OT: Heartbroken for UCF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Heartbroken for UCF

Reaction Score
Damn, the other guy was chicken winged too. Both were boxed out, both played dirty, don't deserve to win.

Mark Ennis on Twitter

Spoiler alert: college refs suck. If you want to go through the whole game with a fine-toothed comb like it's the Zapruder film, though, I'd recommend looking at the calls they missed going both ways, rather than finding ones that just prove your point of view.

Reaction Score
Spoiler alert: college refs suck. If you want to go through the whole game with a fine-toothed comb like it's the Zapruder film, though, I'd recommend looking at the calls they missed going both ways, rather than finding ones that just prove your point of view.
I watched the whole game. I saw a lot of bad calls and I saw some missed calls. I also saw two dirty players at the blocks. I'm not sure why you have such a hard time with me calling out dirty plays? Do you think dirty plays like this are ok? Thats just weird and not the game.

And for your info, it was the early bad calls on Tacko that ruined the game. And yeah I saw the late clear missed one too.

I'm sorry, I like pure basketball, and this stuff really bothers me, especially when it ultimately effects the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damn, the other guy was chicken winged too. Both were boxed out, both played dirty, don't deserve to win.

Mark Ennis on Twitter

I don't understand how anyone could say it was a clean offensive rebound. Dawkins started the play on the block and ended up out of bounds on the opposite side of the rim. How does he get there if not by getting shoved in the back?

Reaction Score
The gut wrenching mistakes they made at the end:

1. The missed ally-oop dunk
2. Letting Zion just make the lay up while up 3
3. No box out on the missed fee throw
4. Tap in doesn’t go down

If the execute just 1 of these they win the game...you never get over losses like this.
Zion plowed his way thru before that and call. It should’ve been a charge beeeepppp

Reaction Score
The Knights had to make that tip-in; but, that's sports.

That said, the refs were too busy seeing the stars around Zio as I have no idea how he did not get called for a charge at the start of his drive and the Taco has a set position when he want for the lay-up. That should have been a no-call or a second charge on Zion, who would have fouled out. Of course, announcers calling out a bad call that went in Duke's favor is happens about as often as I win Powerball.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Duke is going to get that call all day long, just the way things are. It sucks but unless he bulled him over they weren't calling a foul.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What does their class look like coming in? Taylor and Tacko were there when Bazz played. I know it’s unpopular but I have no simpathy for the team with sideshow center, linebacker playing PG and Easter Island statue playing forward. They’ve been living a very charmed life as an athletic department. It’s ok to lose once in a while.
What in the world is with you and UCF

Also, neither Tacko nor BJ Taylor were there when Bazz was here.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Dawkins is a junior. That dude looked very NBA ready.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Dawkins is a junior. That dude looked very NBA ready.
He has a transfer year (from Michigan) and lost a year to injury. He's very old for a junior.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
if you guys are screenshooting images and still can’t decide what was a foul and not how the heck are refs going to call it in real time :confused: umps call strikes a ball and zebras miss P.I. IT’S SPORTS
But he froze and zoomed in on an above the hoop angle! How did the refs miss that??!?!?

Reaction Score
Johnney Dawkins a class act and a very good coach, he will be coaching a P5 again soon, maybe even Dook after K retires.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, even without the calls, UCF would have won if they finish the 2-1 break or the wide open put backs.
Yup, no question. They had their chances, no doubt. And yet, this was not just a poorly unofficiated game at the end, it was all game long and went both ways. But obviously the calls at the very end get exaggerated because they literally decide the outcome of the game in very short order.

And on an overall basis, they have to STOP wth these endless reviews of inconsequential plays. It’s bad enough watching inconsistent and at best, poor, officiating......but to then stop the game for minutes at a time over minor things just ruins flow, continuity, and enjoyment. NCAA needs to do a much better job deciding and articulating what can and can’t be reviewed, and put a dam time limit on it. The endless reviews suck the enjoyment right out of the game.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
It's incredible to think how UConn pretty consistently shut down Tacko even in our struggles the last couple years, yet against the supposed clear cut best team in the nation he was damn near dominant in the post. Only answer Duke really had for him was when he had to go to the bench with fouls (at least 2 of which were quite questionable...)

Reaction Score
how is the outlook for UCF going forward? great performance this year.. but not sure this team will be back to this level, losing tacko, brown, taylor and likely a 24 year old dawkins to the pros and they aren’t pulling in stacked recruiting classes either. seems as good as it’ll get for the knights for the foreseeable fortune

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The gut wrenching mistakes they made at the end:

1. The missed ally-oop dunk
2. Letting Zion just make the lay up while up 3
3. No box out on the missed fee throw
4. Tap in doesn’t go down

If the execute just 1 of these they win the game...you never get over losses like this.

That Alley Oop was the seal for Dook. Up 4 and missed that very easy slam which would of brought the house down nation wide. Dook returned immediately with a trey. Make that dunk, game over Dook goes home. I seriously thought Coach K was crying or about to cry at the end.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
how is the outlook for UCF going forward? great performance this year.. but not sure this team will be back to this level, losing tacko, brown, taylor and likely a 24 year old dawkins to the pros and they aren’t pulling in stacked recruiting classes either. seems as good as it’ll get for the knights for the foreseeable fortune
That's okay. Every year I make that game at UCF with son from Savannah. I can't remember when we won there. It would be nice to see a thrashing on UCF.

Reaction Score
Not a huge hoops fan and the end of the UCF-Duke game just reminded me of everything I dislike about college basketball. Football season can't come soon enough.

Reaction Score
Who cares about UCF. I wanted to see Duke lose, UCF blew it. If you think UCF upsetting Duke in any way benefits the AAC or UCONN long term, you're wrong. We are still stuck in a perceived mid major conference, our TV deal is subpar compared to P5 and we haven't made the tournament for 3 years.
Upsets happen all the time in the tournament, I'm heartbroken UCON failed to make the tournament again. Screw Duke and UCF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom