OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!! | The Boneyard

OT. Great night Red Sox win World Series and UCONN Men's win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very happy night! I'm a diehard UCONN men's basketball fan but also love the Red Sox so I had to watch the game tonight since it was the World Series! Forgive me for not following UCONN men's tonight. Glad to see we won. I will be in Dallas for the Final Four for sure like I have been for the last 3. GO Red Sox!!! Go UCONN!!!!!!! If I had to choose one team it would be UCONN no doubt if this had been a regular season game on TV.
'

Reaction Score
Now the sox can finally shave ...damn bums...yankees are the better northeast team

Reaction Score
Not this year, but...27>8
Well we won like some of old Yankee teams of the 90's just a bunch of good solid fundamental baseball players. Of course we have the facial hair and you didn't. LOL! Go Red Sox!!! World Series Champs!!! So sweet! I have witnessed now 3 championships for each the Red Sox and UCONN in my lifetime. Hey I'm even a Patriots fan and they have won 3 in my lifetime. LOL! I hope UCONN wins number 4 this year.

Reaction Score
Well we won like some of old Yankee teams of the 90's just a bunch of good solid fundamental baseball players. Of course we have the facial hair and you didn't. LOL! Go Red Sox!!! World Series Champs!!! So sweet! I have witnessed now 3 championships for each the Red Sox and UCONN in my lifetime. Hey I'm even a Patriots fan and they have won 3 in my lifetime. LOL! I hope UCONN wins number 4 this year.

Celts fan?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Every 90's Yankee title team would blow this Boston team off the field. Even the mediocre hangover 1999 one.

Reaction Score
And 3 > 1 Sox in the past decade. But who cares about recent history. ;)

5-3 since '96 but "recent history" to the Sox and Yanks would differ for obvious reasons.......;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every 90's Yankee title team would blow this Boston team off the field. Even the mediocre hangover 1999 one.

The 1978 Red Sox team blows all those 9o's Yankee teams of the field. What's your point? It's all ancient history.

The Sox had an awesome year. A tremendous ride.

Reaction Score
Always an interesting dynamic here, with all of us bonding (well, most of us) as UCONN fans and when it comes to MLB....it all kinda goes out the window... :)

Reaction Score
The 1978 Red Sox team blows all those 9o's Yankee teams of the field. What's your point? It's all ancient history.

The Sox had an awesome year. A tremendous ride.

That was not what I was replying to Waq job so what's your point? The 78 Sox sucked too and couldn't hold a candle to the 90's Yankee teams.....not close so what's your point on that one?

I congratulated all deserving fans on the baseball board Waq but if you want to be a jerk about titles then let's go.......geez why are you such a d**k sometime when everyone is having some fun?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I congratulated all deserving fans on the baseball board Waq but if you want to be a jerk about titles then let's go.......geez why are you such a d**k sometime when everyone is having some fun?

The level of pussiness in this post is positively doggiedaddyesque.

Reaction Score
The level of pussiness in this post is positively doggiedaddyesque.

Congrats on being a bag after a victory.......you are the TYPICAL Red Sox a**wipe as of now Waq - nice job you ran away with the award!!

The only pu**y here reacted like one......for sure.....

Reaction Score
I can picture Waq pounding his chest in his cubicle today like Victorino looking over his wall at the Yankee fans laughing......sweet to be you!

Reaction Score
There's a lot of really mature behavior from a lot of grown-ups in this thread.

I'm a Sox fan. I'm proud of our team. I don't care how many championships any other teams have won in the past. Right now, the Sox are the best team in the majors and that suits me just fine.

zls44

Reaction Score
Nobody can deny that the best team in baseball won the World Series this year. From last to first to champs.

The best team in baseball was Detroit. A healthy Tigers team would have won the pennant. And, deep down, you know that.

But live it up!

Reaction Score
The best team in baseball was Detroit. A healthy Tigers team would have won the pennant. And, deep down, you know that.

But live it up!

Sort of like the "healthy" Boston team that patched together a bullpen after their first, second and third options went down with injuries throught the season. And yet somehow, nobody could hit these "nobodies" when it came down to crunch time.

So, deep down, you must be living in shame because the 2011 Kemba team won it all when they obviously weren't the "best team" all season.

zls44

Reaction Score
Sort of like the "healthy" Boston team that patched together a bullpen after their first, second and third options went down with injuries throught the season. And yet somehow, nobody could hit these "nobodies" when it came down to crunch time.

So, deep down, you must be living in shame because the 2011 Kemba team won it all when they obviously weren't the "best team" all season.

You're comparing losing a closer to Miguel Cabrera's groin exploding.

Stop. Just stop. The champagne is making you say stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom