OT - Hamidou Diallo testing Draft Waters | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT - Hamidou Diallo testing Draft Waters

Reaction Score
Shocking to me that people could still think he's not going to be a first round pick. Legit 6'5"+ with damn near a 7' wing span with stupid bounce. One of the best athletes to ever pick up a ball. And he's not even 19 yet.

Reaction Score
They interviewed Cal; it's incredibly hard not to like the guy as a person. He's funny, honest and seems to really want the kids to excel.

They interviewed Bob Myers (GSW GM), they are into standing reach and wingspan. The NBA is huge into the deflection stat.

It's a much smaller scale than the NFL, but incredibly cool seeing Magic, LarryLegend and the Logo in the same spot

Shocking to me that people could still think he's not going to be a first round pick. Legit 6'5"+ with damn near a 7' wing span with stupid bounce. One of the best athletes to ever pick up a ball. And he's not even 19 yet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Calipari, on Diallo:

"If someone takes him in the lottery, I will retire. There’s nothing more I could do. Four months, doesn’t play, lottery pick, I’m done. I’m stopping.”

2017 NBA Draft Combine: Will Hamidou Diallo return to Kentucky?

Alright, now I am rooting for this kid to get taken in the lottery. Let's go Diallo!

Someone on here was claiming I was full of it when I said Cal's gonna pimp the hell out his 'work' with Diallo.
Kid hasn't even been drafted, and he's already doing it. hahahah

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They interviewed Cal; it's incredibly hard not to like the guy as a person. He's funny, honest and seems to really want the kids to excel.

One of the first times I've heard Cal be described as 'honest'. Candid sure, but at whatever flavor he feels like dishing out in the moment.

Reaction Score
If Cal was selfish he'd tell Hani to stay a year or more

A joke having Brimah stay when he could have gotten guaranteed &$ and after 4 full years we realize he can't play basketball

It would be hilarious if Cal takes credit for Diallo's 7 foot wingspan.

Reaction Score
If Cal was selfish he'd tell Hani to stay a year or more

A joke having Brimah stay when he could have gotten guaranteed &$ and after 4 full years we realize he can't play basketball
Yeah that would have sucked if Brimah stayed if he could have gotten guaranteed money. Too bad it never occured that way for him. Hope he'll be happy with a long career, maybe with a shot at the NBA, and a degree he presumably wanted to get coming in to UConn.

Reaction Score

They interviewed Bob Myers (GSW GM), they are into standing reach and wingspan. The NBA is huge into the deflection stat.

It's a much smaller scale than the NFL, but incredibly cool seeing Magic, LarryLegend and the Logo in the same spot

Really, I see him as slick and climy in person. It's the reason I don't like him. And honest is the last word I'd use to describe him.

People who say he has the personality of a car salesman are very close to my feeling about him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His 30 for 30 did an excellent job making him look like able. Who knows if that's actually what's he's like though. His players seem to genuinely like him.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
The bottom 10 of this draft is not the quality I would have expected. Lots of pairs here. I was thinking some of the better franchises would be happy to get a talent this late in first round and have the infrastructure and time to gamble. Not so much. But the teams with multiples may be willing to take a flyer. I think a couple years in San Antonio would do wonders for him. I cant see someone not taking a chance with top 10 athleticism and raw-ish basketball skills. I have seen bigger gambles at lower selections.

20. Portland (via Memphis, via Denver and Cleveland)
21. Oklahoma City
22. Brooklyn (via Washington)
23. Toronto (via LA Clippers, via Milwaukee)
24. Utah
25. Orlando (via Toronto)
26. Portland (via Cleveland)
27. Brooklyn (swap with Boston)
28. L.A. Lakers (via Houston)
29. San Antonio
30. Utah (via Golden State)

Reaction Score
Cal would have advised Brimah to leave and take the guaranteed money knowing he's terrible and the more he played the more exposed he'd be

Portland has 3 #1s, Utah 2, they could use 1 on Diallo and put him the D league to start

...just when i thought it was impossible for JSM to be more wrong on anything else, this one comes. Wow.

Reaction Score
Lets not be played as fools. Regardless of where Diallo gets drafted(my guess is early 20s), going back to school is not even an option. It never was. Do we even know if he enrolled at Kentucky? Or did he just hang there for a few months under Cal's mirage?

Reaction Score
Just curious..........where is the best place to get a haircut Lexington?

Yes I'm sure Cal is a lovely man, you must be thrilled to have him coach to your hometown team.....thanks for visiting the UConn board.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Cal would have advised Brimah to leave and take the guaranteed money knowing he's terrible and the more he played the more exposed he'd be

Portland has 3 #1s, Utah 2, they could use 1 on Diallo and put him the D league to start

I most have missed the time KO advised Brimah to return to UConn despite solid reassurances from NBA teams that he would be a lottery pick

C

Chief00

Just guaranteed himself a first round draft pick with that jump and his wingspan measurement. Years of talking about him and he'll never play a second of college basketball.

Agreed, that's been the case for some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom