OT: GOAT QB - its not Brady. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: GOAT QB - its not Brady.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stick to basketball if you can't tell that Brady and Gronk were all the Patriots had going for them tonight. Belichick had a very bad night, he sucked, and his decision to play Bademosi instead of Butler was bad too. Not to mention the personnel on defense. Belichick was exposed tonight. Brady threw for 505 yards.

I saw a heck of an adjustment by Belichick at halftime when it was pretty clear that the Eagles pass rush was giving Brady those ‘fraidy feet.

But I agree - both Belichick and Brady were outdone by their opponents. In the end, they both dropped footballs, one figuratively and one quite literally.

Reaction Score
I saw a heck of an adjustment by Belichick at halftime when it was pretty clear that the Eagles pass rush was giving Brady those ‘fraidy feet.

But I agree - both Belichick and Brady were outdone by their opponents. In the end, they both dropped footballs, one figuratively and one quite literally.

He was so scared in the first half he only threw for 280 yards.

And it was his decision to run 3 times in the red zone! And his decision too to miss a FG! Brilliant!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
To me, Belichick's legacy took a hit last night, while affirming Brady's.

I don't how he can constantly bang the "what's ever best for the team" drum and then sit his most important defensive player. This isn't college.

He must have slept with Belichick's girlfriend.

Feels like the end of the era.

Reaction Score
Montana never would’ve put the ball on the ground with the SB on the line.

SUCK IT PATS FANS.
Brady did his job last night. The Pats defense was a civ. Brady still has more rings, more Super Bowl MVPs and more regular season MVPs than any other quarterback. You suck it Jimmy and both NY teams suck it.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Pederson took it to the Pats. If the Falcons and Seahawks had done that, had the conviction to keep their foot on the gas and not get too cute, the Pats would be 3-5 in the Super Bowl and we'd look at them in a different light. Seattle and Atlanta GAVE the Pats two SB wins.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
All you gotta do is look at Peyton's playoff stats. Pedestrian. You can't be considered great unless you bring it, and win, in big moments.

Failure to win it all speaks to the organization, not any one player. Dan Marino belongs in any discussion about the best qb of all time. As an organization, Miami during the Marino years wouldn't even make the list.

Reaction Score
I agree about Marino--he was fantastic. But he was also a hothead (moreso than Brady) and chewed out his guys like no other. He'd get frustrated and lose his cool. Not a great leader. A great passer, and perhaps even better than Brady in terms of pocket presence (i.e. moving around the pocket). Brady is the 2nd best I've ever seen to Marino.

Still, other people threw a prettier ball. Jeff George for instance, and certainly Warren Moon who was probably the best thrower of the football in NFL history.

I have a lot of appreciation for Marino, but he threw a lot of INTs and forced the ball. Don't know if it was his ego or what. His defense wasn't all that bad either--the killer B's!!!

I hear a lot of news heads acknowledge that without Brady this Patriots team wins 8 games, and I think that's right--and almost too generous to the 8 win team. He's got Gronk (when he isn't injured) but not much else. It's amazing. Plug and play, the receivers come and go. Hogan?? Really? Reche Caldwell? Gaffney? Amendola?

The killer Bs pre-dated Marino. That was 1982 ...

His D for his run basically sucked every year....

Reaction Score
Failure to win it all speaks to the organization, not any one player. Dan Marino belongs in any discussion about the best qb of all time. As an organization, Miami during the Marino years wouldn't even make the list.

Especially in football where he has no control over half the game (defense and special teams).

Reaction Score
Pederson took it to the Pats. If the Falcons and Seahawks had done that, had the conviction to keep their foot on the gas and not get too cute, the Pats would be 3-5 in the Super Bowl and we'd look at them in a different light. Seattle and Atlanta GAVE the Pats two SB wins.

?? The Falcons were criticized last year for being too aggressive.

Don't you remember when they said "Why aren't you running the ball?" "Why in the world are you passing when you have the game won?"

Ryan got sacked twice, and gave up a fumble to Hightower (who didn't play last night) when the Falcons were going in for the kill.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
?? The Falcons were criticized last year for being too aggressive.

Don't you remember when they said "Why aren't you running the ball?" "Why in the world are you passing when you have the game won?"

Ryan got sacked twice, and gave up a fumble to Hightower (who didn't play last night) when the Falcons were going in for the kill.

They were up 28-3 and sat on the ball and played soft coverages. Their entire coaching staff admitted it and regretted it. They gave the game away. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge who isn't a Pats fanboi knows it.

Reaction Score
I think Ockie Anderson is the greatest QB ever. He was the greatest forward passer just after the forward pass became legal.

1920 and 1921 disputed NFL champion (Buffalo All-Americans). :D

Brady is a baller and has game. No reasonable person will ever deny that. Congrats to the Eagles for their win. First championship since the Patriots started playing. Or maybe second, whatever.

Reaction Score
Matt Patricia* Brady had 500 yards.

Speaking of Patricia, what is with the voice? He looks like the Burgermeister but sounds like Squiggy. Lions front office must be sweating bullets....

Reaction Score
The Patriots tried to get cute in this game, too, at times. Cooks made 2 dumb plays, one that got him knocked out.

It all is what it is, games are won and lost. The Patriots tied the record for most Super Bowl losses, if that makes anyone feel better. Either way, what a run it's been. None of us saw this coming.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
51kFD%2BQWBBL._SY450_.jpg

Reaction Score
5 > 4.

Brady was so close to 6. If Brady doesn't win #6, that fumble will be historic film material.

Reaction Score
They were up 28-3 and sat on the ball and played soft coverages. Their entire coaching staff admitted it and regretted it. They gave the game away. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge who isn't a Pats fanboi knows it.

So you're talking about the defense?

What did Pederson do with the coverages to stop them? He aggressively gave up 650 yards?

The Eagles offense won this game because of execution. They executed when the Falcons couldn't.

Reaction Score
Brady did his job last night. The Pats defense was a civ. Brady still has more rings, more Super Bowl MVPs and more regular season MVPs than any other quarterback. You suck it Jimmy and both NY teams suck it.

As a grown man I find it silly to get emotionally invested in pro sports teams. So today I’m enjoying your tears while the city of Philadelphia will likely burn to the ground. It’s a win-win.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
As a grown man I find it silly to get emotionally invested in pro sports teams. So today I’m enjoying your tears while the city of Philadelphia will likely burn to the ground. It’s a win-win.

Just leave DNics and Johns still standing

Reaction Score
So you're talking about the defense?

What did Pederson do with the coverages to stop them? He aggressively gave up 650 yards?

The Eagles offense won this game because of execution. They executed when the Falcons couldn't.

Lol you really do not understand the game of football. It’s simple. If Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn do not get momentarily paralyzed from the neck the Pats would have lost the last 3 SB’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom