OT is Brady trying to be a hero | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT is Brady trying to be a hero

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Actually the best I ever saw was Gayle Sayers. Unbelievable quickness and balance. But Brady has to be in the discussion. It’s not just Super Bowls. Every year since he took over for Bledsoe they are in the end of season conversation.

Reaction Score
Uh-huh. Yet the stats prove you wrong. Not only does the AFC East finish higher in the division rankings, but the Patriots have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do the AFC East during the Brady era! This team regularly wins 75% of its games. It averages 1 or 2 losses a year to the AFCE, which is worse than what it does against the rest of the league.

As for being on the road, best record gets you home games and byes, that's what being great during the regular season gets you. But they went on the road twice for the AFCE to Pittsburgh, and they won it both times.

You’re dodging the question.

How many wins do they get every year in division? 4 or 5? Gives them a leg up on the divisison title, a playoff entry, no wild card. That’s a huge advantage.

And they’ve been home 4 of the last 6 winning all 4 at home, losing the 2 on the road. And haven’t won a road AFCC game since 2004.

Their division gives them a leg up on everyone else.

Reaction Score

How many wins do they get every year in division? 4 or 5? Gives them a leg up on the divisison title, a playoff entry, no wild card. That’s a huge advantage.

And they’ve been home 4 of the last 6 winning all 4 at home, losing the 2 on the road. And haven’t won a road AFCC game since 2004.

You're dodging the obvious. They do better against teams NOT in the AFCE.

You're blaming them for doing WORSE against the AFCE. Makes no sense. Every top team gets 4 or 5 wins against their division. EVERY single one.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Belichick Taylor's system coach? LOL.

The thing about this system is, they've been at it 17 years already and been to the championship game 12 times. You would think someone else would try this system at some point!!!

It’s a copycat league, except for whatever offensive system the Patriots run. No one ever tries to copy that. :rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The division is certainly not the worst in football during their period of dominance. It sure as hell wasnt this year either. The other teams are disadvantaged by having to play the Patriots twice.

Reaction Score
You're dodging the obvious. They do better against teams NOT in the AFCE.

You're blaming them for doing WORSE against the AFCE. Makes no sense. Every top team gets 4 or 5 wins against their division. EVERY single one.

Pittsburgh, Cindy and Baltimore have always beaten each other up good. Dallas, NY, Philly and Washington do too. In the last 15 years, no AFC east team has made it hard on the Pats give for maybe a fluke Jets or Dolphins year once or twice. That’s irrefutable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh, Cindy and Baltimore have always beaten each other up good. Dallas, NY, Philly and Washington do too. In the last 15 years, no AFC east team has made it hard on the Pats give for maybe a fluke Jets or Dolphins year once or twice. That’s irrefutable.

Nonsense. Washington and Philly have hardly been impressive. Miami or Buffalo would do just as well in those divisions. The problem is that they have to play New England. You saw an example this year in the NFC east when you had a dominant team in the Eagles. Everybody else looked bad.

Reaction Score

Cincy, Pitt and Baltimore start the season with 2 wins per year: CLEVELAND.

If Baltimore, Cincy and Pittsburgh are so tough, why are the Patriots 9-3, 7-2, 11-3 against them since Brady joined the team? 27-8!

I mean, the Patriots are better against Baltimore, Cincy and Pittsburgh than they are against the Jets, 27-11, and Miami, 23-13.

Winning % against top teams of the AFCN: 27-8 = 77%
Winning % against top teams of the AFCE: 50-24 = 67%

These numbers show how far out of their way people will go to make excuses about the Patriots winning.

Reaction Score
Cincy, Pitt and Baltimore start the season with 2 wins per year: CLEVELAND.

If Baltimore, Cincy and Pittsburgh are so tough, why are the Patriots 9-3, 7-2, 11-3 against them since Brady joined the team? 27-8!

I mean, the Patriots are better against Baltimore, Cincy and Pittsburgh than they are against the Jets, 27-11, and Miami, 23-13.

Winning % against top teams of the AFCN: 27-8 = 77%
Winning % against top teams of the AFCE: 50-24 = 67%

These numbers show how far out of their way people will go to make excuses about the Patriots winning.

Really?

This isn’t about if the Patriots are better than those teams. It’s that the Patriots road to the Super Bowl is smooth and easy from their advanatage of a division.

Aside from how they may or may not do against ANYONE ELSE, their division pads them and provides no resistance for them. For over a decade.

Reaction Score
Really?

This isn’t about if the Patriots are better than those teams. It’s that the Patriots road to the Super Bowl is smooth and easy from their advanatage of a division.

Aside from how they may or may not do against ANYONE ELSE, their division pads them and provides no resistance for them. For over a decade.

Sigh.

They would have had an even easier path in the AFC Central.

That's what the stats show.

I mean, how can you argue with wins and losses?

You're actually arguing against New England's record against the AFC Central.

The AFC Central is easier. The wins and losses back it up.

Reaction Score
Sigh.

Let’s just hope the unseasonably warm weather doesn’t impact the air pressure in the footballs today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sigh.

Are you guys like 15 years in the past. There is no AFC Central nor has there been for a long time.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew the balls were deflated. That was never in doubt.

The funny thing is. Not a single QB said a word about the deflated footballs because they all like the ball a certain way. Aaron Rodgers admitted he likes the ball over inflated, but everyone looks the other way becuase he doesn't beat up everyones team the way Tom Brady does.

People are just salty and can't apprectiate greatness when they see it any more.

Its the same with LeBron James. I don't like the dude but I can see the greatness on the floor.

There is so much similarity between those two athletes because of how grown men talk like 10 year olds in a pissing match when their names come up.

Reaction Score
Sure there are plenty of attention seekers, that doesn't make everybody, or even half the guys, the same. Again, for 15 years he acts nothing like that, and now, because something happened (clearly, as he didn't practice), he's all of a sudden an attention seeker? Makes absolutely no sense, but ok.
Brady is clearly getting ready to launch his new snake oil company that will make every guy able to play in the NFL up to and past 40. This is just an attempt to add to the mystique/legend to build the product. Honestly I can’t even think how a Brady-level collision (i.e. some inadvertent collision outside of any real forceful contact) in a football practice could require stitches in the first place

It was funny when they had that shot of someone re-applying glue to the bandage; indicating that the camera crew had one guy dedicated to following Brady’s hand all game, trying to get a shot of something. Like a dude filming Planet Earth in a camolauged box for weeks just waiting for a perfect shot of a bird of paradise mating call

People think that Brady has this great commitment to the Pats with his pay cuts and everything but honestly I think he is most interested in his own pursuit of playing and winning as long as possible for himself. Which I mean hey nothing really against that from me

Reaction Score
People think that Brady has this great commitment to the Pats with his pay cuts and everything but honestly I think he is most interested in his own pursuit of playing and winning as long as possible for himself.

What the hell does that even mean? If he wins, the Patriots win.

This thread is so full of twisted pretzel logic.

Reaction Score
What the hell does that even mean? If he wins, the Patriots win.

This thread is so full of twisted pretzel logic.
And when LeBron decides to try to further his legacy as a potential GOAT by averaging a triple double or lead the league in assists or whatever, the Cavs will win.

Reaction Score
And when LeBron decides to try to further his legacy as a potential GOAT by averaging a triple double or lead the league in assists or whatever, the Cavs will win.

No, when Lebron wins (for himself or for the great goofball in the sky), the Cavs win.

Playing for stats doesn't = winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom