OT is Brady trying to be a hero | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT is Brady trying to be a hero

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you can’t beat Blake Bortles at home in a Conference Championship game you weren’t that good.

Just setting it up, huh Whaler? As a Pats fan, I'm not even feeling all that great about this one.

I would have rather played Pittsburgh personally. Pats almost always beat the Steelers.

Reaction Score
Really? Because he's never done that once in his professional career before. In fact exactly the opposite. Strange he'd start now.

Yes really. He is not alone there are plenty of attention seekers in pro sports. He has a boo boo and he is playing.

Reaction Score
Just setting it up, huh Whaler? As a Pats fan, I'm not even feeling all that great about this one.

I would have rather played Pittsburgh personally. Pats almost always beat the Steelers.

Think people are overlooking jags. Bad matchup for pats compared to steelers. Shut down corners and a great pass rush. Pats D isn't that great if Brady gets hit and rattled could be a long day for pats

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yes really. He is not alone there are plenty of attention seekers in pro sports. He has a boo boo and he is playing.

Sure there are plenty of attention seekers, that doesn't make everybody, or even half the guys, the same. Again, for 15 years he acts nothing like that, and now, because something happened (clearly, as he didn't practice), he's all of a sudden an attention seeker? Makes absolutely no sense, but ok.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Think people are overlooking jags. Bad matchup for pats compared to steelers. Shut down corners and a great pass rush. Pats D isn't that great if Brady gets hit and rattled could be a long day for pats

I agree. I don't think it's a great match up at all. I think the Pats will shut down the run for the most part, and Blake will have to beat them on a few plays. But it seems to me that he's been able to do that over the course of the year. At times.

The Jags are weird. Some days they look unbeatable, and then others it's like, what?

The key for the Pats is going to be Deion Lewis, James White, and Rex Burkhead. Those short/intermediate plays out of the backfield might very well dictate the tenor of this game. It's going to be impossible to go outside. Middle of the field and screens/draws are it.

This is one of those games I feel like it should be really low scoring. That means it'll probably be 42-35.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I don’t care who wins.

My only interest is I bought a single Jacksonville can of Bud Light during the summer. The joke being I’d drink it when they won the Super Bowl. It has probably frozen 3 times in the garage this winter.

Will it make it two more weeks?

It’s road Blake Bortles. If you lose there aren’t excuses.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Tom Brady goes 5-25 with 5 interceptions, I'm going with the hand. ;)

I’d go with giving away a franchise quarterback for a second round pick if I was interested in making excuses.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’d go with giving away a franchise quarterback for a second round pick if I was interested in making excuses.

Fair. No idea what else they could have done with him though. Keep him for a half a year in case Brady gets hurt?

Reaction Score
You mean like what they did with Brady in case Bledsoe got hurt?
Not even close to the same scenario. Options w Garropolo were extremely limited due to his contract status.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just setting up the excuse in case they lose. Easiest path to Superbowl in playoff history. If they lose it will be talked about daily on sports center. If he plays and they win he will go down as a folk lore sports hero for his performance

^^^^THIS

Different sport, same logic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Whats our so called Willis Reed moments for Uconn. Shabazz playing on sick stomach from 7/11 wings, Shabazz coming back near the end of the Nova game in round of 32, Emeka back spasms in the 04 season, Boatright turning his ankle against UK in title game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brady is the best QB ever.

Billicheck is the best Coach/GM ever.

Saying otherwise is kind of insane at this point.

Giants fan btw.
This. Greatest football player ever is a silly metric, but he's the GOAT at his position.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Whats our so called Willis Reed moments for Uconn. Shabazz playing on sick stomach from 7/11 wings, Shabazz coming back near the end of the Nova game in round of 32, Emeka back spasms in the 04 season, Boatright turning his ankle against UK in title game.

Pretty much most of what Selvie did.

Reaction Score
Oh man please don’t compare anything to the Paul Pierce wheel chair incident. That was truly an embarrassment. Pierce is softer than Charmin. His recent crying about Isaiah Thomas just solidified it.

And yes, Brady is doing a “hey look at me! I’m going to play with an injury!” Routine.

Just shut up and play Tom.

So, by not saying anything about his injury, he is drawing attention to himself. If he said something about it (and we know over the years Brady constantly talks about his injuries) then that would be the equivalent of NOT saying anything about it.

Reaction Score
Sure there are plenty of attention seekers, that doesn't make everybody, or even half the guys, the same. Again, for 15 years he acts nothing like that, and now, because something happened (clearly, as he didn't practice), he's all of a sudden an attention seeker? Makes absolutely no sense, but ok.

And to top it off, he hasn't even said anything about his hand! LOL.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have thought that Brady has brought attention too himself more then he ever did the majority of his career with his TB12 method and having his trainer preach it to the team, and doing more commercials its like hes trying to cash in on what he could have done earlier in his career,and there is a conspiracy that Brady went to Kraft to get Jimmy G off the Pats. Bottom line all athletes have ego even the most humble ones.

Reaction Score
The amount of winning this guy does is unbelievable. 7 straight championship games? 12 overall in his 16 seasons? Ridiculous. He makes it to this game 75% of the time.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have thought that Brady has brought attention too himself more then he ever did the majority of his career with his TB12 method and having his trainer preach it to the team, and doing more commercials its like hes trying to cash in on what he could have done earlier in his career,and there is a conspiracy that Brady went to Kraft to get Jimmy G off the Pats. Bottom line all athletes have ego even the most humble ones.

Why would Brady need to go to Kraft to get Garoppolo off the Patriots? Garoppolo was leaving this summer either way.

As for the trainer, people don't even seem to realize that Brady met that guy IN the Patriots locker room, as he was the personal trainer for Patriots from the 1990s before Brady even got there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom