Love seeing Kia have a great tournament so far. She's talented herself, but has been overshadowed by Gabby and the Sophomores.

Reaction Score
They play the game with extraordinary execution. KO could take some lessons.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There was one play, I can't remember if first half or second half--
UConn had the ball in transition, I'm pretty sure everyone touched the ball in a span of about 5 seconds from the top of the key, to the side, to under the basket and out to Nurse or Chong for a wide open 3. Everyone in the crowd stood up and we all just turned to each other in awe.
That's what separates UConn from everyone else. Unbelievable awareness and team basketball, reminiscent of the Spurs.
They play with the intent that every offensive possession and defensive set will be 100% pristine and perfect with no mistakes. It's really special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom