OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lifting weights and knowing pro bodybuilders. so that automatically means you know what you are talking about when it comes to chemical enhancement and the history of it in professional sports?

I'll give you an analogy. Performance enhancement in pro sports is like the economy. 5-10 years difference, and in some cases even shorter, can mean a drastic difference. Look at the economy in 1995 vs 2000 vs 2005 vs 2010. I am saying that I do not think the phillies in 2008 had a statistically significant advantage. I am saying there are major red flags that would point towards that the yankees did. You seem to not understand how that is possible. That is like someone saying you don't understand why it would be easier or harder to get a job in 2000 vs 2005. Things change fast.

obviously I don't know what every single player in the MLB was taking at every given point in time. However, it just so happened that the only time in the last 40 years a team showed championship dominance was at a time when chemical enhancement was in it's most significant transformation to becoming main stream in MLB. Mild orals have been experimented with since the 60s, but in the 90s the price of growth hormone started to go down and designer steroids came in. At the same time salaries started to go up with the yankees leading this push in salaries. Certain athletes got in in the mid to late 90s. Pretty quickly everyone caught on.

I'll say it one last time. I was responding to the original post about a person saying that the yankees of the 90s were so dominant compared to their competition that they would crush the redsox of this year because the redsox showed so little dominance over the rest of the league. I was explaining to him an extremely plausible explanation why there was such a discrepancy.
For the 6th time, do you think the Yankees of the 90's had a chemical advantage over the other MLB teams of the 90's? If your answer is yes then you are an absolute idiot. Over half the league was on steroids and there is still a huge number of MLB and even more NFL players that are doped up. Your post was four paragraphs of rubbish, I have to question your knowledge of strength training and supplements.

Reaction Score
Canseco and Caminitti did have it right people and somehow baseball still hasn't figured it out!! Not sure they ever will...........

Reaction Score
For the 6th time, do you think the Yankees of the 90's had a chemical advantage over the other MLB teams of the 90's? If your answer is yes then you are an absolute idiot. Over half the league was on steroids and there is still a huge number of MLB and even more NFL players that are doped up. Your post was four paragraphs of rubbish, I have to question your knowledge of strength training and supplements.

For the 6th time yes. I explained to you my opinion based on some of the inside information about drug use in sports that very few people in the world know, general facts that are public information, and trends. My knowledge of strength training and supplements is on par with the other leading experts in the world. You can question my knowledge, but you are simply wrong.

It appears you have not been reading what I have written because your responses are not counter arguments but instead just random things. My argument is that a lot of people used drugs in the mid to late 90s, but it wasn't spread as equally over every team as it is today. Saying a lot people use PEDs today is something I already said. I said once the turn of the century came it evened out.

Let me break down your response:

you asked me the same question for the 6th time. Then said i'm an absolute idiot. then said something that i clearly would not deny based on what I have previously argued and does not refute my statements at all. Then said something that I have already said, so clearly does not refute anything. then said everything I wrote was rubbish. Then finished with a statement that is absolutely positively ludicrous no matter how you look at it.

It appears you have no inside information, are displaying little to no expert knowledge, and are accusing me of being an idiot about a subject that I am a leading expert in.

Over multiple posts you are failing to provide anything that refutes what I have said. You then call me an idiot. And then claim I have no knowledge about the subject even though I have already blatantly displayed knowledge. And I can't forget that everything I have written is rubbish.

thank you for a horrendous discussion on every level. You have added nothing, insulted me, and said straight up ignorant things.

I hope you are not a UConn grad because you are so ignorant that I would be embarrassed that you are walking around representing UConn.

Enjoy your life.

Reaction Score
For the 6th time yes. I explained to you my opinion based on some of the inside information about drug use in sports that very few people in the world know, general facts that are public information, and trends. My knowledge of strength training and supplements is on par with the other leading experts in the world. You can question my knowledge, but you are simply wrong.

It appears you have not been reading what I have written because your responses are not counter arguments but instead just random things. My argument is that a lot of people used drugs in the mid to late 90s, but it wasn't spread as equally over every team as it is today. Saying a lot people use PEDs today is something I already said. I said once the turn of the century came it evened out.

you asked me the same question for the 6th time. Then said i'm an absolute idiot. then said something that i clearly would not deny based on what I have previously argued and does not refute my statements at all. Then said something that I have already said, so clearly does not refute anything. then said everything I wrote was rubbish. Then finished with a statement that is absolutely positively ludicrous no matter how you look at it.

It appears you have no inside information, are displaying little to no expert knowledge, and are accusing me of being an idiot about a subject that I am a leading expert in.

Over multiple posts you are failing to provide anything that refutes what I have said. You then call me an idiot. And then claim I have no knowledge about the subject even though I have already blatantly displayed knowledge. And I can't forget that everything I have written is rubbish.

thank you for a horrendous discussion on every level. You have added nothing, insulted me, and said straight up ignorant things.

I hope you are not a UConn grad because you are so ignorant that I would be embarrassed that you are walking around representing UConn.

Enjoy your life.
I've added nothing? No, I've exposed you for all of the bull you are spewing. You're whole first paragraph is laughable, you have inside sources, info that very few people in the world know? Your knowledge of strength training and supplements is on par with the other leading experts in the world? I'm an expert too, an expert at figuring out who is a fraud. You haven't given one fact or named any steroid using Yankee players on those teams and compared it with users on other teams at that time. I have more inside sources than anyone in the world and can tell you that the three Red Sox World Series championship teams in the last 10 years are the most doped up teams in the history of professional sports. I know this because of my sources and because I'm the leading expert on the world of strength training and supplements. I also invented the wheel.

Reaction Score
Guessing the players and managers already voted this Sox team to be the greatest of all time and how dare anyone even throw an opinion out there right Vike? I love the fact you aren't that predictable of a d**k!!:rolleyes:............
If you think a Yankees WS team that was great over a three week span would blow out a sox team that was great from game one of the regular season then yes I'm sorry you are a homer and a comical nut. As I have said before u should stick to hoops, your bread and butter

Reaction Score
If you think a Yankees WS team that was great over a three week span would blow out a sox team that was great from game one of the regular season then yes I'm sorry you are a homer and a comical nut. As I have said before u should stick to hoops, your bread and butter

You know who's crazy the one who believes I care about whether the Yankees WS team who was great in a 3 week span would blow out the Sox......I don't give a rats a**!!!

Good news for me is I have a "bread and butter"....you are obviously still searching for that! Best of luck Vike......

Reaction Score

Enjoy your life.

Sportsman - Please understand there is no reason to go on and on about this when no one knows. What everyone knows now is Caminitti and Jose were right and more than 50% of baseball (at the very least) was using so I guess if all of the Yankees were off the 24 man roster, maybe they had an advantage!?!? Other than that, I sincerely doubt it...........

Reaction Score
You know who's crazy the one who believes I care about whether the Yankees WS team who was great in a 3 week span would blow out the Sox......I don't give a rats a* !!!

Good news for me is I have a "bread and butter"....you are obviously still searching for that! Best of luck Vike......

The "homer" view on me is comical too......please tell me once when you ever gave the Yanks any credit? C'mon you have your picture next to freakin Johnny Most and Tommy Heinsohn for the title of "homer" and you're so blind to it you don't even realize it.....that's comical!:D......the fact you are still pounding your chest after winning a WS is all about homerism pal!!

Reaction Score
Sportsman - Please understand there is no reason to go on and on about this when no one knows. What everyone knows now is Caminitti and Jose were right and more than 50% of baseball (at the very least) was using so I guess if all of the Yankees were off the 24 man roster, maybe they had an advantage!?!? Other than that, I sincerely doubt it...........

fair enough

Reaction Score
fair enough

It's funny as a Yankee fan when we were watching those teams we didn't know, we weren't thinking along those lines. Now you think back and Leyritz, Knoblauch, Velardi, Curtis and so many others now make you think "yeah, damn they had some guys........." but who knows how many. Who knows how many anywhere? Hate it but it's the facts..........even as the Yanks/Sox played great series in the 2000's who was thinking about all f those guys? They were just playing and now the facts are coming out and we wonder.........who played the game clean? It sucks actually......for all fans!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Well then I'm not understanding your point at all. So you do think the Yankees had a chemical advantage over the other teams in the league during their run in the 90's? That's utter nonsense if that's what you are trying to say. I would never contend that the Red Sox had a chemical advantage in 2004 and 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom