OT: I was wrong about Steph Curry | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: I was wrong about Steph Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pippen is 16th on the all time leading playoff scorer list. And that's with playing along side a guy who sits at #1.
In his prime he was a 20 point a game scorer on a team where he didn't need to be a top option.
He sits at 58th on the all time scoring list, higher than other "mediocre" scorers like Bob McAdoo, Mark Aguire, Tracy McGrady, and James Worthy.

clown.jpg
Peak Frank Ivy, your troll game sucks. I hope the insult doesn't hurt Ms. delicate flower.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I had never heard of Curry until this year, and I have a feeling he'll fade away next year.

Reaction Score
I had never heard of Curry until this year, and I have a feeling he'll fade away next year.

That just means you weren't paying attention. He was MVP last year and his team won the finals.

He may fade away, but that would probably be due to an injury, not because he isn't good.

My point is they both won a lot of titles as the second-most important guy on a team.

Do you really think Kobe was the second most important guy on his team during the non-Shaq titles? I'd bet even Pau Gasol would say Kobe was the most important player on that team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

So then you weren't a fan of the NBA... His team did win the finals last year, not to mention he won the MVP. You'd had to of heard of him during his run at Davidson as well, the Wisconsin game...

Reaction Score
Do you really think Kobe was the second most important guy on his team during the non-Shaq titles? I'd bet even Pau Gasol would say Kobe was the most important player on that team.

I don't know what Pau would say, but I do know that he ranked ahead of Kobe in win shares, plus-minus, and VORP in both of those seasons.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know what Pau would say, but I do know that he ranked ahead of Kobe in win shares, plus-minus, and VORP in both of those seasons.

And the eye test. :D

Shaq was the most dominant, unstoppable force I've personally seen in pro basketball.

Reaction Score
Completely disagree. Remember we are talking about right now, Curry is much more dominant right now than Lebron. Curry is the better passer, shooter, paint scorer, uses both hands better, ft shooter and he has his team playing as well as any team ever has. I will give you defender and rebounder but I don't really see how it's much of a debate on the offensive end.
Curry will NEVER be a better pain scorer than a decent frontcourt player.. ever... so clearly never better than LeBron in the paint. His lack of defense shows he's still got a lot to do to be considered the best in the world... Kyrie Irving OWNED him.. That's a blueprint to slow him down on the offensive end.. Slow games down period... The isolation play is back ladies and gentlemen... Slow the game down a tad and bring back the one on one... Really see who has skills on both ends of the floor... But I do gotta give to Curry, he flourishes offensively in that camp out at the 3 point line system and run and gun show that they got in Golden State...

Reaction Score
And the eye test. :D

Shaq was the most dominant, unstoppable force I've personally seen in pro basketball.

We aren't talking about Shaq. Shaq was without a doubt the most important player on those Lakers teams that won titles. We are talking about whether Gasol was more important to the '09, '10 Laker teams than Kobe was.

It's interesting Gasol had better advanced stats, but I'd still say Kobe was more important than Gasol to those teams winning titles.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We aren't talking about Shaq. .

Yep, that's what happens when you read too quickly on the train.

Kobe definitely drew more attention than Gasol. He was 'the guy'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving OWNED him.. That's a blueprint to slow him down on the offensive end.. Slow games down period... The isolation play is back ladies and gentlemen... Slow the game down a tad and bring back the one on one... ...

Didn't look like Curry was 100% since he hurt himself earlier in the playoffs. . Probably a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom