OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This thread is so incredibly stupid. The Red Sox are clearly the best team this year and the Yankees are clearly the best organization. Nobody can argue against the Red Sox this year, they had the best record and won the World Series. Nobody can argue against the Yankees being the best organization in sports, they have the most titles by far and the organization oozes history.

The Boston Celtics say hi.

The Yankees have been in existence since 1903, which is 110 years. they have 27 championships, which is 24.5% of their leagues' championships.
The Celtics formed in 1946 which is 66 years ago and have won 17 championships 25.8%.
The Montreal Canadiens have been in existence since 1909 and have 24 Stanley Cups, which is only 23.1%, but they operate at a disadvantage under the Canadian dollar which is worth less than the American Dollar.

Secondly, the rules are different today than they were in 1993, 1970, 1940, 1927, and 1903.

Ownership? How did the Yankees do under the watchful stewardship of the Columbia Broadcasting System?

Value? The Yankees are valued at over $1.5 Billion, but that is not a real number. It's on paper, determined by finance guys and accountants pouring over balance sheets. Would the Yanks fetch the $2.1 Billion that the Dodgers just actually sold for in 2012? Perhaps, but who knows until they are actually put up for sale, which is probably not happening in my lifetime.

Recent performance? 1 World Series title in the last 5 years. 1 World Series Title in the last 10 years. 1 World Series title in the last 13 years. Here's the thing...it's the same title. (Disclaimer: Won in 96 and 98-00, widely believed to be no thanks to their owner and managing partner who was banned from day to day management when the foundation of those teams were developed.)

Operations? Six years ago, the Yankees signed a 32 year old to a 10 year contract guaranteeing him $275 million...and are now trying desperately trying to find a loophole to get out of it (Where have you gone Howie Spira? Our Empire turns it's lonely eyes to you. whoo, whoo, whoo.). The Yankees' farm system has taken a huge hit over the years for signing Grade A free agents as prior to the current CBA, they gave up draft picks for the privilege of signing said FAs.

The Yankees have some talent in their lower farm system, but AA is the weed out level. Most personnel in the know (including their own) will tell you that the AA and AAA levels are lacking.

Bottom line...It's pretty arguable...

Again this is not about the Yankees.

Reaction Score
The Boston Celtics say hi.

The Yankees have been in existence since 1903, which is 110 years. they have 27 championships, which is 24.5% of their leagues' championships.
The Celtics formed in 1946 which is 66 years ago and have won 17 championships 25.8%.
The Montreal Canadiens have been in existence since 1909 and have 24 Stanley Cups, which is only 23.1%, but they operate at a disadvantage under the Canadian dollar which is worth less than the American Dollar.

Secondly, the rules are different today than they were in 1993, 1970, 1940, 1927, and 1903.

Ownership? How did the Yankees do under the watchful stewardship of the Columbia Broadcasting System?

Value? The Yankees are valued at over $1.5 Billion, but that is not a real number. It's on paper, determined by finance guys and accountants pouring over balance sheets. Would the Yanks fetch the $2.1 Billion that the Dodgers just actually sold for in 2012? Perhaps, but who knows until they are actually put up for sale, which is probably not happening in my lifetime.

Recent performance? 1 World Series title in the last 5 years. 1 World Series Title in the last 10 years. 1 World Series title in the last 13 years. Here's the thing...it's the same title. (Disclaimer: Won in 96 and 98-00, widely believed to be no thanks to their owner and managing partner who was banned from day to day management when the foundation of those teams were developed.)

Operations? Six years ago, the Yankees signed a 32 year old to a 10 year contract guaranteeing him $275 million...and are now trying desperately trying to find a loophole to get out of it (Where have you gone Howie Spira? Our Empire turns it's lonely eyes to you. whoo, whoo, whoo.). The Yankees' farm system has taken a huge hit over the years for signing Grade A free agents as prior to the current CBA, they gave up draft picks for the privilege of signing said FAs.

The Yankees have some talent in their lower farm system, but AA is the weed out level. Most personnel in the know (including their own) will tell you that the AA and AAA levels are lacking.

Bottom line...It's pretty arguable...

Again this is not about the Yankees.

Someones bitter, you cant just enjoy your team winning a world series and you have to go to great lengths to dismiss Yankee world series of the past.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Someones bitter, you cant just enjoy your team winning a world series and you have to go to great lengths to dismiss Yankee world series of the past.

I'm enjoying it just fine. I continue to say that 2013 is not about the Yankees as much as OklahomaUConn and SuperJohn invoke them. Provoke, provoke, provoke to get a reaction. You get it as I disprove their points and you are critical of the reaction? That dog just ain't gonna hunt. Get over yourself.

Reaction Score
18 wins and one Giant loss

Giants are lighting the world on fire this year. I think I'll take my 3 SBs since 2000 and say, enjoy snow tubing on Sundays in January.

Reaction Score
Every 90's Yankee title team would blow this Boston team off the field. Even the mediocre hangover 1999 one.

I'm embarrassed for you for typing that. Better to just say nothing and move on.

Reaction Score
The best team in baseball was Detroit. A healthy Tigers team would have won the pennant. And, deep down, you know that.

But live it up!

Yeah "deep down" Red Sox fans are devastated today. Is it possible for you to sound any more lame in this thread? You've been spending time on the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
Giants are lighting the world on fire this year. I think I'll take my 3 SBs since 2000 and say, enjoy snow tubing on Sundays in January.

dont worry the Giants have 4 superbowls the Pats won't be playing deep into January so relax and oh yeah the Giants own the Pats.

Reaction Score
I'm enjoying it just fine. I continue to say that 2013 is not about the Yankees as much as OklahomaUConn and SuperJohn invoke them. Provoke, provoke, provoke to get a reaction. You get it as I disprove their points and you are critical of the reaction? That dog just ain't gonna hunt. Get over yourself.

if your gonna dismiss titles before 1946 then lets dismiss the Sox titles from 1918 and prior to that then, so lets just say the Sox have 3 titles and not 8.

Reaction Score

So we get a high pick this year :D

Reaction Score

So are you saying that you have gotten over 18-1

Reaction Score
So we get a high pick this year :D

I can't even remember what that feels like. The last time something like that happened to my team was 1993.

Reaction Score
So are you saying that you have gotten over 18-1

I never get over the losses, but as long as you have more wins than losses, what is there to complain about? As a sports fan, I have nothing to complain about. honestly, I never imagined the Patriots, Sox and UConn would be this good. And I'm talking individually. The fact that they have all been this good over the same 10 to 15 year period is absolutely mind blowing. It's going to end because that's what happens in sports, but it's been 15 years already.

Reaction Score
dont worry the Giants have 4 superbowls the Pats won't be playing deep into January so relax and oh yeah the Giants own the Pats.

The Giants do own the Pats, but it's 2 games. And, the Patriots WILL be playing deep into January. Just watch. This year's defense is something else even without Wilfork and Mayo.

Reaction Score
The Giants do own the Pats, but it's 2 games. And, the Patriots WILL be playing deep into January. Just watch. This year's defense is something else even without Wilfork and Mayo.

Well see, I dont see any team beating the Niners this year, the Pats defense is very good this year but their offense has some issues.

Reaction Score
I never get over the losses, but as long as you have more wins than losses, what is there to complain about? As a sports fan, I have nothing to complain about. honestly, I never imagined the Patriots, Sox and UConn would be this good. And I'm talking individually. The fact that they have all been this good over the same 10 to 15 year period is absolutely mind blowing. It's going to end because that's what happens in sports, but it's been 15 years already.

I really dont have much to complain about either NY and Boston are rated the 2 best sports cites by the Sporting News glad im not a Cleveland fan being a Uconn fan doesnt hurt of course ;).

Reaction Score
Actually it's pretty entertaining the NY Boston hatred here and the sword fight!!! Giants/Pats, Sox/Yanks.......no one is ever wrong here yet no one is right either!!;)

Except me............

Go Huskies

Husky25

Reaction Score
if your gonna dismiss titles before 1946 then lets dismiss the Sox titles from 1918 and prior to that then, so lets just say the Sox have 3 titles and not 8.
Where exactly did I dismiss titles before 1946? The Celtics are charter members of the NBA. The NBA formed in 1946. The Celtics have won 25% of the total possible NBA titles. 1. Read, 2. Comprehend, 3. Think, 4. Respond. You clearly jumped over steps 2 and 3.

Reaction Score
There is no arguing who the best team was this year. I kept waiting for this band of beards to fall apart and run into a stretch I thought was more like their potential. Instead they started pitching and hitting a little better at years end and despite not hitting too well in the playoffs, pitched their butts off and proved to be the best from start to finish. No argument here........

Now the GG's and the potential HOF enshrinement of Papster that's yet another story.......but that is one for later. The Huskies are NOW....ten toes in, no Sox/Yanks BS (unless I see something I need to respond to LOL)

Reaction Score
Where exactly did I dismiss titles before 1946? The Celtics are charter members of the NBA. The NBA formed in 1946. The Celtics have won 25% of the total possible NBA titles. 1. Read, 2. Comprehend, 3. Think, 4. Respond. You clearly jumped over steps 2 and 3.
I'm shocked anyone is arguing against the Yankees being the best organization is sports. Besides winning at an alarming rate the Yankees are just iconic from the pinstripes to the NY hat, they've made movies about them, a disease was named after one of their players and they have the some of the most legendary players in the history of sports. The Celtics are no doubt a great organization but the Lakers are on equal footing with them and have had better players throughout their history than the Celtics have. As for the Canadiens, nobody cares about hockey.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess you're right, they did name a disease after one of their players. Christ, can there be a thread that doesn't become some sort of "I got sand in my vagina" whining?

I'm geeked about the Red Sox. Three rings in my lifetime when I thought maybe I'd never see one. I don't really give a **** about the '27 Yankees right now. The Red Sox are the 2013 champs of baseball. All the "if only Detroit was healthy" and "this other team is better on paper" means squadoosh and is just sour grapes. On to basketball season.

Reaction Score
Putting the Celtics on par with the Yankees is laughable. They've won one title in the last 27 years. They aren't even the best franchise in their own sport.

Reaction Score
Putting the Celtics on par with the Yankees is laughable. They've won one title in the last 27 years. They aren't even the best franchise in their own sport.
Agreed, I like the Celtics more than the Lakers but the Lakers are the better franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom