OT : If you're a man and choose.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT : If you're a man and choose....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
..... To own a cat, what is wrong with you?

Let's discuss.

Full disclosure. My wife got my daughter a kitten a couple years ago, much to my protestations. I relented because I have soft spot for my daughter. But I was right. The thing sucks; hard. 2 years of feeding that thing and it still runs like hell when I enter the room like I'm grim death. No value here.
It's just unnatural for grown men to want cats. It's one thing if you have a family, but single straight men who own cats are just creepy. Usually either serial killers or rapists.:eek:

Oh yea, and no one should own an animal that craps in a box in their house anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh yea, and no one should own an animal that craps in a box in their house anyway.

Dude, I would much prefer an animal who craps in a box in my house (anytime it damn well pleases, without having to disturb me) than an animal who craps outside (but I'm responsible for allowing it to do so and for picking it up).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When I had my condo in Bridgeport I had a cat - dogs not allowed. Oscar. I don't even remember how I got him. Used to take him in the car and he'd sit on my neck while driving.

Broke down on the Merritt, and when I opened the door to meet the tow truck guy, he bolted into the woods. Never saw him again. Doubt he lasted long as he was declawed before I got him.

2nd wife loved cats. We had three. She got all of them in the divorce, although I liked one of them (Bob). I got him to fetch and do some commands. Only dogs since.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Any animal that you can leave alone for a week with enough food/water and the garage door cracked open is not for me. Especially when they look pissed when you actually come back. I go to the mailbox and my dogs act like I've been gone for a month when I walk back in.

Reaction Score
Dude, I would much prefer an animal who craps in a box in my house (anytime it damn well pleases, without having to disturb me) than an animal who craps outside (but I'm responsible for allowing it to do so and for picking it up).
I'm not arguing cat OR dog, but since you are: you still have to clean the cat crap out of the litter box, at least a dog doesn't crap in your house and stink it up (so gross). And a dog actually has a brain.

Reaction Score
My dog (Husky/Pit Bull mix) found an abandoned kitten while we were on a walk. She raised it like it was her puppy, and now they are great companions when I'm away from home.

Also, I toilet trained the cat. No cleaning a poop box for me! Don't hate.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't like animals other than fish but having a cat has its perks: free rodent control, they take a crap outside (if you get the right ones), and they don't bother you.

Last edited:

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I had about three stray cats that used to hangout in my backyard when I bought my house. I wanted to get rid of them. I asked an older gentleman how I should do it and he said" if you get rid of the strays , you'll get
Mice". I went fifteen years of various stray cats but no mice. As soon as the strays died off , I started to see my first mice. That's what cats are for. The moral of the story - appreciate free Kitty.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
My local IGA has an entire aisle (one side) of cat related supplies. I have to buy my taco seasoning and shells separate because they dont carry the stand and stuff kit. Cats got mind control over Deebo. No thanks.

Reaction Score
As long you treat your pet right I am cool with whatever you have, but I have no idea what makes an adult male want a cat over a dog.

Reaction Score
It's just unnatural for grown men to want cats. It's one thing if you have a family, but single straight men who own cats are just creepy. Usually either serial killers or rapists.:eek:

You've never needed to diaper your incontinent dog. The stench is enough to knock you over.

Reaction Score
My brother's GF dumped him and moved out, leaving him with her childhood cat. He didn't want her, now I take care of her. She is awesome. The only annoying part - I decided to take this indoor cat outside one time about 2 months ago and now all she wants is to be outside. She is 17 and can not handle the outdoors on her own. Now, to avoid her incessantly whining while standing in front of the sliding glass door, I am guilted into hanging out with her on a super long leash for hours on end in the backyard. Granted, reading/doing computer work poolside isn't bad. I hope she gets her fix this summer before it gets cold.

The cat is awesome. Very loving. Still, doesn't compare to having a dog. The old guy was a Husky, too. My favorite activity with my dog was enjoying the outdoors and I sure as hell can't go hiking with my cat.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
My brother's GF dumped him and moved out, leaving him with her childhood cat. He didn't want her, now I take care of her. She is awesome. The only annoying part - I decided to take this indoor cat outside one time about 2 months ago and now all she wants is to be outside. She is 17 and can not handle the outdoors on her own. Now, to avoid her incessantly whining while standing in front of the sliding glass door, I am guilted into hanging out with her on a super long leash for hours on end in the backyard. Granted, reading/doing computer work poolside isn't bad. I hope she gets her fix this summer before it gets cold.

The cat is awesome. Very loving. Still, doesn't compare to having a dog. My favorite activity with my dog was enjoying the outdoors and I sure as hell can't go hiking with my cat.
I thought you were like 60. I was very wrong.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I figured coming out as a cat guy would make me seem even older than I am. That's funny, I thought you were a grumpy old 60 year old as well before that whole poker game. We are probably the same age.
Which remind me, we need another one.

Reaction Score
I had a cat when I was a kid, Mesha, story goes we had to give it away because it kept attacking us kids, especially my younger sister. I was of course young too so I can't remember who really provoked these attacks, but I'll trust my parents on it. Haven't had a cat since. What I do have is a lifetime of knowing other people's cats. I would generously say only about 30% of them were cool, genial animals. Unlike @Robertelamin's cats, most of them sucked, openly disdained you or straight-up threatened your life. I've also had a lifetime of owning and knowing other people's dogs. 99% of them were always genuinely happy to see you and all of them treated humans like living gods.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Stop eating Arby's.
He can try Chick-Fil-A. They finally have one in CT. That can be his new fetish and he'll go from a 100% chance of getting triple bypass to about 95%.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Ha. I tie a slip knot on a 150 ft. rope so that she can wander off and do her thing but not get into the neighbors yard.
You're digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom